LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 11:08 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
What are some good anime series
Page 2 of 6 [85 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Shieron
The Man

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast:*Shieron, *Shieron2
8.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:  

You would probably dislike FLCL. There was all this crap I was supposed to get, but I really didn't. I just thought the creators were being completely nuts.

BloodRose

BNet Acct/Realm: *Ghettoboyjmb
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:  

myself i personnaly like
ghost in the shell stand alone complex
inuyasha
definetly EVANGELION
Cool

NightWish

BNet Acct/Realm: Not telling
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
You would probably dislike FLCL. There was all this crap I was supposed to get, but I really didn't. I just thought the creators were being completely nuts.

How the hell can any one dislike crazy shitz?

Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:  

lol i supose ill make a list

trigun
cowboy bebop
outlaw star
escaflowne
the movie appleseed wasnt that bad i thought
hellsing is alright havnt seen much of it though
evanglion or how ever u spell it
inyuasha
the one with the big bugs blue something lol someone else mentioned it
all the gundams almost
FLCL was crazy cool
ghost in a shell
the ff7 movie if you wanna consider it anime
samurai shamploo
kenshin
FMA
naruto not the american version though
lol one piece is funny i like it
man detecive conan was kool but they dont show it in america any more

eh prolly more maybe. i know thiers alot i havent seen though

Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:  

im also suprised no one sed Ranma1/2 a very long anime comedy not girly:P
i like most already sed just not any gundumb:P dbz is only good for anime noobies
iv seen to many to name but the ones that got me hooked where

ninja scrool and vampire hunter dSmile
DiPLOMAT

12.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:  

korgoth of barbaria!!!! i said it b4.. that cartoon pwns all anime

Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject:  

Chronotrigger wrote:
ninja scrool and vampire hunter dSmile

forgot about these 2 thier alright and antoher show i liked when i was little was thunder cats Laughing but i dont think anyone thinks that as anime

Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:
I hate anime other than:

Trigun
Dragon Ball /Z/GT
Escaflowne

You should be shot for even saying DBZ is a good anime.

"How many Super Sayians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
"I don't know, how many?"
"Only one, but it takes five episodes"

That pretty much sums up why DBZ is a crap anime -_-;;.

If you are going to watch english anime, then I suggest Outlaw Star or Cowboy Bebob. They are the only anime's that were made into english where they did a good job with the voice acting. Also, the anime's are very very good.

Trigun (Mix of comedy and action)

Cowboy Bebob (I also suggest watching the movie)

Akira (This is a movie, lots of action and just insane animations. This is a must watch for any anime fan (Funnest part is actually not ment to be funny. I swear to God, there is this like 2 foot tall guy whos face looks just like Loui [sp?] Anderson XD)

Naruto (Meh, Not a Naruto fan but it has it's moments. The few good fight scenes such as Gaara vs Lee are amazing to watch. But the filler episodes are killer.)

Evangelion (This is based on the Dead Sea Scrolls as well as a few other things. It's basicly a mind-rape. There is plenty of action though, but unless you're into deep anime's then you wont understand this one. I'm on my 12th time watching it and the last few episodes still confuse me)

Gundam Wing (Been a few years since I watched this anime, but it's still on the top of my list. Sadly I have only seen the american version. This is IMO the best Gundam series out there.)

Samurai X (This is the good version of Ruroni Kenshin, before he started the whole "I can't kill people" thing)

So-Cry-Ed (Beleive I spelled that right. Has a bit of humor with a lot of action)

Elfin Lied (I suggest, if your squeemish or young don't watch this o_O. Lots of death, some nudity, and just scenes of pure gore)

Gungrave (This was an interesting anime. Plenty of action and a very interesting storyline. About half way into the anime though, it really starts to pick up action wise and fills up plenty of the holes)

FLCL (aka Fooly Cooly. Basicly, the storyline makes very little sense. Just, all kinds of crazy stuff happening. It's a very funny anime with some great music and some very good fight scenes)

Excel Saga (If you thought FLCL was crazy, then watch Excel Saga. PURE INSANITY! You will never figure out whats going on, and whats even crazier is the episodes aren't linked. You could litteraly watch the 14th episode then watch the 1st episode and think you are watching them in the correct order. It's hilarious with plenty of interesting characters.)

Lupin the third (A mix of comedy with a bit of action. It's pretty funny to watch the situations they get into and some of the characters are funny as well. Not one of my favorite anime's but I liked the style and the characters so I suggest checking it out)

Detective Conan (I forget the american name, I beleive it's Case Closed? If you download anime's, be prepared to have to wait a long time for this one. This is the longest running anime in the world currently with over 500 episodes if I'm not mistaken and still going. Basicly, it's a mystery anime. You get to see clues as well as other things, and you have to try and figure out who the murderer is. Also, it has a bit of comedy in it. VERY good anime.)

Wolfs Rain (Very good music along with interesting characters and storyline. I personaly like this anime's music the best. The song Gravity to be specific, one of my favorite anime songs ever. ANother I strongly suggest picking up)

Full Metal Alchemist (A very good mix of comedy with action. The characters are unique and funny as well as the storyline perplexing and interesting. This anime will always have you guessing whats going on and watching intently when a fight is going on. Probably why it's one of the most famous anime's in America.)

InuYasha (Personaly, I hate this anime. Simply because, the ending was the worst ending ever in a tv show. But other than that, the anime wasn't half bad. I would suggest reading the manga though)

Fruits Basket (Not exactly like the rest of the anime I have been naming. It's more of a drama/comedy with a twist. It's a pretty girly anime but I think it was good. So if you're not into the real girly anime's then don't bother looking at this one)

Magical Shoppign Arcade Abenobashi (Hilarious anime, and almost as crazy as FLCL. I sadly have yet to see the full anime, but from what I have scene you will constantly be second guessing whats going on and always be laughing at the crazy situations)

Paranoia Agent (Another anime I have yet to see the full length of. But from what I have noticed it is very interesting. The storyline is very confusing, constantly making you think "this is the person who is doing it!" and then moments later that person is the next victim. From what I hear the ending is very obvious but pure genius at the same time. Not much comedy but the storyline is just amazing.)

DotHack//Sign (I am only suggest Hack//Sign simply because I hate chibi animes. For anyone who doesn't know what a chibi anime is. It's basicly when they take the characters and make them really small and kinda of chubby to make them cute. It's basicly making them look like kids as well. DotHack//Sign is a very good anime. The storyline is deep and the music is amazing. Another anime I strongly suggest getting. You will never know what will happen next and constantly be trying to figure out the mystery of the coma's. There is also a small mix of comedy which makes this anime even better. Very long anime but worth watching every bit of it.)

Ghost In A Shell (The anime is good, lots of action and a bit of dry humor here and there. The action is what really brings you into this anime as well as the intense storyline. I suggest finding the movie, as it's one of the greatest anime movies around)

Well, thats all that pops into my head right now. If I think of any more or happen to just check my external HD I'll mention a few more.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
mr snuggle
Evangelion (This is based on the Dead Sea Scrolls as well as a few other things. It's basicly a mind-rape. There is plenty of action though, but unless you're into deep anime's then you wont understand this one. I'm on my 12th time watching it and the last few episodes still confuse me)

thy say the director /creator lost it neer the end of the series
dont know that for a fack tho
Mr.Snuggles

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject:  

Chronotrigger wrote:
Quote:
mr snuggle

thy say the director /creator lost it neer the end of the series
dont know that for a fack tho

The origional director went insane and they had someone else do the last two episodes. He tried to end the anime completely different and messed it up slightly so it's like a mind rape. Thats why it's best to watch the movies as well afterwards, Death & Rebirth are basicly just a flashback of what happened and covers a few small holes in the anime. I forget the name of the other movie, the rest of Rebirth.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
blizz99

BNet Acct/Realm: US East, Classic
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:  

I really wanna watch some of these animes here... but... i tried to use peekvid (which sadly i couldn't download anything), for some reason the site is down, none of the video clips work Crying or Very sad

can any1 suggest a good site to download animes? not just watching it =/
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:  

Eh, the director of evangelion, wrote it while he was in depression. Near the last two episodes, he actually includes flashes of the actual death notes that he received.

The movies are Death and Rebirth i believe...

Eva has specific religious references, mostly christian or cathoic. Ex. Dead Sea Scrolls, Lance of Longinus.

blizz99

BNet Acct/Realm: US East, Classic
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject:  

Can anyone please suggest a new anime site that can download free animes? not just to watch them.

besides, does anyone know why peekvid.com is down for such a long time? none of the vids beside music videos are working Crying or Very sad
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:  

Not sure if anyone has said this one yet but elfen lied is my favorite anime.

If you like anime and haven't seen it. Watch it. =)

Mr.Snuggles

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:  

Survival wrote:
Not sure if anyone has said this one yet but elfen lied is my favorite anime.

If you like anime and haven't seen it. Watch it. =)

Elfin Lied (I suggest, if your squeemish or young don't watch this o_O. Lots of death, some nudity, and just scenes of pure gore)

I havn't seen the full anime YET. I really want to though. Once I get done downloading my Eva again I'll work on Elfin Lied.

Page 2 of 6 [85 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: