LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:50 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
little manhunt event idea?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
zori

BNet Acct/Realm: Finland // Europe L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject:  little manhunt event idea?  

came up with litle idea of some sort of player hunting event (prolly would belong to tournaments section but im just planning this atm Razz)
basic idea would be that in the game there would be 1 very well equiped good hld player he will go to random place on one act maybe? whole game map would prolly be too big (a1,2,3,4,5)
after he has gone somewhere other players are released
and as an idea would be that they will go and try to find target player
from that map area but i guess that mh's ect would prolly easily reveal hes locations?
but in priv games with ppl you know/some communities with fair ppl it might work?

so maybe an bonemancer or smth would first go somewhere in act2?
after few mins rest 7 players will go after necro but everyone has hostiled each others so they will have to watch out for others aswell? Wink
and ofc tagged player has hostiled everyone aswell
one that kills tagged players picks up ear and then he has to return to town not by using tp's but from from gates of that town or waypoint
if he gets killed by other player while trying to return to town hes ear will be one that will declare winner
i writed this in kinda hurry so im not even sure if anyone will understand it
ill check it back later with time but what you think? Shocked
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject:  

lol i'd be willing to try it

it would be fun in a restricted area... like act 4 hell or something where you have to watch out for monsters too. in act 3 or 5 you could go looking forever

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject:  

although sounds like one a trapper will just guard a wp... or some camping ability, and what happens when u die...
zori

BNet Acct/Realm: Finland // Europe L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject:  

dsm-hades wrote:
although sounds like one a trapper will just guard a wp... or some camping ability, and what happens when u die...

this prolly could happen so maybe it might help when you take ~blood moor and cold plains to area then there would be one wp and camp to tele in and area of town where you can tele over wall is pretty large to be guarded and ofc others will start to hunt one that gets ear it would bring bit more excitement to game? Wink
first i though that it might be nice with small price for winner but it prolly would make some ppl act lame to get price so sounds better when it would be made just for fun.
ederfico

BNet Acct/Realm: Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject:  

We used to play this back in .09. Some random kids would make man hunt games where we would play and if we saw eachother, then we would have to duel. They would shop an item (like Plated belt of the squid 30 life) and then one team would hide theirs somewhere (teams would party with eachother) and the other team hides theirs. It was fun until people began to nk. Since we are in this little community, though, I don't think anyone will BM so bad as to nk in a man hunt game. I am up for it.

Starting over from scratch. Hope to be up and running soon.

If I offer on something, send a friendly PM because I tend to forget. -.-
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject:  

Ya I used to play capture the flag with a bunch of buddies. We would all kill eachother so no one would have bod, then each team would get a wirts leg and you'd get 10 min to search for items, then everyone would hide someplace in act 2 and drop the leg. Each leg was imbued, it was really fun for awhile, but now with multiple bodies it would be too much of a hassle.
Khan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject:  

yea that sounds like it would be really fun, is there any item is dropped on death? cause otherwise it would be real hard to get the flag back from the dead carrier
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject:  

gold Very Happy

Khan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject:  

hmmm good call, but i think youd have to have everyone either dump their stashes in town or come bankrupt and the field would have to be cleared or they could make their own flag Razz is say use a specific ammount. and actually it might be better to have one pile in a central location instead of 2 flags, otherwise one person could end up picking up both flags and then having to split it and confusion over which pile is which flag, but im beginning to rant, so just disregard whatever sounds too asinine
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject:  

Khan wrote:
yea that sounds like it would be really fun, is there any item is dropped on death?

potions, if your inventory is full.

Khan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject:  

thought about that too, but would potting be allowed? i could see someone accidently drinking the flag on the run back to base Laughing

edit:solution? full first line of belt slots with id scrolls for all players, that way if they accidently hit a belt slot its not an item thats used instantly(pot, tp scroll) so theyl stay for the entire match and say team one uses a super health pot and team two uses a super mana pot(team 3 could use a full rejuv for some added mayhem) i think that would be the best way to pull it off, however what would be done as far as the 'bases' go, the terrain isnt always good for such things and balance would be an issue

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: