LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:19 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
The Rune Word - EDGE.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject:  The Rune Word - EDGE.  

Well i wanted to test the 15 aura thorns just for fun public games... I was thinking that the three builds that could use this with some effect would be a lame druid grizzly caster and boost the bears life, just seems to boring tto just sit intown watchin ppl trying not to hit the bear. Then there is the necro summoner, the disadvantage i think would be the annoying job of going out and fetching your minnions. The third build i have been considering was a non rushed lvl 30 barb...
skills would probibly go with:
1 - Battle command
6 - Battle orders
6 - Increased speed
17 - Jump
rest prerequs

Gear:
Armour: looking for an artisans breast/light plate of the squid with Prubies
Helm: Looking for a rare/magical barb helm with 2+warcrys +life +bo etc.
Jewelry: Angelics, for the life mainly. unless i find a good 2+warcrys of life ammy.
Boots: Sanders for 40% r/w and + str
Gloves/Belt: Either Deaths combo, or Bloodfists with deaths.
1st weapon: EDGE rune word shortbow/or watever for minimum dex req.
2nd weapon: Dual wielded Spirit Crystal swords

Charms: Life/resistances/and Fhr mostly Life tho.

Stats:
Str minimum for equipment (hopefully 0-10 stats actually used in it)
dex: minimum for equipment (should be non)
Vitality: ALL! (as much as possible)
energy: None

I know this would only work against a melee character, but would it be useable in public games? like hopefully i could jump about with my spirit swords if it was lucking dangerous to get them in hit recovery mode over a decent area.. I dont realy use the bow as a weapon as it adds no dmg.. Any improvements suggestions, or is this build for charsie aswell Razz
skygoneblue

BNet Acct/Realm: I hate pwned.nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject:  

Here I come to rain peanuts on your parade! Laughing

Thorns, in addition to the 1/6 PvP penalty that all dueling damage suffers, suffers a 1/10 cut in PvP.

So, say some big old Brutus comes up to you with his Honor and dishes 1000 physical damage at you.
1000/6 = 166 PvP Damage dealt to you

The Thorns at level 15 will return 810% of that. Sounds sweet, but...

(166 x 8.1) / 6 = 225 / 10 = 22.5 = 22

So, all that work and he will get dealt a measly 22 damage (roughly). You're welcome to try it, but don't expect it to work as your sole source of damage.

In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this mother----er down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother----er down!
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject:  

starts to cry... Sad ... but but but.... cant u imagine a jumping bow barb? its such a funny looking build Sad ...... hmm i wonder if i cud lame it up with a real dmg bow .... Well could a barb jump and cause enemies double hit recovery then fire a shot or two, then jump again? i will have my jumping bowbarb dangnamit >.<

edit: is it how much dmg they cause or how much life they take off that is returned?
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject:  

skygoneblue wrote:

So, all that work and he will get dealt a measly 22 damage (roughly). You're welcome to try it, but don't expect it to work as your sole source of damage.

and thats without any -DR% or -DR.

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject:  

hmm after some consideration would a neffed rouges bow be useable and use prubies in gear, but max dmg charms? or should i look for a rare bow with a more dmg? I really am gona get a bow barb in use >.<
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject:  

maybe if you also try and get as many "attacker takes dmg of xx" items then this build can at least be viable vs the most newb player. minion + thorns is better. try a slow golem + thorns + bunch of minions necro
demon_seed

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject:  

does ow work with thorns?
d988j

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject:  

skygoneblue wrote:
Here I come to rain peanuts on your parade! Laughing

Thorns, in addition to the 1/6 PvP penalty that all dueling damage suffers, suffers a 1/10 cut in PvP.

So, say some big old Brutus comes up to you with his Honor and dishes 1000 physical damage at you.
1000/6 = 166 PvP Damage dealt to you

I think that thorns onley includes the 1/10th pVp cut, not the 1/6. Not sure, maybe I'll check into it.

EDIT:
Quote:

Offensive Auras

Thorns: Since the amount of damage it deals is based on the amount of damage you receive, if you take less damage due to wearing damage reduction gear, the damage returned will also be less. The damage returned is also reduced by the opponent?s damage reduction, and it works at 1/10 its listed damage returned in PvP

From DiabloII.net.

Doesn't have the original 1/6 pVp penalty reaplied from the initial damage. If some 1 hits you with 100 initial damage, you take 1/6 pVp, so 17 total damage. If you have 1000% damage return, they take 1/10 of that, so 100% damage back, so they would also recieve 17 damage.

I would suggest a summon/iron maiden nec. 10 into Iron Maiden, 12 Rais Skeleton, 2 Skeleton Mastery, 6 Raise Skeletal Mage, 1 Clay Golem, 1 Golem Mastery. You can get a couple nice precast wepons for Golem and Skelies(wont get extra Skelies because as soon as you switch wepons the extra ones die, but I think you get the extra Skelie Mastery skills on the remaining Skellies). Level 10 Iron Maiden will do 425%, along with 810 from thorns.

Maybe you could do somthing different with the skills to make a sexy bone armor set up because I believe the damage absorbed by bone armor is still damage returned to attacker. Such as level 10 Iron Maiden, 1 bone armor, 19 bone wall. With 2x +3 precast wepons on switch and using pesant crown(lvl 8 bone armor, lvl 19 synergy) it absorbs 375 damage, and a total of 1260% damage return from curse(onley including +1 skill from pesant crown)+aura.

Somthing fun to mess around with I guess Very Happy

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject:  

yes i was thinking of a necro but with a tele staff on 2ndry, are necro skeletons leachable?
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: