LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 10:17 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
How you first got interested in Low level duelling
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Guardian

BNet Acct/Realm: Australia
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject:  How you first got interested in Low level duelling  

Seeing as i have nothing to do..... i thought i'd start a new thread about how everyone first became interested in low level duelling.

so i'll start with myself Smile

About 2 years ago, i spent ages in softcore trying to get sigons boots/belts/gloves And isenharts set (Rofl) Thinking i would be the most dominant dueller in the lower ranks. It was more of a laugh then than it is my obsession now. After defeating countless players i noticed a game open - Low level Duels - MY CHANCE TO SHINE!! I loved the thrill of killing higher level duellers and being called a hacker n a cheater was just one of the most satisfying things to hear someone say hehe so anyway, i joined this lld game thinking i would pwn, i came up against a level 9 assasin and laughed so hard i nearly fell out of my seat, so the duel starts Me the level 18 Barb from hell, and this pesky level 9 assasin. I charged straight up with my uber Sigons and Godly Isenharts, and got cut down in 2 hits, so what was the next best thing? a team of 3 of us to fight her!!!. After i picked my jaw up off the ground when she murdered all 3 of us in a matter of seconds, we tried again - same result horrible loss T_T after swearing repetably and claiming it wasnt possible he even offered me the chance to try and kill him i didnt take nicely to pity, but i was determined not to leave without a kill, 1 solid minute of hitting and doing almost NOTHING to the assasin. i was in awe, this tiny little butch lesbian soldier, beating my raging newb of a barbarian. i had to know what was going on. The nice guy (Thankyou Bullet~ You RoCK Wish you didnt retire T_T) Showed me his gear and his charms he told me his life was over 500 !! From that moment on i made it my duty to try and create the best LLD ever and i've had ALOT of fun doing it Smile

Thnx anyone who bothered to read, i'd like to hear all your stories hehe.
Peace~ Guardian

DAO_JONES NECRO SHOULD BE IN HEAVEN AND NAMED GOD.
Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm, my friend pretty much introduced me to it. He had a lvl 9 TS sin, and was asking me to give him any +max jewels I found. He didn't know all too much about lld though; he was one of those guys who threw stuff together, and happened to be better than pubbies. Jeez, he even used a 4 socket gothic, and put a flawed amythest in the first socket in order to make himself purple to fit the name "barney"-something his char had.

coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject:  

I cam across a post on b.net , about a lvl 9 sin that could beat chacter's in ther 30's.......And that led to mysticfalcon's guide on gamefaqs, and i was hooked from my first sin.(that sucked by vlld standards)

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject:  

Actually, I think MysticFalcon's gamefaqs post also got me in. I was reading something on there (or possibly the b.net skills forum), and a post directed me to that build. I saw it, and said "holy crap - I have almost all that gear sitting on a mule somewhere! I can *totally* do that." That was my first jabber, Nike. She (and I) were no damn good, but it was fun playing pvp away from all those annoying high-level, item-intensive builds (I had never killed another player before that, much less did any dueling). The idea of being able to duel with items that most people didn't even consider worth keeping was pretty cool. Of course (like with anything else) I learned that it's only cheap at the most basic, introductory levels... my lld necro is easily the most expensive character I've ever built in six years on b.net.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Guardian

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject:  

Keep em coming guys, its interesting to know how everyone became so intrested and helped lld grow into the massive community that it is today. (i myself was only recently introduced to this website, never knew of it beforehand) and HOPEFULLY we can keep it growing good job and much <3 for all those who helped the ones that wanted to learn Razz

LLD is possibly THE best aspect of Diablo 2, and may possibly be for the rest of d2's life. I've converted people who had the most godly stuff in the high levels, who were just fascinated when my 18 chargeadin killed a level 99 sorc (wewt funny as hell i might add) it is such an interesting and enjoyable part (and frustrating at times too trying to that that godly jewel u need or that godly shield >.<) of diablo 2. Point being, good on everyone for being part of the LLD community and Dao i hope when i get on my feet again i can build a dueller to battle your necro Smile

Reminder::: DAO'S NECRO ROX

(Dont forget keep posting!!)
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject:  

Back a LONG time ago there was a Level 24 Concentrate Barbarian named OLD-ENGLISH. He destroyed my level 27 Barb that I was leveling.. So I decided "hmmm" he seems cocky, I should show him up and kick his ass. So I made a level 24 conc barbarian, and in one of the first games I went in I met a level 14 throw barb named "Belarathon" Razz
He was interested in making a conc barb too.. and I forget what happened after that..

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

hero-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject:  

shdw_deathadder introduced it to me Cool
wout and i been friends since year 3 ( now year 11)

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject:  

Heh during an off break between running a (battlefield 1942 DC) Clan, My friend used to work at an internet cafe during the graveyard shifts so i played free during those times. Being bored slightly with 1942 I returned to a game that I had never played online, diablo 2, then after making some cruddy high lvls, i do recall coming across a Guide for a lvl 9 sin. And boy did i have fun pking with her, untill i met the *good lld's* I was a pker with poor items, but i was destroyed. After that I started ignoring high lvls all together and just play low lvls. When I played on east ladder, i do recall those uber duelers that i wanted to aspire too. Some of the best duels i remember were between me and tridges smiter, i had the upper hand as i recall untill he started using goblin toe.. so sneaky :p then ladder restarted and i was exiled to purgatory in england from australia and now i play europe which dosnt play by lld rules but still, if im still interested in d2 by the time a new ladder emerges i will reconvert to east. [/lifestory]
Guardian

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject:  

Keep posting when ever you all get the time Smile Nice reads amusing how alot of us got pwnt before we started to enjoy it as we do now.
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject:  

i didnt even start d2 until 1.10 was out, and i had never met a real lld at all, or even knew what it was, until my brother decided to make one. he met a lvl 18 zealer somewhere, but i dont remember who it was. he made his own lvl 18 zealer and started screwing all of the higher lvls, so i thought that was kinda funny and made my own. but then i stripped my zealer...cause melee is boring...
You're a stupid thread.

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject:  

god i its been long time since i made my first one

back in the days of classic my lvl 30ish barb i was lvling i dueled a lvl 12 pally and got my ass handed to me, asked to see his stuff and he was using bone snap and other easy to get items for a charger (back in classic there was no lvl req uniques), since it was cheap i made one and well he was cool until lod rolled around and i left lld to play the new chars and was doing high lvl stuff for a little bit until early .09 when i started seeing lvl 9s and 18s running around in games i was lvling in, so came my obsession =(

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject:  

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1485&highlight=freak

zei_incarnate wrote:
Rampage wrote:

Props to guys like Zei and EQ they were the pioneers and inpire use all!

LOL I was no pioneer. I based my first assassin off Warchicken's lvl 9 PK guide. In that sense, my lvl 9 is still closer to a PK build than a true lvl 9 vs lvl 9 build. All I did really was slap a bunch of good jewels on his build.

I used to go out pking arcane runs and every one in a while I would run into another lvl 9 pk. So we would duel, I would get my ass handed to me, and I would ask to see his gear. I kept improving my gear and remaking my assassin until I thougt I was pretty bad ass. When I met lvl 9s that had previously whooped me, I could now beat them.

Then I met Morgan (Prickly Princess) and this guy just kicked my ass. But he was really cool. He showed me how he used soj + pskull to reroll the stats on rare jewels. So I started doing that. That's the area I didn't see many other lvl 9s doing, so we started having a big advantage over other ppl in terms of our jewels. I remember the 5th jewel I rolled was 18%ed, 13 max, 20 poison. I thought I would be getting them like that all the time, but I was actaully just very lucky.

Some people that still beat my lvl 9 were vudoo35's. I remember looking at that guy's assassin and thinking "I do more dmg, have more life, how the hell is this guy beating me?" But getting beat always drove me into a frenzy of trying to improve my lvl 9. Eventually I could beat his assassin too.

Last guy I met that gave me trouble was Unseen_Ugmug. He built his assassin somewhat in the fashion of Vudoo's. He had high def and ar. Duels with him were kind of random. Since I had more dmg and life, if i was lucky and got some hits in i would win easily. Othertimes I was swinging at nothing but air for the whole duel. Well I thought I beat him about 50/50, but if that was Darkclaw's assassin he remembers the result a bit differently. Laughing Well, he's probably right. But he wasn't on the scene for very long, and once 1.1 came out neither was I.

I'd love to see how things have changed since then, so bring on those lvl 9s!

that is who inspired me.

Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject:  

i was in clan prophecy at the time... our leader decided to have a low level tournament. all characters were supposed to go to lvl 15, and we had a week to do it. of course none of us had ever met a real lld, so we thought gems were the way to go. after soome thought, we knocked up the lvl requirement to 18 so we could use perfect gems. i made a level 18 double swinger with two 6 p topaz crystal swords... and i was about 4 days too early for the tourny, so i decided to go into some public games. after owning some people 20-30, none of them llds, i met a level 18 zealot named "tampon" i believe? (that was either his char, or account, dunno) and figured... heh what an idiot.. making a paladin >.< so i hostiled him, and obviously he knew i was a newb, and he shot me down with his raven claw. i ws dumfounded... after begging to see his items he finaly showed me, and i was devistated.. 6 sock military pick... 90 max dmg! all physical! omfg!!! ahh.. hehe so, i decided to go around and trade for stuff like his. wasnt hard to do, considering i was pretty rich in high level stuff, so by the next day i had my level 18 zealot.

the day of the tournament came, and everyone was there in their pgem smothered gear, and me with 15 max jewels... we teamed up, 3v3, and started the dueling, our team won all 10 rounds, me only missing one kill within those 10 rounds.. i was awarded with a medal on the website, and a bit of respect from other members as well Smile

thanks tampon! Rolling Eyes
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject:  

Ha ha, funny story on my part...

I used to be an EXTREMELY crappy player on d2, since i lost my account 3 times in total (once stolen by my friends, once by a hacker* and one in a huge xfer game**). I was getting rushed by one of my friends, and I thought to myself, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool to make a low level PK and surprise people by beating them up with a low level?". My first LLD was born, a zealot using an extremely godly setup involving the use of many flawed and normal gems, a 4 socket maul, a nokazon relic, a couple magic rings with +AR and some other crappy mod, and various +5 to life grand charms and 5% cold resist small charms. Nevertheless, I was unstoppable... until I fought my first fight. I got owned by a Conc Barbarian named "Squidworth" (That was the first and last time I ever saw him, actually...must've been an omen...) using the classic setup of biggon's bonnet, twitch, blood crescent, cow king's boots, pelta lunata, etc. etc. all PRubied for life. I got hammered in a few blows. I had maphack at the time, so I caught a glimpse of my adversary.

An LLD legend was born.....

*The "hacker" asked me to vote for him to become his clan's leader in his clan's IRC chatroom, so I thought I might as well be a nice guy and do it. Downloaded a keylogger, crashed my comp, and lost my account...

**I like this one. I asked my only trustworthy friend at the time to help me do a big xfer game, and I made it que1//1 to keep it simple. Some bastard spammed that exact same name for a hell cows game without either of us knowing it! Soon enough, 6 people pop in, 5 of them screaming "OMG Free items! OMG DUper gimme more free plzzzz plz plz gimme!" and the sixth going "WTF this is norm u noobs! no cain!"

Sigh...The good days...

Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:

that is who inspired me.

other day i found that i have zei's assasins ear somewhere. i can give you if you want it.

Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: