LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:33 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Proposal 2 PASSED?!
Page 2 of 6 [83 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject:  

ChasingChickens wrote:

Don't change my book to fit your lifestyle, you do realize that marriage came from the bible, correct? It is between a man and woman and has been like that since who knows when. Why are you opposed to a "union"? Why must it be marriage?

Actually there is indication of marriage and its cerimony was very present in ancient egypt wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before jesus and the bible. Wink Also a marriage in a church should definately be outlawed seeing as it is disrespectful to christianity and its institutions, however a civil marriage should not be prohibited imo because it is a violation of human rights.

Abortion is not outlawed and goes against MANY religious beliefs everywhere in the world....nor is going to a strip club, or drinking yourself retarded, or having a lot of sex before marriage. I just dont see the logic in not giving homosexuals equal rights. so long as its civil and not in a church i see no disrespect in it. the only legitimat argument agains homosexual marriage is that it goes against religion but so do many other things that are not outlawed...Blacks werent allowed to vote and had no rights a while back.........now we prosecute homosexuals? its as unfair to deny them civil marriage as it was to deny blacks the right to vote imo

Here in montreal its legal Very Happy

2fat wrote:
i think the whole mariage deal is upo the actual definition of mariage- union betweeen man and woman
i ngot nuthin against lettin the fruities be together n all
but the actual "mariage" aspect...i dunno about

Definitions change.....also i find the name fruities a little disrespectful. its like calling a black person the N word imo

edit: taking these things into consideration...why outlaw it?

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak

Last edited by xX_marie_Xx on Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject:  

2fat wrote:
the actual definition

but isnt that a lil too semantic for its good?

its like the Currnecy...it has "in god we trust" and... that whole fiasco about the pledge.. etc etc (but let not get into those)..

do you/we really want the basis of the argument on denotation?

ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject:  

xX_marie_Xx wrote:
ChasingChickens wrote:

Don't change my book to fit your lifestyle, you do realize that marriage came from the bible, correct? It is between a man and woman and has been like that since who knows when. Why are you opposed to a "union"? Why must it be marriage?

Actually there is indication of marriage and its cerimony was very present in ancient egypt wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before jesus and the bible. Wink Also a marriage in a church should definately be outlawed seeing as it is disrespectful to christianity and its institutions, however a civil marriage should not be prohibited imo because it is a violation of human rights.

zoe_lldgod wrote:
The Bible doesn't start with Jesus.

Ancient egypt was before the bible eh? If you are going by the bible then the egypt you are talking about must have ahd a population of... zero....bible starts from the beginning of time Wink

And as for abortion, how come it is legal for the fetus to be killed (or your choice of word, removed etc etc) and yet if a man beats his wife/girl he got pregnant and he kills the fetus he is charged with man slaughter/murder (forgot which it was) (and by the way I believe it is a baby but I am saying fetus and the proper terms for the sake of arguement)

2fat wrote:
i think the whole mariage deal is upo the actual definition of mariage- union betweeen man and woman
i ngot nuthin against lettin the fruities be together n all
but the actual "mariage" aspect...i dunno about

I agree with what you are saying but lets refrain from any derogatory terms, keep this discussion at a mature level.

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
Koshi wrote:
Knarl wrote:
It's funny how a lot of the hatred directed at Bush comes from the 18-25 year old range, yet the truth of the matter is, only 1 out of 9 or 10 (I forget the exact ratio) of the 18-25 year old range voted this election.

Yet they all like to bitch about Bush even though they didn't do a damn thing to try and be active in their democracy and vote.

Id like to know where you got that statistic from please.

yeah, that statistic was in the paper, it came up in my comp class today as well.

Yeah, I first heard it from my Poli Sci teacher today who is a democrat.

And if this discussion doesn't stay civilized, it will be locked.

VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject:  

zoe_lldgod wrote:
And if you don't wish to live in America, why don't you leave? No one's stopping you. There's no government agency making people stay. Just go. Simple as that.

Wow, I wish I could just leave my entire family, all my friends, my home, my job behind on a whim and move away. That is pretty ignorant to say if you don't like it then leave. We are all citizens and our voice is supposed to matter, not if you agree then it counts, but if you don't then go blow sand up your #ss because we don't care about you. Majority roxor joo soxor!!!!!11!

I'm pro-choice.

The whole gay marriage thing is totally blown out of proportion. The only thing that says homosexuality is wrong is religion, and I think I read somewhere about a whole seperation of church and state... I'm pretty sure it was on some ratty old piece of paper somewhere.

As for the whole "in god we trust" and "on nation under god" I belive that the word god is ambiguous and can be taken as one wishes.

by the way, did I mention that I heard Montreal was nice?

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject:  

ChasingChickens wrote:

Ancient egypt was before the bible eh? If you are going by the bible then the egypt you are talking about must have ahd a population of... zero....bible starts from the beginning of time Wink

this confused me and my girl friend. not sure what its saying

also wasnt the trojan war.....
didnt they have marriage in the ages before ?

abortion is protecting a womens choice to be, or not be a mother,..... {even though that choice in genereal probably should have ben planned out before da sex}

however a raped women is forced to have the rapers baby? eek thats a ugly idea to think your daughter/sister could one day be raped and the family be forced to have the child.. a far fetched and ugly reality but im sure it has happened

"is it murder is it not".. a hard argument to try to reason. try arguing smoking around a pregnant mother, negligent parental descisions during pregnansy.. .etc.
all these are detrimental.. but the law doesnt go so far as to cover all this.. again too iffy for law to be easy.

VoodooCamel wrote:

We are all citizens and our voice is supposed to matter

yah i tend to agree..

i hear it often enough "if your gonna bitch, then why dont u get out?" thats the thing about this country.. your allowed to disagree and try to do something..

"bitching" is protected.. and one of the many things that made america a positive place.. ultimatly the funny thing is.. you should crap or get off the pot.. right?

its just takes more work then most of us can handle to make "things" happen/change. its easier to move i guess

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
xX_marie_Xx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject:  

ChasingChickens wrote:

And as for abortion, how come it is legal for the fetus to be killed (or your choice of word, removed etc etc) and yet if a man beats his wife/girl he got pregnant and he kills the fetus he is charged with man slaughter/murder (forgot which it was) (and by the way I believe it is a baby but I am saying fetus and the proper terms for the sake of arguement)

perhaps however there is no logical argument against gay marriages other than it goes against religion....no eveyone is a christian so to deny homosexuals civil marriage is make a choiced based soley on ones religion and thus forcing its beliefs on another which is a violation of human rights......

As for abortiong if a woman chooses to be aborted because it is her right i see no reason to take that away. If a man however beats his wife and she miscarries it was against her will...thus not her choice.....in conclusion im pro choice Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:
It's funny how a lot of the hatred directed at Bush comes from the 18-25 year old range, yet the truth of the matter is, only 1 out of 9 or 10 (I forget the exact ratio) of the 18-25 year old range voted this election.

Yet they all like to bitch about Bush even though they didn't do a damn thing to try and be active in their democracy and vote.

says the over republican person...

that is why repubilcans win, they are smaller but are better unified as opposite democrats are spread and never work together, but don't worry about me im very liberal.

being someone who's birthday is 8 days after a presidential election which will be very much a part of my maturing *real world* life im very involved and moved and pushed by emotions stiring in my political stomach. but opinions are opinions and i respect everyone until the subject of religion and peoples rights are mixed.

example.

gun ownership. people kill people, not guns, don't attack them becuase some cannot control themselves or handle themselves. convict the killer not the killing weapon.

abortion. the baby is not auto sufficient until it is out of the mother and able to strive for itself. any other time it is the mother, she keeps the child alive and continuing. until that baby is delivered at it's fullest the abortion should be completely legal

and the huge subject that has hit me majorly.
Homosexual marraiges. first of all i would like to say im a strong believer in God and pretty christian but like i said im very liberal and being liberal i am all for the peoples rights over the governments control.

The government is regulating over a church power where the government has a policy of seperate church and state. People are people. Nobody can control the emotions that are set foward from ones self and the attractions that have been recieved. It happens. Most of the time, guys like girls and girls like guys but there is those occasions where guys are for guys and girls are for girls. Gay people cannot help themselves becuase their body doesn't not function "normaly." Because a majority of redneck/hillbilly/bumble fuck hunting conservative republicans do not like this or are not used to it and are afraid of change doesn't mean those gay people should be persecuted and attacked on an emotional and physical level. Why would one person not be allowed to do something so important to them when the only thing they did wrong was being born.

Those very same conservative republicans should look at it in a the same way but with something else...take anything, bowling for example. Becuase they have that attraction and like towards bowling doesn't mean they have a certain problem with them. Maybe not everyone likes bowling but does that mean it should be outlawed. IT'S NOT HURTING ANYONE AT ALL.

Marriage should not be messed with by the government when it's mixed with church. This country was based on free rights and now those rights are being limited thus ruining the word free. How is that so, becuase we are a country majoritized by christianity or any religion that looks down on someone for doing a certain inscribed wrong. It's not a wrong it was never thought of as wrong until one person said, "hey, yuck, i don't like that" then got everyone thinking that.

Sorry, very sorry, especially to the insulted republicans.

but this subject, this very subject of gay marraige makes me so angry. Im not homosexual at all but my problems come out the worste when i think someone is attacked unfairly or treated wrongly and this is the worste kind of wrong. Tridge, or whoever started this, i really want to cry for all of the now not recognized gay married or was soon to be gay married couples.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject:  

Chasingchickens wrote:
Ancient egypt was before the bible eh? If you are going by the bible then the egypt you are talking about must have ahd a population of... zero....bible starts from the beginning of time

there is a new testament which is jesus and the old testament which was the start of the world and time and everything as we know it. or the jewish bible.
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ_llds wrote:
Those very same conservative republicans should look at it in a the same way but with something else...take anything, bowling for example. Becuase they have that attraction and like towards bowling doesn't mean they have a certain problem with them. Maybe not everyone likes bowling but does that mean it should be outlawed. IT'S NOT HURTING ANYONE AT ALL.

i like to bowl.. heh, been bowling since i was 4, made captain of my HS team.

anyway, not to get off track here, i perfectly agree with you, except for the issue on guns. i feel that people should have a right to protect themselves but at the same time i don't like the idea of civilians owning guns, they get into the wrong hands. i guess i'm of two minds on the issue, perhaps if they have a stricter policy on buying a gun, i dunno.

oh well, it's late and i'm tired, goodnight.

[Important Links]
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject:  

zoe_lldgod wrote:
And if you don't wish to live in America, why don't you leave? No one's stopping you. There's no government agency making people stay. Just go. Simple as that.

people are always quick to make the person with the other opinion leave.

why should he leave? why should he have to pay the money and go through the ugly effort of moving, to suit someone elses retarded law? voodoo said it best (and i only noticed he mentioned it after typing this), how utterly ignorant of you to even suggest such a thing.

B[x] wrote:
what would have happened if the founding fathers were atheists.

so many atrocities throughout time would have never happened. the world would have been better off if Jesus and every other major religious icon were miss-carriages. but hey, thats just my opinion.

marriage isnt about religion anymore. it hasnt been for a long time. the church, the priest, the bible. its all symbols of love for one another, not what you beleive in religion wise. if it were supposed to be dictated as the bible says, then every non-christian shouldnt be allowed to be married by a christian priest.

im anti religion. i have none. im not an athiest, im not anything with a label. i just dont beleive in any one entity, i do, however, beleive in karma. but, when i get married, it will be in a church, by a priest, with a bible. or perhaps a pirate captain at sea on a tug boat.

passing a law to not recognize gay marriage is, as mentioned, a huge step backwards for civilization as a whole. next, women wont be allowed to vote, and americans will have slaves. good bye civilized future, hello Salem, Massachusetts 1692.

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Proposal 2 PASSED?!  

Tridge wrote:
Prop. 2, a bill that would change the Michigan State Constitution to provide that "the union of one man and one woman in marriage shall be the only agreement recognized as a marriage or similar union for any purpose." was passed by a slim margin yesterday. The Bill is now Law.

Thats one small step for the ultra-consevative Christian right wing, and one GIANT leap backwards for gay rights and the human race as a whole.

Coupled with Bush being re-elected, I AM SO FCUKING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW.
Don't use your Book to write MY LAWS!

I'm from Michigan myself. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, even my republican parents, voted against Proposal 2.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
xX_marie_Xx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Proposal 2 PASSED?!  

Cancerofdabowel wrote:

I'm from Michigan myself. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, even my republican parents, voted against Proposal 2.

I just dont get it. Other than the argument of religion (which has been succefully rebutted time and time again) There is no Logical explanation for banning homosexual marriages. So why? honestly im agnostic and i dont feel that religious cerimonies should be banned because I dont believe in them. Or that the importance of the church in the educational system and EVERYWHERE should be censored or stopped on the self centered assumption that One religion should dictate ones actions despite the fact that one may not believe in that religion.

For example in the middle east women are forced to wear the veil and have absolutely no rights.....Because of religion...so no gay marriages under civil law for gays...because of religion?

thank god for human rights and the all american dream of freedom. Very Happy

****hope i dont offend anyone Wink

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject:  

And you're all quick to jump on me for saying that. It's the truth. If you really don't like it here, why don't you leave? You must like some aspect of the country to remain here.

By the way, the whole religion thing. Several of the founding fathers said America would only remain true to itself as long as it had a standard of morals. They chose the Bible. Interesting.

Edit: When Iran had a shah still, the women of Iran actually protested to gain back the right to wear those veils.
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject:  

zoe_lldgod wrote:
And you're all quick to jump on me for saying that. It's the truth. If you really don't like it here, why don't you leave? You must like some aspect of the country to remain here.

democracy is about the right to an opinion, why do you think we vote? just because the democrats lost this election doesn't mean it's over, there's another in 4 years. also, if enough people are unsatisfied with the government, they have the right to overthrow the government, it's written in the constitution (at least i'm almost positive it is, haven't learned this stuff for a couple years). and like voodoo pointed out, it's not that easy to just pick up and leave. perhaps the easiest and most logical thing to do is to try to change things. if you don't like hearing people complain, why don't you leave? either that or just tune them out, they have a right.

zoe_lldgod wrote:
By the way, the whole religion thing. Several of the founding fathers said America would only remain true to itself as long as it had a standard of morals. They chose the Bible. Interesting.

they chose the bible because most everyone who lived in the US followed it. times change, what we consider the norm now is completely different than what they did back then. why would follow a set of conduct that was established centuries ago when, by todays standards, it holds no water?

zoe_lldgod wrote:
Edit: When Iran had a shah still, the women of Iran actually protested to gain back the right to wear those veils.

ok? i don't see how this helps your point, if anything, it hurts it. first you say that if we don't like it here, we should leave and now you're saying that women protested and got what they wanted. why couldn't they just leave the country if they didn't like it?

[Important Links]
Page 2 of 6 [83 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: