LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:57 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
gah...school
Page 3 of 4 [57 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Tridge

BNet Acct/Realm: NO WTO!
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
cherrish it, viet. i miss grade 12.

for emphasis

T_T
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ_llds wrote:
i could care less.

that was a, i could care less about the guy who lives in an appartment with 3 buddies on minimum awge, i could care less.

No no, i could definately care about my life.

Thanks for those comments. But sadly enough i could care less, again
lld_wanabee

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject:  

I been doing my trial HSC for the last week so i'm almost done Smile
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject:  

Lemme just offer you youngins' some solid advice: if ANYONE ever says to you "cherish your high school years, as these will be the best years of your life", hold them down and repeatedly kick them in the nuts.

I hated high school, and I didn't even have a very bad experience there (I spent my first three years ditching it, and my last year grifting the system so I could phantom enough credits to graduate). I have nightmares where I'm stuck back into that state-ordered hellhole. Worst learning environment I've ever been in. My college years were an order of magnitude more fun than high school, and my college sucked ass.

So for those of you still in high school: I deeply, deeply sympathize for you. It'll be over soon. The real world is not nearly as scary as being stuck in school: sure, you're still forced to spend eight hours a day surrounded by people you don't know or like, but at least out here they give you money to do it... Smile

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:

I hated high school, and I didn't even have a very bad experience there (I spent my first three years ditching it, and my last year grifting the system so I could phantom enough credits to graduate). I have nightmares where I'm stuck back into that state-ordered hellhole. Worst learning environment I've ever been in. My college years were an order of magnitude more fun than high school, and my college sucked ass.

its not about the school, or the nazi-esque ways in which the teachers instruct you. its about the fact that as soon as your done highschool, it seems 50% of your friends drop off the board and you barely see them ever again.

giantsquid

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:

its not about the school, or the nazi-esque ways in which the teachers instruct you. its about the fact that as soon as your done highschool, it seems 50% of your friends drop off the board and you barely see them ever again.

I avoided that by just not having (m)any friends. I find that people that I meet at university are much cooler than people I knew at high school.

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

giantsquid wrote:
I find that people that I meet at university are much cooler than people I knew at high school.

While this is probably true because most of the assholes in High School might not even make it to college (or at least the college you're going to), there are simply more people at college and thus you're more likely to meet more people that you click with.

[Important Links]
Zero

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. east
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject:  

giantsquid wrote:
VoicesLLD wrote:

I avoided that by just not having (m)any friends. I find that people that I meet at university are much cooler than people I knew at high school.

this summer i feel ive done alot of growing up. My job has brought me into contact with mostly kids in college, so thats hwo ive been hanging otu w all summer. My freshman year of highschool i went to a shitty ass highschool with asbestos and leaking roof where the kids r dsick heads and u want to explode. good old plainville. then i moved, highschool still sucks, kids r still dicks but the schools better. Now over the summer 90% of my friends r going to or r in college. I realize how much cooler they are, and how much little things dont matter. In high school if your not perfect, your out. w college people it doesnt matter, ive made friends that in high school, probably wouldnt hang out w. and ive become friends with people who probably wouldnt hang out w me in high school. Well basically what im getting at is highschool most kids r still superficial and immature and college it doesnt matter. So yea, i want highschool to die or me to finish my sentence, so i can enjoy the latter 4-8 yrs of my life (i say 4-8 cuz im thinking of law degree Smile ) but yea, my cousins in college and ive seen the change in him since he got there. Basically i cant wait to get out of here

ps. sorry for shitty grammar i typed this in like 3 minutes

pps. im 100% not getitng the car cuz i heard my dad n uncle swearing at eachother this morning Sad but im gonig to look at a truck for 1600$ 2morrow after work.

blizz99

BNet Acct/Realm: US East, Classic
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject:  

Zero wrote:

pps. im 100% not getitng the car cuz i heard my dad n uncle swearing at eachother this morning Sad but im gonig to look at a truck for 1600$ 2morrow after work.

awww... well that sux major ass..... Sad

btw, i felt kinda lucky to c my friends in CA going to school tomorrow. I live in NJ, so... our school opens on Sept. 7.... Laughing

Last edited by blizz99 on Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject:  

giantsquid wrote:
VoicesLLD wrote:

i have a friend iv known since grade 4. 12 years. thats a long time to have a friend. i also have friends i met in grade 8 (beginnning of high school) that are the best ones i could ever ask for. i would trust my life in their hands.

and about "I find that people that I meet at university are much cooler than people I knew at high school". college and univeristy isnt much different from high school. the main difference is people have to usually pay to be there, so generally theyll be better behaved. but you still get the jerks and assholes.

while in my steel fab course at college, i had an arguement with a guy who was being kicked out because he was skipping too much of the class, and blaimed it on me. he decided to spit in my face. i had a hammer in may hand, and very nearly knocked him out with it. but i decided to turn the other cheek, since crushing the losers skull would only get me kicked out too, and landed in jail. so just because you;re in college/university, doesnt mean you're safe from idiots.

fadextoxblackx

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:

I hated high school, and I didn't even have a very bad experience there (I spent my first three years ditching it, and my last year grifting the system so I could phantom enough credits to graduate).

whats... phantoming credits?!? sounds like fun.... Twisted Evil
Spazz

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:  

This is kinda off the topic-ish but i dont care just because! p.s. i love you belarthon!!! you gave me words that rhymed with that.. or was it this.. whatevre!

It's amazing how much a change of environment can change your personality. When I use to go to school in the "hood" or "ghetto" (though I was not ghetto in any which way) I was a trouble maker, I swore like crazy, I hated everyone, I did as much shit in class as I could to make people laugh, and people loved me for it for some reason. Then I go to a school of preps and mentally retarded kids, and I become a shy, quiet, collected, smarter (except for math..) and not much for cracking jokes at all, and I was generally only know for having kick ass hair.

I never realized my environment could mess with my head so much. I use to have this "no I'm just joking" thing I use to say, but as soon as I hit the preppy nerd school I stopped saying it completly, and I use to say it if I looked at someone with a funny face then looked away.. I said it A LOT.. As soon as I cross the boarder back into the "ghetto" territory I start saying it again for some reason.

I hang out with my brother and his friends who are all university students, and they aren't more mature at all.. It's like crossing the boarder from Nerd-Town to Ghetto side changes how I act completely, because if I was in nerd town I would be totally against what happens next...

The other night we went to a Harvey's staff (the resturant) baseball game because our friend invited us.. But the Harvey's staff were assholes to us.. So what do we do? We go buy 36 eggs, 24 tomatoes, a bottle of mustard and a pound of bacon two nights later.. We probably should have waited until 2-3 am but everyone had work the next day(but me), so we egged the fuck out of harveys at 10:30 pm just to get revenge (I personally didn't do anything, I was on lookout I suppose)... OOPS.. Three harveys employee's were getting high in the parking lot, zoomed up, and for once my awesome hair gets me in shit.. "HEY.. YOUR THAT KID THAT WAS AT THE BASEBALL GAME DID YOU JUST EGG FUCKING HARVEYS?!?!" so we ran away... I was paranoid for the next three days because I'm like the only white guy with an afro in my city..

T
hat's my story... i'm tired and wired... TWIRED! so.. might not make sense. I'm not sure why i told thsi story but i think its because university kids who get insanly good marks can still do stupid shit and bring their afro-friend along!

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Don Vito

BNet Acct/Realm: [nl-e]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:

The other night we went to a Harvey's staff (the resturant) baseball game because our friend invited us.. But the Harvey's staff were assholes to us.. So what do we do? We go buy 36 eggs, 24 tomatoes, a bottle of mustard and a pound of bacon two nights later.. We probably should have waited until 2-3 am but everyone had work the next day(but me), so we egged the fuck out of harveys at 10:30 pm just to get revenge (I personally didn't do anything, I was on lookout I suppose)... OOPS.. Three harveys employee's were getting high in the parking lot, zoomed up, and for once my awesome hair gets me in shit.. "HEY.. YOUR THAT KID THAT WAS AT THE BASEBALL GAME DID YOU JUST EGG FUCKING HARVEYS?!?!" so we ran away... I was paranoid for the next three days because I'm like the only white guy with an afro in my city..

omg thats hillarious..............u sure showed em.... Laughing Rolling Eyes
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject:  

fadextoxblackx wrote:

whats... phantoming credits?!? sounds like fun.... Twisted Evil

Due to some poor attendance records combined with lack of interest in bettering myself via the various crappy electives my school offered, I was two classes short of graduation come my senior year (which is to say that at the end I would have been six credits shy, given that each class was worth three credits). So, rather than graduate after summer school (which I sure as HELL wasn't willing to do), I convinced an office administrator whom I had brefriended as a freshman to give me an "office assistant" class for both zero period and "seventh" period (the day was only six periods at my school). Trick was, I only needed to show up once every week or so, just to convince the nosy principle's secretary that I was in fact earning my credits. So, in essence, I got six credits I did not actually earn, and graduated on time.

She also hooked me up with a much-coveted "lunch pass" covering lunch time and 5th period that allowed me off campus (only people that lived within a block of school got these, and even then very rarely).

In addition, I had failed English 4 (second semester Sophmore English - totally my fault, as I never did any homework. The teacher cried when she failed me, and I actually had to console her and assure her that I did deserve to fail the class. It was a pretty surreal moment, let me tell you.) Anyway, to make it up, I had to retake that class my second semester senior year. Luckily, my teacher for that was also my senior English teacher, and I was one of his best students. When he saw me walk in, he said "Prush, you're an idiot. You know that, right?" He then promptly promoted me to his Teacher's Assistant, which mostly consisted of showing up every other day to help grade papers, and occasionally gamemaster a role-playing game for him after school. (Yep, he was a pen & paper gaming nerd, same as I was.)

That, combined with being a photographer for the newspaper (4th period), and the yearbook (5th period), made life pretty easy. All in all, this meant that oftentimes I didn't need to be at school between 3rd and 6th period. I'd show up in the morning, take my first two classes, take off for the next 3 periods, then show up for the last.

My mother found this all very amusing. "As long as you graduate on time and don't embarass me or yourself, I don't care what you do" was her motto.

So that is "phantoming" credits. I graduated High School by grifting the system, and I'm damn proud of it. I did all sorts of crap like that in my time there.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
blizz99

BNet Acct/Realm: US East, Classic
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject:  

wow..... just wow.... a lot of touchy stories here... Crying or Very sad well, freshmen here i go.... pretty scary... indeed Shocked

"This will be the best years of your life!!" yea yea.. principals always say that...credits, the confusing schduels... awww!!!!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad miss the old days in pre-school.... Confused
Page 3 of 4 [57 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: