LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 29, 2024 12:00 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Would a level 30 Teeth Necro get owned?
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject:  Would a level 30 Teeth Necro get owned?  

Just curious, because I was playing around with the skill editor, and thought it might be a weird, uncommon idea. Max Teeth, 1 in BA, the rest into BW. There doesn't seem to be a rule against using Bone Wall (as long as you don't spam the thing), so you could set up a few obstacles with it, then spam Teeth for the stunlock/kill. Sure, it does miserable damage, but it's pretty cheap mana-wise, and practically impossible to avoid. Anyone have any experience with this kind of build? Thanks in advance.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Arcane Killer

BNet Acct/Realm: East HCL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject:  

how much dmg does it do, and does it go through bp/bwall? or does it hit the prison/wall and stop?
ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject:  

kid I love you, I've always wanted to make a teeth necro, but never really pursued it.

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Looking at the Teeth necro  

With a few quick minutes of research, I put together this build for the Teeth necro (level 30)

20 Teeth
01 Bone Armor
12 Bone Wall

(This assumes all normal diff skill quests done)

Strength: Your heaviest item (Frostburns) requires a Str of 60
Dexterity: Max block with the Rhyme; Spectral Shard requires 51
Vitality: Everything you can spare
Energy: None. You should have plenty of mana from items

Helm: Peasant Crown
Armor: Skin of Vipermagi
Gloves: Frostburns
Belt: Nightsmoke
Boots: Rite of Passage (for set bonus with ammy)
Ammy: Telling of Beads (+1 skill, good resists)
Rings: 2x SoJ (not like I own any SoJ's, but the +mana and skills would be great)
Weapon: Spectral Shard (+50% fcr, +50 mana, +10 resists - what more could you want?)
Shield: +3 Teeth head with "Rhyme" runeword

With this set-up, you'd have much needed 80% FCR, +5 all skills, +8 total Teeth bonus, and 90% Resist All, with 108% Resist Cold and 140% Resist Poison (assuming perfect variables on items). You'd also have plenty of Mana (+100%, by my estimate, not including various Mana adders), lots of stat bonuses, and other sundry goodies. You could patch out any FHR, Mana or Health weaknesses with charms.

Damage would be a fairly low 106-140, but you'd be spamming them like a madman, and the 24 Teeth you shoot across the screen would be a task to avoid.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking at the Teeth necro  

Dao Jones wrote:

Damage would be a fairly low 106-140

theres 1 problem:
agaisnt anyone with soe + magi or shroud, your looking at single digit dmg.

Arcane Killer

BNet Acct/Realm: East HCL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

even if they didnt have any mdr youd only be getting 23 dmg per cast since only one tooth per cast can hit

where i come from ppl dont stand around and let you cast on them 40 times to kill them, theyve either killed you or if they really sucked, left the game

it would still be fun to try though since it would be funny to shower ppl with teeth and it would catch ppl off guard since teeth suck so much

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject:  

Have you thought about using a Bonespear charged head/wand? (what level req for them anyways?)

Edit: Patched.

Last edited by krajee on Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
xZephyrX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject:  

Ide do magefists over frosties for caste and mana . It should also be relatively easy to get a diff ammy with 2 nec skills and caste instead of disciple stuff. Then you can wear cow boots or crafted caster boots with some mana regen on em. Hell, i have a 1 necro skills 10fcr ammy with some other mods you can have simply for making a teeth necro :)Pm me if you make him and i'll fork over the ammy Wink
Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject:  

I Tried it. There's more detail in the level 30 necro dueling thread in the Low Level Dueling Section.

Anyways, I hellrushed the character, used a +2 teeth rhyme, and a level 6 bonespear charged wand, and my final damage turned out to be around 200-240 teeth.

On paper is sounds okay, but here's the catch. No matter how much people run back and forth in the spread, Teeth will only hit once per cast. Plus as Jerkazoid said, Viper and String will reduce your damange to almost zilch. I had a + Spirit wand and head on switch, and guess what, I used it almost exclusively. The only thing I used teeth for was breaking mass bonewalls in NvN. In either case, Its not really a viable build.

Sorry Sad

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject:  

xZephyrX wrote:
Hell, i have a 1 necro skills 10fcr ammy with some other mods you can have simply for making a teeth necro :)Pm me if you make him and i'll fork over the ammy Wink

Well, I'm a bit stymied at the moment. Realistically, I'd like to start into lld with a character that won't require eighty hours of charm and jewel gathering, and since I don't play sorcs (personal preference - I can't stand 'em) and I don't like windy druids (tried one, hate Tornado), the bone necro seemed like my best bet. On top of that, having a fully decked-out level 85 bone necro (with level 38 spear), I know how freaking hard it is to aim and hit with a spear in PvP (at least for me). And since bone spirit really isn't viable in damage-to-mana output early on, I had thought to try a Teeth necro just for the fun of it.

But maybe I'll make him anyway. If it fails, it fails, and I'll remake him as something else. I'll PM you when I finally put him together - sounds like that ammy would come in really handy (especially if I try to hit that 125% FCR breakpoint). Thanks for the offer! I hope you're on USWest...

Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject:  

Realistically, you should aim for the 75% fcr breakpoint. 125% fcr breakpoint will leave you with very little in ways of other mods as well as mana which you will then devour even faster at 125% fcr.

As was already said, teeth will take forever to actually kill anything if ever. Using Spirit in low level duels works just fine and in my opinion, level 30 necros are the best low level duelers. I don't see any other build beating a good one except possibly a very good sorc. Even then I find that the odds are in the necro's favor.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject:  

Phyre wrote:
Realistically, you should aim for the 75% fcr breakpoint. 125% fcr breakpoint will leave you with very little in ways of other mods as well as mana which you will then devour even faster at 125% fcr.

Well, I figured to make up in speed what I lacked in hitting power. And a 125% FCR is not impossible to reach without sacrificing. And a lot of the gear you'd use is already desirable for this build.

50% Spectral Shard (+50 mana, +10 resist all)
30% Skin of Vipermagi (+1 skill, +35 resist all, MDR)
20% Two rare FCR rings (various possible mods)
10% +skills FCR ammy (various possible mods)

That's 110% FCR without Magefists. Realistically, there aren't so many better options at level 30 for a Necro that FCR equipment requires "sacrificing" much. You will burn up mana tho' - you're spot on about that.

Bah! Damn you people and your Anti-Dentist sentiments! You're probably all right! But I like ranged attacks, hate trading/mfing and I hate Sorcs! So now what? Guess I could make a GA bowazon...

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject:  

You could have a 20 FCR circlet so you could continue to use sojs.
Gg_UnKnown

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject:  

dely's teeth necro was cool as hell. i was gonna make a inferno sorc to duel with him but then i quit : / ne ways teeth look so tight <3
Rancid

*Hc_Muzzle
usEast Ladder
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: