LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 10:44 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 30 Maul Druid Will It Work?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject:  Lvl 30 Maul Druid Will It Work?  

Hey i was pondering on attempting to make a lvl 30 maul druid i got some ideas that i think will make it horrible but my bro jem says he thinks it will suck your oppinions?

Heres the gear:
6sock War axe with 6 shaels
2shapeshift/vis mod pelt
3sockarmor with life mod
Atsod
angelics of course
blood fists
gtoes
String
20+ maxers in helm, armor, and shield

Skills:
19 to maul
7 werebear
7lycanthropy
4oak sage

prebuff helm for cyclone armor and prebuff gear to raise all the summons/shapeshifting

2sojs
2ele for cyclone 2 shapeshift for shifting and 2 summon for sage ammys/helms
skin
spirit sword/sigs shield

i think it will work but idk

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject:  

smitty has one, it is cool, imo. he's got a ton of life and it's hella fast and damaging once he gets a couple charges on it. after his last remake he was doing really well vs my kicker.
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject:  

Get shockwave. When you stun an enemy, anything that hits will automatically put him into fhr animation, so the fast attack speed of maul combined with stun is deadly.

wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject:  

vouch for the shockwave..
i was about to make 1 of these whileback and the main thing i wanted to have was shockwave to stun ppl and let me maul them at ease.. might actually work <3

OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject:  

It does work. I've tested it in a Hld Fury V Maul duel. Whenever he used shockwave combined with stun I consistently lost.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:  

how long is the stun length? and dont forget it wont help you vs zealers or conc barbs or smiters since they're all uninterruptible

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

yea your right about that, but if i could manage to hit them b4 they attacked me with shockwave it would work on them, thats what i have to do on my warcry barb with good timing its possible, btw how many skills into shockwave?

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject:  

Its a one point wonder. I think the maximun stun length in pvp is 3 seconds. I don't remember so I can't say for sure.

PaulRishell

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[L] *PaulRishell *ClassicLLD
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject:  

i think its completly viable.. would do some not good damg with nice ias..

Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject:  

yay now comes the hard part of finding the gear rofl

Equipped Lvl 30's:

SmittySixTen

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject:  

You went a little heavy on the Maul, especially if you're using angelics. Get your AR to about 3.5k and then don't worry about maul. Putting points into bear and lycan are the way to go. The reason is that Maul is a charge-up skill, and each level is another charge. The higher maul is the more shots you need to get in before you reach your max damage.

However, if you put more points into bear it will add more damage to every charge level of maul. Also, the added defense is pretty darn nice. Lycan is always a plus as well. You simply cannot beat a werebear in terms of life on the lld scene. I currently have 1778 life with 1 point into vitality. Also, I use HoW instead of Oak. If I decide to use Oak for whatever reason then I end up with 2168 life.

HoW is wonderful because you really don't need it usually, but your opponents see it and just have to kill it. If they are attacking your spirit it means they are not attacking you, but you're still attacking them. I actually see oak as a handicap, because once it's dead you lose a chunk of life and a mauler doesn't have the mana to keep re-summoning it.

I don't use shockwave to be honest, I find I tend not to need it but I may put a point in on my next re-make just to see.

The setup that I used for the first stage of my bear was:
Pcrown (I actually really miss the frw on this thing)
6 Shael'd Naga (I prefer it for the extra base damage and high range)
Rhyme
15dr String
Upped Bloodfists
Sander's Boots
4 P Ruby'd Ancient Armor (I originally wanted max damage jewels, but I quickly became partial to life over damage for this build)
2x SoJs
Rare +2 SS ammy with high life, high res, and damage to mana (damage to mana is actually the best mod on it... yes, it's true)

On switch I had a spirit sword and Sigon's Shield.

I did have a fairly high maul level, but that was because I needed the extra AR. The helm I use now has AR per-level, so I cut back on the maul levels so that I could focus more on bear and lycan. Also, whatever spirit you decide on (I still say HoW is better than Oak), don?t invest more than 3 skill points in it. Anything higher than that is a waste because they die quick and you can?t be reliant on them. Again, if you're using angelics you can cut down on maul levels because after ~level 15 the only reason you?re adding points into it is AR. If you decide to go with SoJs and a Druid/SS ammy you will likely need more levels in maul, but I am adament that the lower the levels of maul the better. 3.5k AR PRE-HoW and you?re done with Maul. Period.

I could talk forever on the topic, but that's enough for now unless you have more questions for me. Hope all that was useful, and good luck with the mauler.
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: