LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 29, 2024 12:03 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
How are LLD dupes different from HLD dupes?
Page 4 of 10 [139 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:  

bigspot_05 wrote:
Actually, they use the channels to advertise their own other products (wow and starcraft iirc) and prolly make some money from the advertisements they put up there for graphics cards and whatnot.

I'd bet a few of the pay sites for items are run by Blizz. Think about it...those sites obviously bot for items cuz its impossible to have THAT many 15ed archons...yet no matter what time of the season they are packed full of items to sell.

I checked the prices they charge the other day so I could sell something on ebay and I wanted to be in the ballpark...Jesus they sell Life skillers for $25 a pop! That's the price of the entire Diablo battle chest Shocked

Those advertising bots are able to join every game thousands of times and never get temp banned. I'm sure there are hacks that allow that to happen but I'd also bet Bnet is behind a lot of the $$ being made off of items being sold. They'd be stupid not to anyway Rolling Eyes

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject:  

They's isn't!

GohanSSJ

BNet Acct/Realm: The Netherlands - Europe Ladder/East Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
But please, don't be so ignorant as to imply it's "not right" to use dupes. Is there a list of morals/ethics that go along with playing Diablo II LOD?

In every game, and infact in the whole world, it's frowned upon to cheat and exploit, wether a game gives a shit or not doesn't matter, people cheat, and you exploit that fact by using those items they cheat.
Quote:
Until then, I will continue to use them, enjoy it, and simply laugh at randoms who bitch about me using dupes.

That's because you're a n00b who's to stupid to duel legitimate.
Quote:
The people who whine about them do so because they either a) don't have them b) spent a stupid amount of time on getting the wrong "legit" items and now whine.

Only a ignorant fool thinks like that...
You talk, just like the person before you and many others, including on this forum, that people are poor etc and that's why they don't use dupes or buy items with money... you should realise that most people don't want to use dupes, and want to play in a honest way.
Quote:
I'd bet a few of the pay sites for items are run by Blizz. Think about it...those sites obviously bot for items cuz its impossible to have THAT many 15ed archons...yet no matter what time of the season they are packed full of items to sell.

It's really not that hard to get lots of those... i used to know a guy who botted, and "only" with 1 char, he used to have like 3-4 good uniques every morning.
If you program the bot to pick up such armors, and you got lots and lots of them, then you will get those.
Not to mention ofcourse duped armors...
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:  

Nothing is wrong with trading for dupes or using them. They are already in existence, so you might as well use them if they benefit your character.

However, duping items yourself is bad for the game, especially if you are introducing a new dupe into the system. It's is especially dangerous to LLD as LLD is fairly legit and duped jewels are perm.

So - dupers are bad, but using duped items is fine.
DarkMousy

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:  

Great, we're down to namecalling. How immature. First off, what does using duplicated items have to do with my level of intelligence? Absolutely nothing. Furthermore, I play the game to have fun, no? People do not get penalized for using duped items, it's more/less accepted by bnet now. That brings me onto my next point - you say it's frowned upon to cheat. That is true. However, for it to be "cheating" there has to be a set of REGULATED RULES by which the game/event HAS to follow, and the people who wish not to follow it suffer a consequence handed out by an authority. The authority, being bnet/blizz, clearly doesn't give a shit, so why should I? If it's within the realms of the game and it's not "against the rules" then what's the fuss about?

And, before you consider bringing it up, I'd like to add that third party progs ARE regulated still by blizz, so there is still some level of involvement in this game. Remember the mass banning for botting/the previous RA mod/MH? Obviously blizz cares enough about that to do something about it, hell even GMerc was patched. Dupes? Not a chance. By definition, using duped items isn't cheating. Duping them, that's cheating, but using them? No thanks. I play to make my character as strong as possible. I'm not breaking ANY bnet rules by using duped items, therefore I'm free to use them, regardless of what you or anyone else who's not an authority might say.

At the end of the day, providing the necessary bps are hit and it's actually a duel of characters that take SKILL to play (ie. casters), skill > items.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:  

If we could dupe beers would you drink one?

Hell yes I would...anyone else?

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Nothing is wrong with trading for dupes or using them. They are already in existence, so you might as well use them if they benefit your character.

Those who use dupes create the demand that duping is contingent upon.
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:  

Duh, but you can't blame the individual consumer.

A person who buys and uses dupes in not responsible for the current state of D2.

Similarly, a person who buys and wears clothes from The Gap is not responsible for the harsh conditions of sweat shop labor.

I sure hope you don't buy clothes from The Gap - using your logic that would make you a horrible person.
GohanSSJ

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:  

Actually that's a load of crap... the way people been dealing with fur coats has truely diminished the amount of fur coats being sold, well real ones anyway.

If everyone on D2 refused to use dupes, then dupes wouldn't be around, if nobody would buy items with real money, then those sale sites wouldn't be around.
Quote:
First off, what does using duplicated items have to do with my level of intelligence?

It doesn't, maybe you should understand the difference between stupid and dumb.
Or are you to dumb for that?
Quote:
Furthermore, I play the game to have fun, no?

If i have fun tracking you down and slicing your throat then should i be allowed to do that? Fact is your fun is at the cost of someone elses fun.
In 1.09 you had countless of games filled with Bowazons with hacked items and a inventory filled with duped 290 poison charms, killing pretty much anyone in seconds. They had fun, others didn't. If the bowazon hadn't had that all, then things would be different, and thus the others would have fun aswell.
So by peoples selfish play styles you ruin those of others, and that's why i'm completely against such item use. The majority are legit players, and you use dupes to kill them, and thus you should piss off or make something like a clan for dupe and cheat users, and kill each other.
Or even better, go play open battle.net.
Quote:
The authority, being bnet/blizz, clearly doesn't give a shit, so why should I?

Because it would be fair? I know, you don't understand that word, basicly that means in this case that you don't exploit the fact that they don't give a shit, and play in a fair way.
Quote:
And, before you consider bringing it up, I'd like to add that third party progs ARE regulated still by blizz, so there is still some level of involvement in this game.

Blizzard can't delete permed items, they are different items, they can't just trace and delete them.
Besides, i "know" people who been using MH for months now, Blizzard obviously doesn't do enough.
Quote:
By definition, using duped items isn't cheating.

Very true, but it is however bug exploiting, as those dupes are there due to bugs/cheats, and you exploit that by using them yourself.
Quote:
At the end of the day, providing the necessary bps are hit and it's actually a duel of characters that take SKILL to play (ie. casters), skill > items.

And yet you need to use them, and thus you are a n00b.
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:  

Wait, why do I (or anyone else for that matter) care if you are having fun? Rofl. By the way, if you want to keep calling people a n00b take it to the firepit, no one cares that you can call people names, a 2 year old can.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:  

Why are there four pages discussing some fantasy world in which dupes are morally wrong and you shouldn't use them? Go into an HLD game and find me ONE dueler (dueler, not noobcake in uniques) who doesn't use dupes.

THAT's reality. THIS is a silly fantasy-land discussion.

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
GohanSSJ

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Wait, why do I (or anyone else for that matter) care if you are having fun?

Because that would be griefplay, griefplay is BM and BM is for losers and/or n00bs.
Quote:
Go into an HLD game and find me ONE dueler (dueler, not noobcake in uniques) who doesn't use dupes.

Dupes that they know about, or dupes that they don't know about?
Because there are plenty of people who have dupes that they don't know about, anyone who trades decent to good items have that chance. It's not those people who are being targetted, it's people who look at their boots, and know they're duped and still don't care, those are the ones being targetted.
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Duh, but you can't blame the individual consumer.

A person who buys and uses dupes in not responsible for the current state of D2.

Yes he/she is...certainly no individual is solely responsible for the state of our realms, but they are in part. The logic is really quite plain.

Imp wrote:
Wait, why do I (or anyone else for that matter) care if you are having fun? Rofl.

Thanks for showing this forumn cleary and undeniably the type of person you are.

Zeiris-lld wrote:
Why are there four pages discussing some fantasy world in which dupes are morally wrong and you shouldn't use them?

Yes, this whole debate surrounds a computer game. Nevertheless, its an aspect of our lives which we all devote hours towards. Its something that we attach real emotions to. The conduit happens to be fantasy, but thats really quite irrelevant. Not only that, but duping violates Blizzards copyrights and BNet's ToU. Having said that, its not hard to see why duping/using dupes is both selfish and wrong.

Zeiris-lld wrote:
Go into an HLD game and find me ONE dueler (dueler, not noobcake in uniques) who doesn't use dupes.

Your point is what? That most pubs are ignorant/selfish? I would agree.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:  

Zeiris-lld wrote:
I have one. He uses these forums.

Ehhh.

I believe he actually has 5 hlds.

DarkMousy

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:  

First off, do you have to be such an immature prick? I'm sorry, but my intelligence has nothing to do this this conversation. Rather, it would seem to have everything to do with YOUR deficiencies and evident inability to say anything intelligent in response to several points I've made, so would you either address them properly without being a prick , or kindly STFU. Or better yet, I'll just drop my intelligence level and have a conversation with you on yours ok (minus the insults because that's just irrelevant BS that nobody needs to hear).

Now, that aside, slitting my throat, that's an illegal act, plain and simple. You do it you go to jail, horrible analogy, try harder next time please 'kay?

Your fun has nothing to do with mine. What if I said your non-dupe fantasy land takes away from my fun? Please. I really couldn't care less about your fun, there's always the option to click the uninstall buddy, or leave the game. Crying does you no good if nobody cares/wants to listen to you.

It's fair if alot of other people use them to, no? Majority of bnet uses them, so why should I be unfair to myself and not use them?

As for blizz not doing enough, there was a huge mass banning, obviously you can't get them all, but compare that effort to what have they done to stop duping? You got it, it's almost laughable.

I'm still technically not cheating, can't call me there for anything. Are you against grushing characters too? Do you mf/have multiple accounts? Do you xfer items? Because as far as I know, it was never blizz's intentions for that to happen, exploit the system more?

I'm not even going to address the last point you made, just more irrelevant trash that spews forth from your keyboard. I'm just gonna say it's sad how personally you take someone's using of a duped item, please. It's a VIDEO GAME, get over yourself.

If it pisses you off that much that you're gonna pour your life and soul into a losing argument on a forum that 99% of the d2 community has never heard of, well, you're better off quitting and doing something better with your life. Nobody's forcing you to use them, don't if you don't want to. However, crying about dupes isn't gonna change anything, because in all honesty, who the hell are you to the d2 population? Just some other person that nobody could care less about, they'll never meet you IRL, so they won't care, and even if they did it's debatable. Dupes are here to stay, dupe users >>>>> dreamers who wouldn't use them, deal with it.
Page 4 of 10 [139 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: