LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:43 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Anyone interested in MLD?
Page 4 of 6 [90 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
xZephyrX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject:  

You can get that in mld pretty easily actually. What would you all think about a 31-41 league? No skill charms etc... kinna nixes lotsa gear that might promote a headache in lvls over 41. But make it an anything goes.... meaning if you can dream it up and implement the gear you can use it? Just an idea Very Happy
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject:  

personally id make it up to ~58. maybe say, for casters only 3 skill charms are allowed, and for melee 5 are allowed. the thing with skillers is, the more you have, the less life/fhr/frw/res/mana scs youll have. so its sort of a trade off. but i believe if you go past 5 skills, the trade off becomes worth it, so it shouldnt go past 5. i would also have the rule, of 'no vex or higher runes' allowed. that would take care of all the popular high level rune words, and make things alot less overpowered.

rune words that would be left and would probably still be used

passion
kingslayer
delerium
crecent moon
white
melody
lionheart
splendor
stone
sanctuary

i think that is plenty without having to have enigma,cta,hoto,botd etc.

lpb

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. West [NL]
2.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Just outta curiosity  

how would anyone take out a decent smiter with 5 combat charms? once you cross clvl47 where elite shields are available (a rare w/ +2 skills), those guys will be able to do ungodly damage...

In previous MLD, the level is usually restricted to 41 for obvious reasons Smile

LPB

Active:

lpb@west

RIP:

lazbear@west and east
lpb3@west
lazdueler@west
lazmuler@west
ornery# (a - f) @ west
omni

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject:  

Smite's a powerful MLD build but it doesnt beat EVERYTHING. WW, casters, ranged...it just takes more effort, that's all.

Voices does have a good idea...lvl58 gives bowazons a better chance to be viable wth 160/60s...unless you cap run walk. ><
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Just outta curiosity  

lpb wrote:
how would anyone take out a decent smiter with 5 combat charms? once you cross clvl47 where elite shields are available (a rare w/ +2 skills), those guys will be able to do ungodly damage...

In previous MLD, the level is usually restricted to 41 for obvious reasons Smile

LPB

thats where level restrictions per char type comes into play. but in order to do that, you have to set an average boundary, and test the waters. from there you can see who is over powered, and who is under powered, and adjust the rules. how do you think we came up with the current LLD101 rule set?

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject:  

Finally, someone agrees with my level 58 conc barb. lol. But yeah, most 50 and under I can beat with my pally, but the level 55 and up own me everytime. So there's obviously a big difference for barbs. It'd be like setting an LLD conc bart at 21 vs. a level 27 zealot. It's just not fair. The skill charm thing would be nice too. Good suggestion on that. May be hard to enforce, but then again, making sure ANY kind of charms aren't abused is almost impossible unless you know the account personally.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject:  

limit skill gcs because they overpower? how about limiting the number of + pnb skills a necromancer is allowed to have in lld so they won't do 1k bone spirit damage? there should be nothing that is limited, as long as you can acquire it, it's usable. the different level leagues will make up for the gaps created by new runewords that the characters will have access to as their levels go up. i mean, seriously, if you say there's a limit on the number of skill gcs i say there should be a limit to 3/ar/life sc's and 10/76/fhr gc's in lld, because really they have the same effect. and these level limitations just complicate things too, i say just keep it simple and make lld 9-30, mld 31-60, and hld 61-99, and the lines can be bent some because this zero tolerance crap is stupid as hell. i say just leave it up to the individual for these games and for tournaments or "official" duels you can have a rule guideline listed for them specifically, but limitations like this skill gc thing is just too much.
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
i say just leave it up to the individual for these games and for tournaments or "official" duels you can have a rule guideline listed for them specifically.

that won't work at all. you have to have a set of rules from the get-go otherwise the host of the tourney can just rig the rules so that his char will be the strongest allowed. that's like me starting a tourney, planning to enter my lvl 30 sorc and saying, "no necros, no fb sorcs, no smiters, and no hawkmails or death's sashes allowed," i mean, it's just not fair. people mold their chars around the rules, how would you like it if you were to make a character only to find out that you weren't allowed in any tourneys. i don't know about you, but the little number of tourneys that take place make up half the fun of v/lld and i'm assuming that it would be the same for mld.
zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

We're talking about MLD, not LLD. There's a vast difference between the two. Trust me, I've done MLD and LLD. LLD necroes are all about faster run/walk and etc. By level 50, a necro can easily do 2k-3k(built right with godliest equip). Which honestly, is like doing 6k spear at level 90.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject:  

zoe_lldgod wrote:
We're talking about MLD, not LLD. There's a vast difference between the two. Trust me, I've done MLD and LLD. LLD necroes are all about faster run/walk and etc. By level 50, a necro can easily do 2k-3k(built right with godliest equip). Which honestly, is like doing 6k spear at level 90.

at whom was that directed?
Chibi

BNet Acct/Realm: Lou Ky, UsEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
how about limiting the number of + pnb skills a necromancer is allowed to have in lld so they won't do 1k bone spirit damage?

I say we make them all wear tarnhelms and do nothing but cast bone armor during duels.

DiGiTaL]PRO[

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject:  

This is something i would really like to try..

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject:  

It was directed at squirrel bx.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

ah ok.
SatansLLD's

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

sry guys, i've been away fora while, but i think voices has a good pt about no vex +. i mean, it'll stop like hotos and cta's n stuff like that, which make mld more of just a higher case of dueling than it shuld b, however, i think the GC's would still b too hard 2 keep track of, i mean, your always gunna have the lvl 51 fohers, w/ stacked combat charms and all that, and your gunna have the necs that stack on their charms too...i do think this is kinda stupid tho, mld should b about some semi-cheap dueling, not spending like 20 runes worth...come on now...

aside from this, i think there should be diff caps on casters and melee, but since there's really gunna b no tourneys, i doubt any1 will really follow anything cept the runes and the lvl req... Rolling Eyes

but keep this idea of mld, if u guys decide to make a mld101 sorta thingy, i will be #1 to join up Smile
Page 4 of 6 [90 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: