LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 11:36 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Anyone interested in MLD?
Page 1 of 6 [90 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject:  Anyone interested in MLD?  

Basically, subject. Just wanting to know if anyone would like to come up with definite rules for it. I'm beginning to sense that MLDs are going to become popular because it's more middle of the road. I'm hoping to maybe start levels off at 60 and under depending on class. As I said, if you're at all interested, just give me a yell. I'd love to start some tourneys with some non-newb level 50s.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject:  

itd be a fun idea, but i beleive youll find out quite quickly, that you cannot escape the overpoweredness, you might have tried escaping by going to LLD. at level 42, the skill charms come in, not to mention theres alot of runewords you can use at level 50+. also gear may be alot more expensive, than LLD.

however, i implore you to try it. maybe get yourself a committee of people who are interested, and make yourselves a ruleset to all make your MLDs around. it should be fun, and good luck in doing so. if i had currency to committ to such a project, i might have tried it.

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject:  

Well, thats why I said we'd have to come up with some rules. Like caps on skill charms, no runewords that give skills not attributed to your character class, basically, the usual Clan Honor stuff, just for MLDs to even out the field. But to begin with, if we do the melee vs melee and ranged vs ranged, skill charms should really only come into effect with ranged mostly. Only real melees I can think of using a ton of gcs are cs zons and smiters possibly. Other than that, life charms are just too tempting. I'm not quite certain as of yet, but I appreciate the feedback. Well Voices, thign is, we're all going to be a little under par from godliness. I'm not exactly on the best of foundations account wise. Once I'm back up and running again though, I might be able to start donating some decent items if I get extras.
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject:  

Pheonix_pvp wanted to start an MLD league, I said it was too much work when he asked me to help him with it. He said that he WOULD get it done, no matter what.

Then he quit Rolling Eyes

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I'm not going to make any promises. lol. This is just something I'd like to do. I'd love to just playtest with maybe 10 people and develop the rules from there. If it works, I'll learn to make sites and maintain them. If it doesn't work, well, abck to the drawing boards. I may end up dueling pubbies again. Rolling Eyes
cshd

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast SC NonLadder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject:  

Actually in 1.09 there was a dueling clan on useast called mld-east and we had bots , a webpage and stuff. It lasted almost a year I think. We had one melee tournament and a jab zon won. After that it died out because one of the leaders starting getting mad at some of the members and everytime I got online I got a whisper to come help kill and nk some people. It was fun and I still mld with some friends. Lvl 47 smiter.
IDemon-FangI

BNet Acct/Realm: USA EAST
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject:  

yay, ya finally posting this up.

you know i'll duel with ya any day. can even do hell sometimes with me and your paladin... or just stick to nm pending heh.

Paane : (you can do alot w/ windows paint)
zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject:  

Might have to duel you cshd. I'm a zealot, but hey, it'd still be fun. i'm not exactly wanting this to be the biggest thing ever, just want to get a group of people together first who want to mld and test out some theories, maybe come up with some rules. For now, only rules I can think of is maybe 60 and under (since it's merely double the level of LLD) and possibly a limit of skill charms, maybe 3 or 4? I shouldn't get mad at anyone unless they're trying to anger me... lol. Just be GM and everything should be fine.
IDemon-FangI

BNet Acct/Realm: USA EAST
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject:  

cshd, is your chars bamboo on NL east?

bamboo's a good midlvl paladin.

wetfriend also has a nice midlvl paladin, but with paladins, they kinda suck against spamming prison necs and at charging into a pack of druid tornados.

Paane : (you can do alot w/ windows paint)
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject:  

I've only made one MLD char so far, and it's a psn zon on East Ladder who does 50k psn damage with only 7 gcs. As overpowered as that sounds, it can still be easily negated with 95% resist and 75% reduce, not to mention the pubby players who load up on 16 antidote pots. Anyway, I personally think nothing in MLD is too overpowered due to the means by which elemental skills can be nullified. And necros are overpowered period, so it doesn't make much difference.

If you did start a committe or forum or whatever, you can definitely count me in. Smile
zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, we'd definiely have to put some major caps on casters... GCs just make them too powerful around level 42. Sorcs will have higher amounts because they can be resisted. Same with windy druids. But necroes on the other hand...
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

Eh, I don't think it matters how many gcs a necro has if you're melee, you just won't win period. If he has max block and bone armor and he's spamming bone prison and spirits at you, you won't be able to move at all and be unable to attack him period. That pretty much goes vs any caster, really, if you're melee then you won't kill a good one without very high resists with several items of absorb. Anyway, I don't like limits because without them finding ways to overcome them more fun. Its rules definitely shouldn't be as strict as LLD though, and it'll be between the strictness of LLD and the chaos of HLD anyway.

As for gear being more expensive...I laugh at that! All levels of dueling are expensive if you want to make a good character. Ever tried to get an 8-14 damage -15% req level 9 jewel? How much would that cost? how about a +2 pnb 30% fcr 20% frw 2 os 20% all resist circlet? Or even less insane items like 24 or 14 max damage jewels are very expensive. If anything, MLD will be the least expensive since the characters have access to many nice mid level uniques instead of relying purely on insane jewels and charms.

So yes. MLD = not good!
zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject:  

However, with rules not identical but closely related to Clan Honor, spamming prison is BM. But I have to agree, MLD is going to be the least expensive dueling out there currently. I don't know how many times I've been given decent stuff ror an MLD. The Shaft I have on my pally? Yeah, free from some guy who didn't want it anymore. 08 Gaze that I was given in 09. I mean, no one gives away LLD stuff, you could actually get something for it. HLD stuff, well, we already know the prices there. Just my opinion though.
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject:  

Here comes Mr. 1-hit kill charger and his massive maul of doom!

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject:  

That is if he hits. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 6 [90 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: