LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:19 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
How to actually do damage for my gimmick level 18 druid?
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject:  How to actually do damage for my gimmick level 18 druid?  

A couple of weeks ago, there was a pretty much undefeated level 18, a cleansing throwpally smiter owned by rjg,

Now, jokingly, I made a level 18 life replenish druid with some cheap gear I scrapped around, and it managed to beat him. (Actually, it managed to beat pretty much everyone until they throw on the spurs) Now, eventually he changed his strategy to "run around like a pansy replenishing life and throw javelins while doing it to make it look like I'm not just running around to replenish life". Sadly, using this method, neither one of could win, it was just a deadlock. omg lol i hate tat noob

So anyway, him being the sore loser he is, he immediately decided to rebuild his pally to have more points in might, and more into charge, so his damage output would actually catch up with my life replenish. So anyway, just for him, so there will still be one level 18 he can't beat, I'm making a fully 15 lifed druid of some sort (either bear or wolf) with max oak sage, and 69 life replen.
The question is, how should I attempt to output damage? Here's my options I guess.

-Feral Rage with 6os milipick and 2os vbsod or something like that
-Maul with the same
-Bear form just using normal attack also using milipick/maxed shield
-Feral rage or maul with crushflange on one switch and then malice on the other.
-Horadric hand axe with crushing blow gloves, then a malice switch.

Bear form would obviously give the most life, but feral rage would give me a lot more IAS, however I'd lose quite a bit of life since I wouldn't be able to put as much into lyncanthropy and stuff, I guess.

Also, is there a life replenish max? I've heard yes's and no's.

Thanks!
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:  

guess its all about your charms

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:  

I think he said he's planning on 40x15 Life as part of the gimmick.

The problem with CB is that it loses most of its effectiveness about halfway through your opponent's life, as my holy fire pally found out a few months ago. OW is another nice option, but against a well-built Cleanser (and this guy sounds like he knows what he's doing!), I don't think it will be enough to counter the Life Replenish.

Heres wut u do u go to act 3 and u hire a merc i think his name is scorch and you put a tarnhelm on him and a Hel'd sigon shield and a 3 p ammy armor and maybe a rixots keen to look pretty ten u let scorch shoot things. not good SE KK THX

I see your gimmick, and I raise you a Cleanser equipped with 60 life replenish. Seriously, I can make this happen in a week. AND MY GUY WILL SMITE YOU.

FRIANDS?

yarly

Last edited by Roy on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:  

I'm kinda surprised that a bowzon can't beat a pally. These duels sound really boring and stupid though.

If you're fighting someone who simply runs away till life is fully replenished, I'd have no qualms with making a necromancer and recasting bone armor every time he scores a hit.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:  

Actually KC, this was the pally that I designed specifically for the purpose of taking out your throw barb killer. Goky's description is a little hyperbolic -- I would never make a character that just runs and hides to heal life, as that would be VAPID.

My cleansing throwsmiter uses cleansing as his main aura, and constantly mixes a barrage of throws, charges, and smites to hurt any ranged character in different ways. While Goky throws lightning bolts at me, I throw javelins back at him while my life heals. The second he pulls out the bow, I charge him down and win the duel. Even though my life replenishes, I'm constantly attacking, which is what makes dueling the character difficult.

Infinite recast bone necros and crazy life replenish druids give me trouble, since they can replenish life faster than I can damage them through 75% block (because my javelins eventually run out). But, that's why I'm rebuilding the character to have a contingency plan.

yarly
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, it isn't as bad as I made it sound in the original post, I was just giving him a hard time don't listen he's making me say this

Anyway, I think what I'm going to do it use a bear with khalims flail, CB gloves, and swordback. Even though I won't actually be able to kill much it's going to be funny. And I need funny in my life right now.

I could hit 9 fpa that way, which is about 3 per second.

I also realized I can hit about 2900 life with 51 life replen. If I wanted to I could probably easily hit 3500 life with 81 life replenish, but it'd be incapable of actually hurting anything. That'd be funny, too, but probably would get old quick.
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:  

for a level 18 druid, the life they have is impressive, on my level 18 mauler i had 3000 life, but only did 200-550(aprox. cant remember exact) with maul.

for my maul druids weapon i used a khalims flail, and i used blood fist which gave me 8fps attack speed.
(without blood fists its 9fps attack)

i think if you used a 6os miltary attack you wouldnt attack fast enough to kill anything (i think it would be a 15 fps attack) and if you use pskulls in your gear you will do like 100 dmg. if your lucky.

keep in mind that prayer is far superior to replenish life for healing.
10.1 replenish life = 1life per Second

prayer heals you every 2 seconds or 48 frames,
level 1 prayer heals 2 life.
level2-16 it adds +1 life healed
17+ it adds 2 life healed

so your druid would have a have disadvantage in healing

Perfect level 18 healer
18prayer
1cleansing
1smite
7charge
2left over for might or more into smite.
(if you going to team its worthwhile to invest into holybolt.)

Gear:
+3 Prayer 20ias warscepter /w Nef
+1 Defensive Deflecting Spiked Sheild
+1 Defensive 2os 2Pskull circlet
Angelics
cowkings(i've tryed 10rep life boots, you just move to slow with them)
Deaths Belt + glove

Options for armor:
4os 4Pskull Gothic plate, lose runspeed, +5more rep life, lose 15life
3os 3Pskull LightPlate

Switch:
Crush Flang /w Nef
Sword BackHold

Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:  

I assume your 500 damage was with maybe a 4os maxed armor and a 3os maxed helm?

Could you like, kill things?

And I'm not as interested in making a cleansing paladin for various reasons. The idea of a giant bear running around named TankyMcTankrson makes me much happier.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:  

No need to Nef the Crushflange, as it already has Knockback on it.

yarly
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:  

Oh, and comments on the build:

No rep life cap that I'm aware of. How would you attain 51 rep life, anyway?

This build seems paradoxical to your proposed purpose and duels look to be even more dull than the original matchup. A terribly low damage pool + insanely high rep life duel is agonizing even to imagine.

On top of that, do you really expect to beat a charger/thrower with a melee? Yeah, you'll get a ton of life, but unless you spend the bulk of the duel running away from him instead of chasing him, he'll still take you down quickly. Not only does he have two sources of ranged attacks, but his damage output and replenish speeds are superior to yours! Doesn't seem like a very promising matchup, in my opinion, unless you're in the mood to just piss him off by running around with an unkill-able character.

I haven't had any recent experience with your thrower(s), but I'm kind of biased towards the notion that a bowzon, with sufficient FRW, should potentially take out any lvl 18 character other than a recasting/bone walling necro.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:  

Well, this isn't really going to be that serious of a dueler, it's new name is actually BABAMAKEPOTAL.

Which, while we're considering agonizing, I've now incorporated javelins and open wounds into the build.

And about the bowazon, the problem against the cleansing pallies is that I just don't do enough damage to hurt them enough, considering they block most of my arrows. I could remove some mana GC's for damage GC's, but then I'd have a new problem on my hands, in that I'd run out of mana before I killed them.

Either way, it's pretty hard. Lightning doesn't do enough damage to them, and if they get amped, it immediately goes away, because cleansing reduces curse length.
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:  

oh god replenish life duels are annoying i dont know why youre both bothering with them.

belas psy hammer sin and my fissure duked it out for 20-25 mins, with me using a nagelring to negate his damage enough for my replen to overcome it. needless to say, nothing was happening. hed hammer me back and id regen it.

so after that, i decided to concede the duel, slapped on a duskdeep, and went afk in blood moor. he xfered over some max damage jeweled gear and a throw spear to kill me.

so why even bother?
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:  

Well I can't just sit there and watch his life replenish without some sort of fun to be had of my own!
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:  

the winnar of teh deul gets a SoJ wich i got earlier tonight

throwbear vs cleansing throwsmiter GOGO

Life replenish is pretty easy to stack -- 3 pskull helm, 4 pskull armor, 2 +8 manalds, snakecord, and a revivication amulet = 65 Life replenish. And that's without crafting blood boots. Or a 2 os revivification circlet.

Also, with all the effort that go into building LLD's and the bidwars involving massive HR's and so forth... I think it would be HILARIOUS to throw together a level 18 character that no LLD can kill. Especially using cheap, easy to come by gear. Quite the paradox.

However, depending on how this char fares, I may have to make my own dude, a supercleanser to party with the druid to just walk around and chew the fat in the middle of the blood moor. He can cast Holy Bolt as he gets bored to keep his buddy alive. I'm sure the pubs will love it.

yarly

Last edited by Roy on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
I think he said he's planning on 40x15 Life as part of the gimmick.

instead of plain 15lifers why not 15lifers with dmg/ar ?

Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: