LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 10:55 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
|your Opinon| Which Is the Best Character(all around)
Page 2 of 4 [60 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject:  

Your math isn't flawed, but the game doesn't work the same way math does.

+vit, +life/clvl, and +vit/clvl do not get multiplied by any "increase maximum life xx% (jah in armor/helm, bo, oak)
any +life% is additive (jah's +life% gets added to bo's +life%)

To simplify, your calculation should look something like:
(+life + +vit(from stats))*(jah% + bo% +oak%)+ +vit + life/clvl + vit/clvl

Twisted-Prodigy
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
Blizz sorc.

lol my barb takes on any blizz sorc 1on1, i have taken 2-blizz sorc's 2.vs.1 and my barb still takes on!

weren't nubs ethier btw
Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:  

in hld. ive had great success with fire trappers and my fo sorc. both have max block/dr% and can for the most part tank most melee chars for a while.

LLD-Vamp

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:  

Meshin there is SO MANY THINGS wrong with that post I couldn't name them all if I wanted to.

Quote:
While lowering resists by.. 67% (and that 67% is an actual % i belive not like -67)

Resist IS %. If you have 50 fire resist you're 50% fire resistant to fire. Then if someone had -50% fire resist your resist when they hit you with fire would be 0.

It's not like if you had 500% fire resist and they hit you with a -50% fire resist attack that your resist would be dropped to 250, it would be dropped to 450....

Also, shako doesn't add 1 life per level it adds 1.5.

AND if your necro only has -poison resist from LR it wouldn't even be close, a few points in natural resist alone cancels most of it out.

ALSO what the hell kind of a necro is using a barb torch, ALSO a barb torch doesn't actually add to the BO, I tried it.

And under 4k doesn't seem to be 7k. If I saw a necro using the gear you stated I'd laugh.

You've got what, 11 frame cast? AHH

A barb would be at the same speed as you with arachnids.

MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

Vamp before making ignorant remarks and being hostile, as thats what i took it as because you did indeed offended me with the way you type that, you should think more, when doing calculations i only listed items that had stats so you obviously didnt count the fact there would be hoto+darkforce 60%fcr, and with a bit of brain power you may have realised that the necro would have plenty of alternate situation gear just as any good pvp you build, so obviously aracnid would have been in there to for vs non-melee duels.

Not to mention i did all the math in my head(exception of a few percents) and without double checking anything so god forsake me if shako adds more than i listed.

I also ASKED if the barb torch added to bo, i did not say he was using a barb torch.

I know it wasnt going to be 7k life, and i stated that before doing any math at all, thanks for reading , oh wait nevermind you didnt obviously. As i stated i was just throwing a big number out there.

I meant to have a question mark at the end of the question about lower resists, i belive the curse worked different from normal -resist things, crucify me for my mistake please Rolling Eyes

the necro would also have a 5/5 poison facet shako as well as a 5/5 poison facet in his darkforce -.-

I wont post anymore in this thread nor open it again to prevent the mods from having to lock it for a flame war. Thanks for pissing me off congradulations Very Happy

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
LLD-Vamp

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:  

MeshinLLD wrote:
Vamp before making ignorant remarks and being hostile, as thats what i took it as because you did indeed offended me with the way you type that, you should think more, when doing calculations i only listed items that had stats so you obviously didnt count the fact there would be hoto+darkforce 60%fcr, and with a bit of brain power you may have realised that the necro would have plenty of alternate situation gear just as any good pvp you build, so obviously aracnid would have been in there to for vs non-melee duels.

Not to mention i did all the math in my head(exception of a few percents) and without double checking anything so god forsake me if shako adds more than i listed.

I also ASKED if the barb torch added to bo, i did not say he was using a barb torch.

I know it wasnt going to be 7k life, and i stated that before doing any math at all, thanks for reading , oh wait nevermind you didnt obviously. As i stated i was just throwing a big number out there.

I meant to have a question mark at the end of the question about lower resists, i belive the curse worked different from normal -resist things, crucify me for my mistake please Rolling Eyes

the necro would also have a 5/5 poison facet shako as well as a 5/5 poison facet in his darkforce -.-

I wont post anymore in this thread nor open it again to prevent the mods from having to lock it for a flame war. Thanks for pissing me off congradulations Very Happy

Congratulations*

I was correcting you not flaming you.

food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:  

best HLD char to make would be a uber vindicator (smiter/foher) with 10x pcombs with 39+life 10x20/5's and torch/anni whatever you cannot kill with smite you could kill with foh easy, as for hld barbs my zon has only lost to one and she still isnt finished

i have to agrea with heprea a pure defensive characters do own, im working on my level 9 sac/def din now hes at 1040def (exact number) and does 5-855 dmg, but he only has a plain 27 max 15% sup crown and plain 36max sheild, im working on replacing his 10ias 1-62 dmg eth repair flail with a +3defiance 30-60 max dmg warscepter.

LLD-Vamp

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:  

food-ranger wrote:
best HLD char to make would be a uber vindicator (smiter/foher) with 10x pcombs with 39+life 10x20/5's and torch/anni whatever you cannot kill with smite you could kill with foh easy, as for hld barbs my zon has only lost to one and she still isnt finished

i have to agrea with heprea a pure defensive characters do own, im working on my level 9 sac/def din now hes at 1040def (exact number) and does 5-855 dmg, but he only has a plain 27 max 15% sup crown and plain 36max sheild, im working on replacing his 10ias 1-62 dmg eth repair flail with a +3defiance 30-60 max dmg warscepter.

You're dueling bad barbs. A VT is just a smiter with a weaker FoH, it's nothing special and the FoH just becomes used for killing newbs.

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:  

Necs get 2 life/vit not 3/vit, so actually, the calculations there are quite flawed. Just pointing that out because it's rather misleading.

V/Ts are good, but they are far from being the best. Casters in general (wind druids, es sorcs and bone necs) make short work of V/Ts. Well geared and well played barbs can also beat v/ts. Well geared/played wwsins can also do fairly well vs a v/t.

Overall in HLD, a BvC/A has no immediate threats, whereas most other classes do.
Twisted-Prodigy

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:  

thank you for all your tips guys!
GunFighterLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject:  

I have always loved light trappers. With the addition of infinity to the game, they are almost grossly overpowered in any pvm situation. I can do 3 min baal runs in full games solo. Chaos, rush etc.

Only problem you run into pvp is sorb but I have found ways to overcome that, most ppl dont stack fire sorb against a trapper and fireblast is a great spammable skill.

BPs to hit IMO:

102 fcr
86 fhr
10k Light Sentry damage
5-6k fire blast
max your res(pretty easy with fade, but you want them maxed with bos on also and just use fade to stack vrs casters when needed)
4300+ life
900+ mana.

If you want a great build I can show you mine(yeah om on west ladder but you can make an account just to check her out Razz) just pm me.
Twisted-Prodigy

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:  

GunFighterLLD wrote:
I have always loved light trappers. With the addition of infinity to the game, they are almost grossly overpowered in any pvm situation. I can do 3 min baal runs in full games solo. Chaos, rush etc.

Only problem you run into pvp is sorb but I have found ways to overcome that, most ppl dont stack fire sorb against a trapper and fireblast is a great spammable skill.

BPs to hit IMO:

102 fcr
86 fhr
10k Light Sentry damage
5-6k fire blast
max your res(pretty easy with fade, but you want them maxed with bos on also and just use fade to stack vrs casters when needed)
4300+ life
900+ mana.

If you want a great build I can show you mine(yeah om on west ladder but you can make an account just to check her out Razz) just pm me.

thanks, ill think about it..
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject:  

Blizz sorc>Barb at Meph :O

And try tanking 19k Blizzard Smile

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
LLD-Vamp

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
Blizz sorc>Barb at Meph :O

And try tanking 19k Blizzard Smile

Why tank it when dodging one is so much easier?

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:  

Because i'm simultaneously pinning you to the ground and forcing you to tank it.[/i]

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Page 2 of 4 [60 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: