LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 29, 2024 12:22 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
gambling questions.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Tric
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject:  gambling questions.  

first off, i have read the post in the stickied topic and have messed around with the affix calculator, but i still cant find out which level is best to gamble for a lvl 18 circlet. same goes for level 9 blade talons.

and, can someone explain the what the 'input level' is?

<3
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:  

i, too am having difficulty understanding the gambling. i have read the sticky and puzzled over the calc as well. what i am wondering is what clvl to be at to get lvl 30 circlets with 'good' mods. i believe that i understand that i have to be at lvl 24 to have them even show on the screen. i also have no trouble understanding that to gurantee a 30 or less req level i would need to be 26 (the whole +4/-5 thing). but when i atempt to use the affix calc. the mods im lookin for dont appear (+2 to a tree) until i have a clvl of 37... Confused

anyway, i have tried my best to figure this out b4 asking and am still stumped.

-CDM
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject:  

First of all, I'll say that you two are very confused.

tric-isHUGE wrote:
and, can someone explain the what the 'input level' is?

Do you mean 'input ilvl'? First off, every item in the game has an item level (ilvl). The item level determines the affix level (alvl) of the item. For gambling, the item level of the gambled items will be your character level (clvl) +4 all the way to clvl -5. That means that if you gamble with a clvl10, you could get an item with an ilvl of anywhere from 5-14.

crawlingdeadman wrote:
i believe that i understand that i have to be at lvl 24 to have them even show on the screen.

That is incorrect. You have to be level 20 for circlets to spawn on the screen. The level you have to be to see items is based on the quality level (qlvl) of the item. The Arreat Summit explains it quite well.

crawlingdeadman wrote:
i also have no trouble understanding that to gurantee a 30 or less req level i would need to be 26 (the whole +4/-5 thing).

That is also incorrect. Gambling a circlet with a clvl26 would net you a circlet of required level (rlvl) 23 at best (off the top of my head, don't kill me).

crawlingdeadman wrote:
but when i atempt to use the affix calc. the mods im lookin for dont appear (+2 to a tree) until i have a clvl of 37... Confused

+2 tree will have a chance to appear when the alvl is 40. Circlets have a magic level (maglvl) of 3, which means that the +2 tree affixes will have a chance to appear when the ilvl of the circlet is 37. From earlier,
Gheed wrote:
For gambling, the item level of the gambled items will be your character level (clvl) +4 all the way to clvl -5. That means that if you gamble with a clvl10, you could get an item with an ilvl of anywhere from 5-14.

which means that if you gamble with a clvl37, half the time you will not get the chance at the +2 tree affixes. Find a suitable level where the "-5" part will still grant you an ilvl of 37. (Answer to your question)

tric-isHUGE wrote:
i still cant find out which level is best to gamble for a lvl 18 circlet.

First off, check the Arreat Summit for the alvls of the affixes you desire. As with the rlvl30 circlets I went through previously, subtract the maglvl from the alvl, and you'll get the minimum ilvl for those affixes you want, then calculate the clvl that will give you that ilvl every time. (answer, but not what you really want) That IS an interesting number you get, is it not? Check the Arreat Summit's gambling section again to see how items are selected to appear on the gamble screen. Can you see something interesting? (almost at the answer)

tric-isHUGE wrote:
same goes for level 9 blade talons.

Wouldn't you rather imbue ethereal blade talons? (that could be another lesson in using the affix calc) You can use the same logic for the circlets here, but keep in mind that maglvl = 0 in this case. Blade talons are a lot easier than circlets.

Last edited by krajee on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:  

Thanks, that was possibly the most helpful guide to how to use the affix calc for gambling i have read.
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:  

thank you very much for clearing that all up for me. i kinda understood the qlvl thing, i got 24 from the calc when i selected circlet, it had qlvl 24 in the box. i knew i would need a higher lvl char anyway so it didnt bother me for this.

thank you again

-CDM
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: