LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:47 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
MLD trap/kicker sin
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
thegreatduper

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject:  MLD trap/kicker sin  

This is basically going to be a lvl 45 kicker with trap skills too. Hell rushed, 56 skills, 220 stats. Main skills will be vemon, dragon talon, weapon block, mind blast and wake of fire.

Aiming for 42fcr bp (enough for mb?) 86 fhr and ias wont be a problem.

Gear
Claw1: 15ias/good second mod 08 bartucs (see my other thread)
Claw 2: Hel'd .09+ bartucs
Ammy: +20 fcr/18str/5x life/5x mana/ res ammy
Rings: Raven frost + fcr ring. (Sorb gear in stash)
Belt: String/tgods.
Armor: Shaeled Rattlecage
Gloves: Trangs gloves (+25% psn dmg/20fcr)
Boots: Upped Goblin toes
Helm: Shaeled Guillaume's Face.
Inventory: Trap gc's + 10x ar/life sc's.

Skills:
Psychic hammer: 1
Cloak of shadows: 1
Mind blast:1
claw mastery:1
burst of speed:1
weapon block: 5 (lvl 10 with + skills, 55% block)
Dragon talon: 20 ( lvl 25 with + skills, 5 kicks)
Dragon tail:1
Dragon flight: 1
Fire blast: 1
Shock web: 1
Charged bolt sentry: 6
Lightning Sentry: 17 (lvl 31 with + skills)

Ok, this is a unique build so you may be wondering why I didnt put any points into fade or burst of speed or vemon.
Burst of speed: not needed, 50ias greater talons will be enough for kicking.
Fade + vemon: Treachery prebuff. The fade will be a little difficult, but the vemon will be easy to obtain.

Attributes from gear
+ 4 to all skills (not counting soj, read on)
+1 additional to MA, +1 additional to SD
+14 to traps (gc's + gear)
35str
50dex
45%dr
65ias
85% cb
50 fcr (42% fcr bp)
80 fhr (Will get trap fhr to hit 86% bp)
15% DR (Treachery Fade has hidden DR?)

Kick dmg I don't know yet since I havent made this character. Lightning sentry will be about 2-1200dmg, shoot 10 times.

The only problem I see if my build right now is the lack of DR and OW (Unless I didn't notice it). My strategy will be plain much the same thing to all chars. Lay traps, mind blast, then dragon flight and start kicking.
Also, it's a bm pub char so don't be afraid to suggest anything "fun".
DarkMousy

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:  

Get your kicks to slvl 17. You have traps to help you tank, and furthermore with only 3 kicks, you have time between kick sequences to mb again, lay down another trap and kick; you have a much better chance to keep them stunned and be able to kick them continuously. Your build needs it especially since you don't have any points spent into mb, meaning even with the +skills, the duration is going to be crap.

BTW ammy looks awfully familiar.. doing the same thing I did and using fletch huh? Wink

You might be able to get away with a little less CB if you're using guillaumes, so i'd switch out the rattlecage for either a vipermagi or a stealth, that way you can forego the fcr ring for another raven and hit 65 fcr bp.

Pump your trap skills some more... most of your opponents will be melee (42-49 fury droods, wwbarbs, smiters/vts, zealers) all of which can tank you... 1.2k traps doesn't end up being too much. Aim for closer to 2k, the damage will make alot of difference... Kicks should really only be used against caster characters (sorcs, necros, windies). Anything else MLD will more than likely tear you a new asshole. Bowazons now present a problem since you don't have BOS or teleport. You'll be running much slower than any bowazon, and since DF now has crappy range, it's alot harder to catch them. Before, you used to be able to DF them from 2 screens away, namelock mb + trap to death, kick if you wish. I suggest at least 1 point into BOS, as you'll need it to catch zons and also outrun necro bone spirits when decrepped. Put a point into wake of fire as well; it stuns ALOT better than sentry, lay out 1 or 2 WOF to help catch teleporters. Once you have them in wake lock, then you can replace them with sentries to fully lock them down and do some damage. Consider having a spirit + lidless on switch for mindblasting at the 102 bp as well in situations where you won't be kicking.

All in all, looks pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
skulmaster

BNet Acct/Realm: Skulmaster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject:  

I would spend points in Fire traps instead, they require less points to synergize, and stun far better, so it is better suited for a kicker. You will also spend less points..

I would spend 1 point in venom, and prebuff it at stash. Same for Fade.
2x3 (claws), 2x3 (helm + amu), 1x2 (treachery) = lvl 15 Fad/Venom with only one point in it. More if you use sojs.

I would use Duress for armor, ow+Venom is very deadly, and it will only cost a little cb. Adds Fhr and resist to.

I have a lvl 48 Kick/fire trapper running around with 75% block and 65% fcr. She does pretty well. WoF is very funny since people almost can't escape it. Especially not when you start kicking them.. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: there are several kicker topics a bit down.
Mine and Ilkori's, and some others to.
thegreatduper

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

I think I will switch to WOF as a trap, the stun is awesome. I think I will put one point into fade because the % casting is lame. vemon won't be necessary because treach has 25% cast on striking. I would love to use duress but unfortunately it is lvl 47, I'll switch to Vipermagi instead of rattlecage so I can hit the 65% bp.

Thanks for the help guys, anymore suggestions?
skulmaster

BNet Acct/Realm: Skulmaster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:  

thegreatduper wrote:
I think I will switch to WOF as a trap, the stun is awesome. I think I will put one point into fade because the % casting is lame. vemon won't be necessary because treach has 25% cast on striking. I would love to use duress but unfortunately it is lvl 47, I'll switch to Vipermagi instead of rattlecage so I can hit the 65% bp.

Thanks for the help guys, anymore suggestions?

Hmm sorry about that, was about 100% sure Um was lvl 45:)
Have you thought about Crow Caw?

Defense: 477-534 (varies)(Base Defense: 176-190)
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 86
Durability: 36
+150-180% Enhanced Defense (varies)
15% Increased Attack Speed
15% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Open Wounds
+15 Dexterity

OW there you go Wink

42% fcr bp will suffice for a trap/kicker, I used to have only 27% fcr on my kicker. for a pure trapper I'd say 65%, but since you are a hybrid... you can live with 42%
thegreatduper

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:  

Finished her. Had 3 kicks with 400 dmg fire traps and the bps i needed to hit. Went into pub and got raped by nubs. Quitting d2. rofl
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: