LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:39 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
49 lvl kicker
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
zori

BNet Acct/Realm: Finland // Europe L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject:  49 lvl kicker  

could this build work?

2 * +3 shadow discplines claws with 2 soc's with 2 x 5/5 psn
+2 shadow discplines criclet with nice mods 2 x 5/5 psn
belt ~string of ears maybe
rings angelic/amu maybe one dual leech ring
armor Gothic or Ancient with 4 soc and xx% FHR 4 x 5/5 psn
trangs gloves

and ~10 shadow skillers

skillls maxed
Venom/Talon

1 blade shield and pre reqs
1 to fade + pre req's
1 to BoS + pre req's
1 to shadow master or warrior
~20 lvl master prolly couldnt do enough dmg for your opponents so maybe just warrior
dragon flight + pre req's
ect ect

no one has made this type build or seen one?

Last edited by zori on Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject:  

lvl 20 master would be pretty fearsome

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
skygoneblue

BNet Acct/Realm: I hate pwned.nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject:  

What boots were you planning on using? I'm assuming IK, but I guess I can't say for sure.

Where are you planning on dueling with this char? Nightmare? Normal? I would say it is pretty high level to be in normal, but in Nightmare, you would need to use Fade to get your resists up. I am assuming you're doing an anti-caster build going dual claw; otherwise you will want a shield. I would recommend doing something like

Shadow Helm
Angelics
2x Shadow Blade Talons w/ 2x Shael in each (so you will kick 7/3/3/3 with Fade on)
Skin of the Vipermagi w/ Shael
Trang's Gloves
TGods is another option to consider in place of String if you're going to level 49
IK Boots

You could also use IK Boots, Belt, and Gloves to get yourself a nice partial set bonus. The gloves will add a ton of STR and some IAS, which will free up spots in your claws for more Poison Facets.

Is this what you were looking for, or am I way off base?

In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this mother----er down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother----er down!
zori

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject:  

will probably be for normal and nm juts depends where ppl i know are dueling by that time i guess mostly normal

and looking items you suggested i think they go bit to another direction from what im thinking
and what i am thinking is high psn kicker if that one might work

about boots im not sure yet seems that i totally forgot about boots when i was thinking of this making this char
maybe gore riders or ik
now that i think maybe i should go for 100% ow and high psn dmg (yet if it even works) so +3 shadow claw with 2 socks either 2 * 5/5 or 2 * shael
so it would be bit like wwsin though no ww but high psn and high ow
and maybe i should go for some melee too so sanctuary hyperion maybe as shield

what you think could it work with psn and ow or should i aim for speed speed and crushing blow ect?
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject:  

Well, I think you need to pick one main goal and focus on it either way. Gore Riders would be a GREAT choice for boots as you can wear them at level 47. Sanctuary can't be worn until 54, so that is out of the question.

Another thing I think I should mention is the use of Poison Facets. While they seem pretty appealing on the surface, I generally believe that you can get much better use out of your sockets. Just as an example, I'll run some math for you.

Let's say you have 1000 base poison damage from Venom, and you have 1 +5/-5 facet in your gear. Basically, what that is going to do is increase your poison damage to 1050 and negate your opponent's resistance to poison down to 70 from 75.

Now, without the facet, you would deal 1000/6 = 166 x .25 = 41 actual PvP damage with Venom.

With the facet, you would deal 1050/6 = 175 x .25 = 43 actual PvP damage with Venom.

So, a perfect facet in your gear is going to add 2 whole damage to your Venom, and that isn't taking into account your opponent's possibility of having Poison Length Reduction (which is VERY common as Death's Gloves are worn a lot in LLDs).

Also note that 1000 Venom damage is huge. A level 20 is only 425-445 if I remember correctly, so your damage output with a facet would be pitiful compared to my example above.

I propose that you focus on your physical damage coupled with OW, and CB if you can fit it in. Gores provide both OW and CB, so they are a godly good choice for this build. If you plan to duel melee characters at all, you should probably only use your Shadow claws to prebuff Venom, and then use a weapon/shield setup that will provide some more good mods. Off the top of my head, you could put AmnTir "Strength" into a Blade Talons and have a bunch of good CB and 20 STR bonus. Keep in mind that using Blade Talons (your best claw option) will require you to have another 68 IAS on your gear to hit the last kicking breakpoint if you choose Fade over Burst of Speed. I know that some people also use Swordback Hold shield to get a lot of good OW, and it has a decent block rate too.

Is this helping any? Let me know what questions you have and I'll do what I can to help!
Good luck!

In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this mother----er down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother----er down!
zori

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject:  

ah yes so far you have been big help

so it seems that psn + ow wouldnt work propelly on 49 lvl so better to focus on crushing and ow

and sanctuary rune word can be used on lvl 49 i have one somewhere on mules it would be nice shield i think all res / dex / nice block

and prolly best option would then be ~

viper
Guillaume's Face
maybe that strenght rw and 2 * prebuff claws on switch
another claw maybe bartuc for ar and some fhr?
and strenght blade talons + sanctuary hyperion against melee
though ofc i could drop other claw and Fade since sanc has 50-70
mine was ~6x if i remember correctly
gloves crafted blood gloves with crushing and string of ears or death's belt for cbf though it could be recieved from raven as well

skills i need to check a bit what to take now
and maybe shaft as optional armor against melee for 50% dmg reduced with string + shaft + bit fade i think

and matrial skillers are probably more useful in build then?
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject:  

Well, don't say that Poison wouldn't work properly; I just don't think it would be a very reliable source of main damage without things like Death's Web and a ton of +2 skills gear.
Every Sanctuary that I have ever seen was a level 54 required, but if you have one that you can use at 49, go for it! Smile

I totally forgot about Bartucs! That's a good idea! Bartuc's is also a faster claw than Blade Talons (it's -30, not -20), so you will need less IAS to hit the last kicking breakpoint.
So, I could easily see you going with

Guilaume's Face
Angelics
Bartuc's w/ Shael
Shaftstop or VMagi (melee or casters)
Sanctuary or Shadow Greater Talon/Blade Talon (melee or casters)
Death's Combo
Gores

That is just one option, but you have a lot of options. Kickers are very versatile builds, so as long as you get a good mix of all the necessities (CB, OW, Venom, Str, kick damage), I think you'll be fine.

One thing to mention though: don't get too many +Martial Art skills. Dragon Talon, unlike Zeal and Fury, continues to add hits as the levels increase. Once you start getting 5-6, or even 7 kicks, you kick for way too long, and you are basically a wide-open target until you finish kicking midair. I think it is best to stay at 5 kicks (level 29). So, you can use Martial Arts GCs, but I think you would be better off using Shadow GCs and letting your gear get yoru Dragon Talon to 29. Shadow GCs add to your Venom, Shadow Master, Mind Blast, and Weapon Block, where Martial Arts GCs only add to your kick.

Let me know what you decide! I am eager to hear more about your build!

zori

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject:  

i think i try this build as starter

Guilaume's Face
Angelics
Bartuc's w/ Shael
Shaftstop or VMagi (melee or casters)
Sanctuary or Shadow Greater Talon/Blade Talon (melee or casters)
Death's Combo
Gores
2 x prebuff claws on switch

10 shadow skillers to boost venom/shadow master/claw block/blade shield
and rest of room life/ar/fhr sc's

bit trading and i have stuff needed to start this build Smile

if i remember right high leech % helps a bit with kickers? (i think it helps on any class that uses melee) but should i try to get some?
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject:  

Leech does nothing in PvP. You might as well just forget about it. Smile

Death-Strider

BNet Acct/Realm: Death)strider Fury)strider
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject:  

Kickers and ww sins have same principles, The best offensive armor IMO would be a duress, which is avaiable on lv 49.

Also if this is to be a mostly caster killer bulid, I would go claw block over a resist shield. I would not use death combo either, I would go rf-angelics and try to craft a 20 ias cb glove, but seeing how that is not easy, You could use some magnus skin, for ias ar and resist.
And as for your charms, I would go more lifer sc's than skill gc's.

my 2 cents Smile

Apparently "fuh" is short for "fuhking studmonkey". I think I'll borrow his pics, and create an account on one of those online dating websites. With his smouldering good looks and my winning charm and personality, no woman alive will be able to resist me... err.. us.

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject:  

Now, without the facet, you would deal 1000/6 = 166 x .25 = 41 actual PvP damage with Venom.

why are you dividing by 6?

And sanc is ko ko mal... mal is lvl 49 yet the lvl req is 54? im not sure, i've never had a sanc, but wouldn't the lvl req be 49?

i'll come up with suggestions in a little while, busy right now

Death-Strider

BNet Acct/Realm: Death)strider Fury)strider
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

Divide by six b/c all pvp dmg is reduced by six. But you would add the psn to his dmg then divide which should be the same over all, but I'm not sure

Apparently "fuh" is short for "fuhking studmonkey". I think I'll borrow his pics, and create an account on one of those online dating websites. With his smouldering good looks and my winning charm and personality, no woman alive will be able to resist me... err.. us.

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject:  

Hellfireclanx wrote:

why are you dividing by 6?

And sanc is ko ko mal... mal is lvl 49 yet the lvl req is 54? im not sure, i've never had a sanc, but wouldn't the lvl req be 49?

i'll come up with suggestions in a little while, busy right now

Depends on the shield you're using.

If it's an elite shield, check the level requirement of the shield itself.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject:  

yea thats what I thought

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject:  

skygoneblue wrote:
Leech does nothing in PvP. You might as well just forget about it. Smile
Only decent leeching i saw in use was when i lent a friends lvl 29 kicksin a pubby wielding lifetap dagger. but yeah, that may be only really viable in public games..
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: