LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 11:39 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Uniq Charger or V/T Build Help
Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject:  Uniq Charger or V/T Build Help  

OK... I'd like to make an "old skool" charger or v/t. I'm leaning to v/t just for versatility sakes. I'd like to use UNIQUE ITEMS ONLY! just to be different. It's gonna be hard but runewords are just so............ common! It would seem fun to win with none on me (not sure about cta tho... I might make an exception rofl).

I haven't been around long enough to know builds back when uniqs were dominant and very few runewords existed. I came into Diablo during the BOTD craze. Back when Burizas were horrible bows and ppl actually bought Hellracks. Runeword bows sorta eff'd up every single uniq bow around with the exception of two I know of... windforce and widomaker. Anyway... I'm re-living the past sorry!

I'm thinking of Astreons as a wep of choice since it is plus skills AND horrible dmg/ar bonuses etc. However, schaefers looks pretty cool with the fools mod and ctc static (always a nice touch to take someone's life down 25% in one hit). Another thing I like about Astreons is the "slows enemy mod". I like slowing ppl and this is HLD so who gives a F&%K!!! Shield I'm guessing has to be Hoz for obvious reasons. One ring is raven for sure and boots I always liked gores. Rest has me stumped. I was thinking metalgrid for ammy or highlords however I think high ar metalgrid is prolly the best. Armor I'm thinking GA but not sure about others and what they bring to the table. Gloves could be rends I guess or something crafted. Worst case... bfists or frosties for the mana. Belt arach for mana + skill + slow? Tgods for all the great stats etc? nos for stats + slow? String for dr? dungo for dr + life? Too many choices and I have no idea. Helm I'm thinking coa is probably the best for the stats, skills, sockets, etc. Or possibly Giant Skull?

anyway, I searched around and couldn't find any build ideas for what I'm trying to do... they all used runewords.

Anyone have experience? If not there is one way for me to figure it out and that is spend time making/re-making one Sad

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

dungo belt and coa for nice dr. leviathan should top up your dr and you will only need a bit more dr for the 50% cap. or use tyreal's might for armor. your second ring should probably be a bk ring, and highlord imo if you're doing the v/t thing. for gloves, dracs are nice. and ofc up'd hoz is your only real choice

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
dungo belt and coa for nice dr. leviathan should top up your dr and you will only need a bit more dr for the 50% cap. or use tyreal's might for armor. your second ring should probably be a bk ring, and highlord imo if you're doing the v/t thing. for gloves, dracs are nice. and ofc up'd hoz is your only real choice
life tap vs. crushing blow and you choose tap??? is tap that good in duels? also, ctc tap is pretty low seeing as how charge doesn't hit as often. smite swings so often that amp always casts it seems.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject:  

in smiter vs smiter and zealer vs zealer its 1st to tap wins.

at least usualy.

ive heard the term v/t thrown a round a bit, but what exactly is it.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:

Basically, a charger with some hammer dmg as well. Charge is main skill which is used in hammer duels anyway to desynch... then secondary kill is from spamming hammers vs. any melee's.

basic build is pure charge with casting gear on switch or cta on switch whichever your preference is. Runewords is the way to go and makes this build super godly... but I wanna be different.

I know the t in v/t stands for templar... not sure what v is lolz. I wonder who makes up these names?

Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject:  

I thought v/t stood for vindicator/templar, which is a foh/smiter...

mike_roch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Mimes wrote:

Basically, a charger with some hammer dmg as well. Charge is main skill which is used in hammer duels anyway to desynch... then secondary kill is from spamming hammers vs. any melee's.

basic build is pure charge with casting gear on switch or cta on switch whichever your preference is. Runewords is the way to go and makes this build super godly... but I wanna be different.

I know the t in v/t stands for templar... not sure what v is lolz. I wonder who makes up these names?

Thats really far off lol. A hammer/charger is a libby (liberator). A V/T Or a T/V Is as follows Templer = Foh Vindicator = Smite.

A mage is a hammerdin who uses foh.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject:  

dracs have open wounds and str as well, the ctc tap is just gravy. but sounds like you were thinking of a different type of char anyway? my layout is for a pretty good unique smiter Razz

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject:  

there seems to be more confusion about v/t or libby then i thought there would be. this is what confused me tho. i was pretty sure v/t was smiter with something else, so when u were talking about charge and stuff i got confused.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
there seems to be more confusion about v/t or libby then i thought there would be. this is what confused me tho. i was pretty sure v/t was smiter with something else, so when u were talking about charge and stuff i got confused.
k so i fukd up on the names... sorry. I don't really understand where they came from so anyway.

I want to make a liberator then. Smiters suck.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject:  

Not to be a downer... but this build is a waste. You are focusing wayyyy to much on the charge, you don't even have fcr plotted out.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:  

not to many "useful" uniques with fcr, only magefists come to mind. at least for a charge/hammer hybrid. i dont think a double-up'd shard would do too much damage

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Mimes wrote:
k so i fukd up on the names... sorry. I don't really understand where they came from so anyway.

I want to make a liberator then. Smiters suck.

it wasnt a personal attack or nething...im just glad to see people other then me dont know what these crazy abbreviations mean.
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject:  

This is a rough sketch of a future masterpiece. The TacoBelladin?

Helm: Ber'd Griffon's Eye
Amulet: Mara's
Weapon: Wizardspike
Shield: Ber'd HoZ
Weapon Switch: Upped Spellsteel
Armor: Ber'd Vipermagi
Gloves: Magefist
Belt: Verdungo
Boots: Eth Sandstorm Trek
Rings: 2*SoJ

Gives: 39% DR with shield out, 125% fcr with main weapon, 75% fcr teleport on switch, roughly 300 max dmg weapon for charge on switch, max resist in hell, +8 skills

Feel free to correct any mistakes or make changes.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:  

i clearly went braindead when i said there were no useful uniques with fcr. vmagi, griffon, and wizspike all slipped my mind

Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: