LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:01 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Evolution Theory
Page 1 of 5 [73 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next

Do you believe in Evolution?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 31 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 38

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:  Evolution Theory
Subject description: Discussion

Do you believe in Evolution?

I don't, I look at it in a semi-logical way. If humans really did evolve from guerrilas, then wouldnt there be a bunch of half man/half monkeys? I've never seen one. And if we did, wouldnt there be no more guerrilas since they all evolved?

No flames please; including, your an idiot if you say blah blah blah.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject:  

Go watch the 13th warrior movie.

When we evolved into the next phase of our evolution, we competed with ourselves so the non-evolved forms didn't survive.

We didn't evolve straight from the monkeys that we have today anyways.

Also the ones that didn't evolve and survived... they can be seen in the zoos.
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
If humans really did evolve from gorrilas (fixed your spelling), then wouldnt there be a bunch of half man/half monkeys?

No, because they evolved. Evolution takes place when there is selective pressure that allows members of species to live long enough to reproduce, while other members of the species do not.

For example, cheetas evolved to be fast. The cheetas that were slower died because they could not catch prey and starved to death. Many of these cheetas died before they reproduced, and therefore did not pass along their slow genes. The cheetas that were fast lived long enough to reproduce and pass on their fast genes. Of course it's not always the case that the fast cheeta lives and the slow one died, but the fast one defnately lives more often than the slow one. After millions of years of this trend, the slow cheetas are gone, and only the fast ones live.

I answered your question, now do you have any other arguments against evolution?
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject:  

There were different kinds of humans, like Cro-magnon, Neanderthals, I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject:  

one form of pre-human couldnt communicate effectively with each other, while another could. guess which group survived.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject:  

Darwins Theory of Evolution ftw (Altho he wasn't the first to actually put the theory down on paper anyway, some scotish guy did iirc) But modern Humans are kinda cheating with medicines.

Would it be that people don't believe in it because it couldn't of happened or is it something else. Because humans caused the 'unnatural evolution' of chiwawa's because I doubt they would live very well in the wild as an example.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject:  

its hard to dispute fossil records too

TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Quote:
If humans really did evolve from gorrilas (fixed your spelling), then wouldnt there be a bunch of half man/half monkeys?

No, because they evolved. Evolution takes place when there is selective pressure that allows members of species to live long enough to reproduce, while other members of the species do not.

For example, cheetas evolved to be fast. The cheetas that were slower died because they could not catch prey and starved to death. Many of these cheetas died before they reproduced, and therefore did not pass along their slow genes. The cheetas that were fast lived long enough to reproduce and pass on their fast genes. Of course it's not always the case that the fast cheeta lives and the slow one died, but the fast one defnately lives more often than the slow one. After millions of years of this trend, the slow cheetas are gone, and only the fast ones live.

I answered your question, now do you have any other arguments against evolution?

How does that apply to humans and gorillas when both of the species are able to survive? If humans=the fast cheetah and gorillas=the slow cheetah, how come the metaphorical "slow cheetahs" are able to thrive still? Mind you, I'm choosing to ignore human activity such as poaching or deforestation that many primates are victims of.

P.S. Just in case you haven't figured it out already, cheetah has an 'h' in it.
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject:  

its hard to dispute evolution in general, but the part of the debate is where creationism stops and evolution begins. you can still believe in both creationism and evolution.

you also have to remember that evolution takes millions of years and doesnt just pop out of no where. you wont see two chimps magically have a homo sapien baby.

diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

TacoBell wrote:
breakbeatz2 wrote:

cheetas evolved to be fast. The cheetas that were slower died because they could not catch prey and starved to death. Many of these cheetas died before they reproduced, and therefore did not pass along their slow genes. The cheetas that were fast lived long enough to reproduce and pass on their fast genes. Of course it's not always the case that the fast cheeta lives and the slow one died, but the fast one defnately lives more often than the slow one. After millions of years of this trend, the slow cheetas are gone, and only the fast ones live.

How does that apply to humans and gorillas when both of the species are able to survive? If humans=the fast cheetah and gorillas=the slow cheetah, how come the metaphorical "slow cheetahs" are able to thrive still?

He's not referring to the gorillas as the "slow" humans he's talking about a less evolved human like a caveman-ish half-man half-gorilla figure that imp was talking about when he asked

Imp wrote:
If humans really did evolve from guerrilas, then wouldnt there be a bunch of half man/half monkeys?

dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject:  

How did the monkeys get there?
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject:  

Gorillas are in the process of *un-survivng*.. Also gorilla's were in a a place where thier evolutionary traits allowed them to survive without the instant need to evolve into quasi-humans.
Last edited by Hades on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject:  

dragonfire_god wrote:
How did the monkeys get there?

take first year biology in university, it teaches you theories of how life may have started (at least they taught me, and dont ask me to explain, i've long sinced pushed that info out of my head)

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject:  

dsm-hades wrote:
Also gorilla's were in a a place where thier evolutionary traits allowed them to survive without the instant need to evolve.

That's pretty much exactly how evolution works. Adaptive pressure forces evolution to accomodate new environments. Modern gorillas didn't need to evolve past where they are because their environment didn't require it. Likewise, giraffes only grew long necks in response to millenia of needing to feed from higher tree branches to compete effectively against other savannah herbivores.

Humans, however, came a long way. We were apes that lived in an environment that changed rapidly. We moved from trees to plains, and the new environment required many new changes to survive (upright movement, larger brains to process the need for more effective communication). Once there, our basically weak nature required constant adaptation to prevent falling prey to larger more aggressive predators. We became omnivores. We developed tools. We formed more organized societies. Other animals simply did not need to do all this. The reason we don't see the evolutionary half-steps (apemen, for example), is because that form was not efficient, and it has already died off. They did exist, though. Consider the austrolopithicines. They were a good example of the "ape men" you're thinking of. More info here.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
He's not referring to the gorillas as the "slow" humans he's talking about a less evolved human like a caveman-ish half-man half-gorilla figure that imp was talking about when he asked

The half and half one would then be a medium speed cheetah now wouldn't it? I'm not saying breakbeatz's explanation is wrong, I'm saying his example isn't completely applicable to what Imp was talking about.

Also, gorillas are "un-surviving" because of human activities, not because they aren't suitable for their natural habitat.
Page 1 of 5 [73 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: