LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:55 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Why I haven't made any LLDs on the new Ladder, anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject:  Why I haven't made any LLDs on the new Ladder, anyone else?  

I haven't gotten into LLDing on the new ladder yet for lack of a high level enforcer. In season one, my end all be all enforcer was Sorrows for those that know me and anytime something came in that my LLDs couldn't handle due to level difference (60+) I always knew I could bring in Sorrows and beat the threat and anything they could muster in 99% of the cases.

I'm curious though, after seeing a conversation (if you can call it that) between a certain exclusively HLDer and Spazz who is exclusively LLDm does anyone else feel the need to never have to back down? To never have to stand in town saying get an LLD instead of getting a high level and pressing the face of the enemy into the ground until they cry?

I tried some casual LLDing with my cower javazon when she was 30 and sure enough in about 30 seconds a level 70 bowzon shows up, windforce and all the usual stuff. I couldn't take it with my MF hammerdin (I really wish I had made it a liberator now) or my MF sorc and after that loss I couldn't bring myself to LLD anymore until I had a hld backup. I've been rushing myself for forge runes using 2 D2s so far, hoping to eventually make my way to Enigma and a second Sorrows.

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject:  

yeah, i made a llder too and the only relief for him was to make level restricted games, so that's why i made my first mlder and so far she's been able to take out 99% of the high level duelers who've been assholes, and that's what i've been doing really other than mfing. mld is better early in ladder IMO, anyway.
Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject:  

I'm content to just cap games and leave public ones once they get out of my range. There's no real reason to have an "enforcer". The game name will almost always say something akin to "Low level dueling". If people join the game with the intent of doing something else, and you bring your "enforcer" it really doesnt do anything at all. You've let them shift the game from a LLD game to a high lvl game.

Even the prescence of an "Enforcer" tends to lead to higher level characters joining. People will see a game with 3-4 lvl 27-30's and one level 85, and will have no hesitation about joining up with thier 70+ characters.

I had at one point started to make an enforcer, but I realised there is absolutely no reason for one. I have no problems leaving the game if there is a character I simply cannot beat, or do not have any chance to beat. There are plenty of other people to duel, and plenty of people who are within the range of a level cap.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject:  

carefull.. one time i made one... then she turned into a goal to be the best and just about forgot lld. like 7 months ago... turned out she did become the best... now she's peiced off becuae i needed currnecy to buy vlld stuff. but that stuff can make u get into hld if u concentrate on it too much, if someone bugs me too much then i just get my 09 trapsin and own em... and tell em that they owned by year old char with all 09 crap and no skillers...

or i'll just leave game. there not worth changing accounts for most of time.
Jim

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject:  

i never really had much trouble with that whole deal until last night...because i usually use my hammerdin for any kind of high level whether it be a caster or a melee, my hammerdin can hammer melee chars and he had an eth botd zerk on him for ranged chars, with maxed stacked resists and 1.5k life he didn't have much trouble killing anything except for stupid blizzard decided to delete everything that had a duped rune in it and since i traded for the zod that i put in my botd it got deleted...i am sad....
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject:  

blizz = the real diablo
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject:  

Yeah... when they didn't rollback after all that NL stuff made it onto ladder, that pissed me off. I'd imagine a ton of duped runes made it over here as well which means I can't safely trade for runes/runewords.
Jim

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

i have a great idea, i will trade for 3000 el runes, then transmute them into zods, vexs, etc.
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject:  

methinks it will take a little more than 3000 Els to make a Zod or even an Ist.
Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

I think ~14 Trillion El runes makes a zod. Not sure exactly of the number, but those crazy coots at RPGforums did the math for it. Anyways, you're more likely to find a Zod rune than you are to find 14 trillion El runes.
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject:  

i havent made a ladder lld because i find it harder to get good lld gear than good high lvl gear

starting a good llder is hard when all you have are a sword two scrolls and 4 potions
i just have the time and persistence i did for ladder season one
also all you guys are on nl so why make ladder and get bored by myself
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: