LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 16, 2024 9:33 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 18 Kicker guide
Page 2 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject:  

dont, i didnt and i use a 100+ ar/30+ life circ with 2 soc and pruby or p saph whichever u need
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject:  

crawlingdeadman wrote:
sorry to bump such an old post but since you say that it's rarely helpful to charge w/ ts why place a point in it?

when I am out of mana I always switch to ts even tho I'm swinging a mace and sometimes it gives me a dmg/ar boost as I'm swinging. In fact ts was how I killed Krajee's old smiter almost every time cuz my kicks ran outta mana pretty fast and smite down the line gives ZERO dtm.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
crawlingdeadman wrote:
sorry to bump such an old post but since you say that it's rarely helpful to charge w/ ts why place a point in it?

when I am out of mana I always switch to ts even tho I'm swinging a mace and sometimes it gives me a dmg/ar boost as I'm swinging. In fact ts was how I killed Krajee's old smiter almost every time cuz my kicks ran outta mana pretty fast and smite down the line gives ZERO dtm.

hmm, well in that case i'll try it. i finished her last night and cant really see a place to put it anyway. i would love to have wake of fire but i didnt really want to rush past norm with her. i screwed up her stats anyway, so i'll try it out and remake her when i get more of her stuff socketed.
is there any way that wof could be put in a norm rush build? perhaps with sig shield, tarn or a MA circlet and one less into dtalon?

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject:  

crawlingdeadman wrote:
wfg-dude wrote:
crawlingdeadman wrote:

hmm, well in that case i'll try it. i finished her last night and cant really see a place to put it anyway. i would love to have wake of fire but i didnt really want to rush past norm with her. i screwed up her stats anyway, so i'll try it out and remake her when i get more of her stuff socketed.
is there any way that wof could be put in a norm rush build? perhaps with sig shield, tarn or a MA circlet and one less into dtalon?

yes...but kicks eat your mana so you won't have much left for your wof if you need to recast. Besides, in melee duels I'm not sure you can use traps along with melee skills unless you fight open. At low lvls I'm not sure how long wof lasts but the "stun" effect might not be worth it. Try it and see...then let us know. You can always rebuild. My kicker is norm rush only but if they change the rules I'd hell rush np.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:  

okay after some experimenting i think i've got this character down, but i wanted to make sure that i have thought of everything.

1) is there no way to consistantly beat a hell rushed 18 zealot?

i've switched around some gear; since i accidently put too much dex in i've tried pelta luna and the extra fbr really seems to help. when i fight a zealot i switch to pelta, 3 ruby crown, and sig belt (away from sig helm, 24 fhr belt/deaths, and swordback). i also tried using the 24fhr belt and 3ruby crown but i REALLY noticed the loss of the 100 def. with all of this i seem to get smashed by a hell rushed zealot. i have beaten a decently equipped norm rushed zealot but even moderatly well equpped 18's beat me E Z.

i think i need to hit a faster hit recovery bp vs them AND still have 3 pieces of sig, but i havent had the chance to try 4x8% fhr larges. even if i do i dont think that i'd be able to win consistantly.

btw with the ruby crown and swapping out a life/mana gc with life scs i am at around 980 life.

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:  

crawlingdeadman wrote:
1) is there no way to consistantly beat a hell rushed 18 zealot?
There are two options that I can think of that could possibly stand a better chance against hell rushed zealots than the current build:
4socket gothic plate with rubies
500+def ancient

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:  

There is no real way to consistantly beat good lvl 18 zealots. It can be done, but its still unlikely to get you the win everytime.

This next bit is pure theory plus a bit of experience of my lvl18 pk elemental kicker [frw gear with ele dmg charms].

First tactic: Kick and run; kick them for open wounds and RUN! You should run faster than them and avoid some hits because of it. Watch out for palas who have skilled charge.

tactic rating: not very good; when you run away your block is lowered letting the pala get some hits in. on the other hand if you walk away the pala gets more time to get hits in. Also quite lame.

Second tactic: Wear them down first; Either skill blade fury or equip some javs and a shield on switch and run around firing at them for a while untill thier life is at a point where you can tank them with a good chance of winning.

tactic rating: tiresome, lame and no longer really a kicker. But works.

Im sorry, the bottom line is that a lvl 18 zealer is better than a lvl18 kicker.

The gear options Gheed pointed out might be better vs a zealer but an extra 500 or so def ancient isnt going to bother a 2k+ ar zealot too much. And you sacrafice speed and stats to get it.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

zealer > kicker > conc barb > zealer. its a vicious cycle.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:  

i guess i didnt mean consistantly beat what i meant was consistantly have a shot. as is it's pretty lopsided i just want to screw around a little and try a few things.

with the 100 def added by 3 pieces of sig making an actual difference in a duel i was thinking of trying a high def route but at this point id need a remake....hmm ohwell only normal rush. it's a shame that there isnt a synergy to kicks like there is to zeal. hell rushing doesnt really offer more damage to a kicker like it does to a zealot.

incidently i feel that this is a build that you cant possible 'waste' stats with, since more stats add damge. i know to a certain extent they are wasted but a few here or there isnt a big deal. i'll try some gear switches and report back my progress, ty for the advice i've been playing the hell out of this one and have it as my first dueler on west now.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:  

the main reason why zeal > kicks is because zeal is uninterruptable, while kicks are not. so zeal constantly interrupts the kicker, while nothing stops a zeal. if zeal was interruptable or kicks werent it would be more even

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

kicks are uninterruptable.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:  

no they're not. anything interrupts them, including the dmg pulse from auras. thats why dueling holy freeze pallys sucks extra with kickers.

Educated
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: West, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:  

Gheed wrote:
kicks are uninterruptable.

TRUE!

FUDGEsicle wrote:
not neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd pie

crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject:  

well i got in some good duels with ras on his 21 jabber and a couple of zealots. i think that ditching the sig helm was a big mistake. even though kicks have a lot of ar i was just getting killed when i'd switch to 3ruby crown. so i think what i'm going to do is keep the sig pieces and try out the armor suggestions gheed made. i'm hesitant to loose the speed in particular from twitch but i'll try anything once.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:  

crawlingdeadman wrote:
well i got in some good duels with ras on his 21 jabber and a couple of zealots. i think that ditching the sig helm was a big mistake. even though kicks have a lot of ar i was just getting killed when i'd switch to 3ruby crown. so i think what i'm going to do is keep the sig pieces and try out the armor suggestions gheed made. i'm hesitant to loose the speed in particular from twitch but i'll try anything once.

With 30ias on a [0] weapon, you would need slvl6 bos to get 7frame initial kicks. If you have 2 points into bos, you could always do a full prebuff.

Page 2 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: