LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 18 Kicker guide
Page 1 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject:  Lvl 18 Kicker guide  

OK, there have been a few posts about lvl 18 kickers recently and I think its time for a guide:

Disclaimer: At the time writing this I have never made a lvl 18 kicker, I have thought about it a lot and intended to make 1, but never had the time/effort/charms.

Gear: All the gear needed is very cheap, there are no alternatives and IMHO this is the best variant.

Helm: Sigons with a P ruby [actually the only equipment clash is what helm to use; sigs gives 100 def, 30 mana, 38 life and 144 ar. If you feel you don?t need the def, ar or mana, you could use a 3 sock crown with p rubies/sapphires/jewels as your needs go]
Jewellery: Angelics
Weapon: Crushflange [socket with stats/dtm jewel]
Shield: Swordback [socket with stats/dtm jewel]
Armor: Twitchthroe [socket with p ruby]
Boots: Sigons
Gloves: Sigons
Belt: Deaths

+1 shadow skills weapon on switch [you may need to put a -15% reqs jewel or Hel rune in it to be able to use it without adding more STR.

Note on %ED jewels: Having tested them is sp I find that they just don?t do enough damage to make them more useful than rubies [I think the damage added was about 4 max?].

Charms: 15life small charms with enough FHR charms to hit either the 15% or 27% bp [7 frames and 6 frames]. To get to 5 frame hit recovery, the same as a lvl 18 zealers attack speed you will need 4 FHR gc?s not a problem if you have some with life on them too, but if not it may mean sacrificing too much life to get.
If you use all 15 lifers you will have over 1.1k life excluding the jade figure quest. So if you feel you need more mana then a few mana gc?s wouldn?t hurt I think.

Skills: This char does not need a hellrush and can get by fine with just doing norm. However, if you want a little extra I would recommend doing nm too.

Dtalon: 18 [your main attack, lvl 18 gets you 4 kicks]
Claw mastery: 1
BoS: 1
Tigerstrike: 1

That is for a norm rushed assa only. For a nm/hell rushed 1 put points into WoF, Shadow warrior and the prereqs with any spare going into tiger strike.

Stats: Sigh? if I must?
Strength: enough for gear
Dex: enough for max block
Vit: the rest
Energy: none

Tactics:
Vs melee ALLWAYS walk.

Having duelled a lot with lvl 9 and 31 kickers I think that there are rarely times when charging up ts is a good idea. The added damage isn?t that good and it takes time away from kicking. Not to mention you will need more STR because when you switch weps you lose the 15 STR from crushflange that was allowing you to equip your gear. The purpose of this char is to kill using mainly ow and cb so a bit more dmg is nice if you can get the charges in, but not necessary.

However if you want to be sneaky and can pull it off, then you could charge up from the monsters in the moor them release onto the other player.

Vs casters:
Run at them while dodging missiles and kick.

That?s my first ever guide. Any suggestions would be helpful.
prophet_of_doom

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject:  

1. If you have some kind of editor for sp try 2sox deadly circlet of the tiger(or of the sun) [30%ed/30 life(5% ar)] socketed with 2x 20%ed/6dex jewels and check out the damge/ar. Could be an option for headgear too.
2. Having75% cold res AND nice ar, half freeze duration, adds rare ring, wear it instead of 1 angelic. Then you can replace deaths belt with sigon belt and wear life or %ed mask.
3. Never made a low kicker, so I might be wrong with the suggestions Razz
Greetings from my lvl 15 smiter Wink
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah i use hero editor to test my chars in sp.

I dont think the circ would be that great, the ar bonus is better on sigs, you lose mana [which you need] and the ed from the circ would ammount to maybe 5 more pvp dmg if that.

The ring idea is good. The sp test i made had nearly 5k ar so i dont see that losing 1 angelic ring is going to damage the build that much.

To replace the belt a nice 24% fhr+ other mods rare might be good too and save you inv space that was previously taken up with fhr charms.

Or another, possibly even better, idea is to use the half freeze duration ring with sigs belt and take the BoS lvl up a bit to be able to use bloodfists [you need lvl 5 BoS to achive 7 frame kick with bfists]
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

Kicks ALWAYS need mana. leaving mana alone is not a good idea.
on my vlld kicker i have 95 mana and 54 dtm. and that barely cuts it.
Educated

BNet Acct/Realm: West, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject:  

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14044

there's my kicker setup w/ alot of variations btw 3so p rubyed crown is better than sigs imo more ar is nothing the more life is very hand so Smile

FUDGEsicle wrote:
not neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd pie

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject:  

I read your build, seems to be the same as mine [but you got there first...]

I like sigs helm because its a nice package of mods. However i can see that the ar wont really be needed, the extra def from the partial set bonuses doesnt do much and you could make a better helm with a 3 sock crown with rubies/saphs/a mix of the 2.
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject:  

IMO if its a lower lvl kicker i'd always say sig trio it. just right for them pups.
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject:  

how much damage does 10str add?
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject:  

10 str adds 10 max dmg, not enough to make it worth sacrificing 38 life for imo.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Lvl 18 Kicker guide  

ubermoose wrote:
OK, there have been a few posts about lvl 18 kickers recently and I think its time for a guide:

Disclaimer: At the time writing this I have never made a lvl 18 kicker, I have thought about it a lot and intended to make 1, but never had the time/effort/charms.

Gear: All the gear needed is very cheap, there are no alternatives and IMHO this is the best variant.

Helm: Sigons with a P ruby [actually the only equipment clash is what helm to use; sigs gives 100 def, 30 mana, 38 life and 144 ar. If you feel you don?t need the def, ar or mana, you could use a 3 sock crown with p rubies/sapphires/jewels as your needs go]
Jewellery: Angelics
Weapon: Crushflange [socket with stats/dtm jewel]
Shield: Swordback [socket with stats/dtm jewel]
Armor: Twitchthroe [socket with p ruby]
Boots: Sigons
Gloves: Sigons
Belt: Deaths

+1 shadow skills weapon on switch [you may need to put a -15% reqs jewel or Hel rune in it to be able to use it without adding more STR.

Note on %ED jewels: Having tested them is sp I find that they just don?t do enough damage to make them more useful than rubies [I think the damage added was about 4 max?].

Charms: 15life small charms with enough FHR charms to hit either the 15% or 27% bp [7 frames and 6 frames]. To get to 5 frame hit recovery, the same as a lvl 18 zealers attack speed you will need 4 FHR gc?s not a problem if you have some with life on them too, but if not it may mean sacrificing too much life to get.
If you use all 15 lifers you will have over 1.1k life excluding the jade figure quest. So if you feel you need more mana then a few mana gc?s wouldn?t hurt I think.

Skills: This char does not need a hellrush and can get by fine with just doing norm. However, if you want a little extra I would recommend doing nm too.

Dtalon: 18 [your main attack, lvl 18 gets you 4 kicks]
Claw mastery: 1
BoS: 1
Tigerstrike: 1

That is for a norm rushed assa only. For a nm/hell rushed 1 put points into WoF, Shadow warrior and the prereqs with any spare going into tiger strike.

Stats: Sigh? if I must?
Strength: enough for gear
Dex: enough for max block
Vit: the rest
Energy: none

Tactics:
Vs melee ALLWAYS walk.

Having duelled a lot with lvl 9 and 31 kickers I think that there are rarely times when charging up ts is a good idea. The added damage isn?t that good and it takes time away from kicking. Not to mention you will need more STR because when you switch weps you lose the 15 STR from crushflange that was allowing you to equip your gear. The purpose of this char is to kill using mainly ow and cb so a bit more dmg is nice if you can get the charges in, but not necessary.

However if you want to be sneaky and can pull it off, then you could charge up from the monsters in the moor them release onto the other player.

Vs casters:
Run at them while dodging missiles and kick.

That?s my first ever guide. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have a 15 kicksin and hitting 4 kicks is essential to be competitive.

I have over 35% dtm and still run out so unless u have godly charms you will need at least 30+ % dtm just to survive!

I suggest sig belt instead of deaths. Sigs helm is nice...but tarn works better for me. (which is why i need more dtm).

Since your main wep is crush...having pts in claw mastery or ts make no sense. If this guy is for arena I'm not sure if shadow is available but I'd rather do that than talon. I've seen ppl try to charge with a claw first and switch to kick to release and they usually lose on the switches. Besides your ar will lack a little so charging may be tough.

If you wanna duel my 15 and get some gear ideas...hit me up on wfg-dude (west NL) and we can tweak your guy to beat the 18 melee's. I also have a 18 zealot you can test against.

EDIT: shit...just saw u r Europe... Laughing NVM then.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

Well, at lvl 18 you can get 4 kicks without needing any +skills so i think the sigs helm works better than tarn here.

And from the 20 dtm from angelics and 2 jewels in crushflange and swordback can give you up to 44%dtm. You get + 30 mana from sig helm too. Also getting a +mana gc or 2 wouldnt do much harm.
Waylon-

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder/Non
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: deaths sash?  

may seem like a stupid question but im kinda new to this...why not use the belt gloves and boots froms sigs to get the ias?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: deaths sash?  

Waylon- wrote:
may seem like a stupid question but im kinda new to this...why not use the belt gloves and boots froms sigs to get the ias?
By using sig's helm, you get the cannot be frozen from death's belt.
just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:  

cbf isnt even need with a half freeze duration ring, most melee around that level use a charm with cold dmg to get the chill effect but the duration is minimal, using the ring would barely make it noticeable.

so deaths wouldnt be needed if you got a nice ar/stats/half freeze dura ring Smile
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:  

sorry to bump such an old post but since you say that it's rarely helpful to charge w/ ts why place a point in it?
Page 1 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: