LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:49 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
what to socket, what to socket...
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject:  what to socket, what to socket...
Subject description: only you can help me decide!

alright, so if I'm lucky I'm going to have 3 open sockets (2 helm 1 armor) on my trapper/kicker hybrid. here are the options as I see it:

shaels (20 fhr ~ 60 life, since 5% fhr = 15 life on sc)
sol (7 dr, nice vs lower damage meleers like smiters and some kickers)
15 res all 9 dex jewel (i have 60 res pre-anya without any jewels, + whatever i get on my amulet, circlet, and boots, so idk if res is a big deal)
10 res all 20% ed jewel, or something close (better kick damage and res, lvl 12 Dtalon atm)
pskull (mana regen and life replenish)
SOME OTHER JEWEL?

idk, whatcha all think?
cranes

BNet Acct/Realm: US East SC Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject:  

about the sols, if you want to be really bm just make a full setup of sol'ed gear (9 total on helm armor/shield-it hardcore nerfs smiters) and keep it in stash. no point in using it vs casters tho =P

if you want all around I'd go shael and stat jewels

An soj poofed and I was sad =(

USEast Ladder
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ
My PC/FT/ISO List
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject:  

bumpity, need more opinions, i got a sexy 2/20/30 trap circ w/ cold res, so i gott socket it...res shouldn't be an issue. i'm leaning toward either a +ed jewel or shaels...i'll look to see how much damage difference the ed jewel would make. atm it looks like my traps are the uber-powered part of my build, though...currently 1218 max!
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject:  

humm.. i would either use shael or just go for pskulls..
im pskullaholic anyways so i always wanna use spare sox for em Neutral

Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject:  

I'm not sure if ed jewels work with kicks..
Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject:  

well, pamythist could actually be a big help here! the +str adds kick damage, and the 30str will mean you will hardly need to add any stats to str for magefist - which i recomend for the fcr ofc Very Happy

@entreri yes ed% does adds to kicks im 95%sure Smile

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject:  

How much mana do you have? I would think a trap/kicker would need quite a lot. Maybe try skulls/saphires first. You can always hel them out when you find some nicer rare jewels.

Or if you NEED the fhr, then shaels ofc. It also makes the circ mods look really nice, 2/20/30/20 Very Happy

btw, 1337'th post.
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject:  

sooperman: since I'm a hybrid I gotta watch out for the mdr bug with my kicks...and mages really screw that up with the 1-6 fire damage. also, Bfists add really nice stats, 30% fhr is like 90 life, plus the other life bonus and the ias...they're just much better. Also...I'm a hybrid man...I have 125 str for wat boots, so mages would be comparitvely easy. and anyway, pamythests save 10 stat points or 30 life, while Prubies give 38 life...and shaels give you basically 60 life (if you translate via scs, 20 fhr = 4 suffixes = 60 life). so Pamythests aren't even close.

ubermoose: I've got like 350 mana or something atm. This ought to be enough usually...My strategy is to drop my traps, the wait until my opponent is forced to run through them then MB and Dflight on top of them and start Dtaloning, while my traps and boots take it out of their ass. so since Dtalon only takes 6 mana, I think I'll be alright mana-wise, especially when i get more life/mana scs.

Really, I think it all comes down to either shaels, Pskulls, or damage jewels. shael ~ 60 life, pkulls ~ .5 life and ~.5 mana per second (idk if my duels will be very long, but I can run away like a mofo, faster than charge lol...), and damage jewels are...well, they're extra damage, I'll check to see how much extra.

EDIT: alright, just checked mikeandroes kick damage calc, and it says I'm only getting an increase of about 30 damage (from like 420 to 450) on Dflight, and the same percentge on talon kicks, if Use bth 20%ed jewels...that's only like an 8% increase...which imo is not even close to being worth 60 life, which is what shael is worth. So methinks it's down to shael and pskulls.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:  

like wooters said, im a skull junky too Razz maybe put a shael in your armor, and 2 skulls in the helm?

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject:  

waramp wrote:
like wooters said, im a skull junky too Razz maybe put a shael in your armor, and 2 skulls in the helm?

<3 Very Happy

darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject:  

eh, well here's how it breaks down as far as skulls go. shael is basically 60 life (since i need 86 break, it IS 60 life for the purposes of this discussion). The life regen off 2 pskulls is basically 1 hp per second and 1 mana per second (with my current mana orb, which may get better as i improve my scs). However, I don't ANTICIPATE having mana issues with my pool of 350 mana or so, so really pskulls only pay off imo if the duel lasts 2 minutes after i first get hurt, and i never get fully healed at any point. I rarely have duels that long, especially since this character's strategy is to kill pretty quickly, either through agressive stunning once they enter my field of traps, or agressive kicking against casters and such. Frankly, I don't see any duels lasting more that 30 seconds against enemies, even if i lose. NOW, that said I WILL be faster than 99% of non-teleporting enemies out there, yes including charge, I will have high level BoS and 60 fr/w on gear, so I'll be going like 12 fps, while charge goes 9, up to 11 with low vigor, and just a little faster than me with good vigor levels. From my understanding, most pallys don't skill vigor anyway in LLD (correct me if I'm wrong). So since I can outrun most enemies, that means that I can pretty much just run like a mofo and wait for my health to come back via pskulls. What I DON'T like about that is that A)it's lame, and very BM, B) it takes forever, and C) if the other guy is wearing spirit shroud OR pcrown, he'll out-heal me. So all-in-all, I think it's worth it to go for a swift victory rather then a slower one abusing regeneration.

Do you guys agree?
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:  

When you say shael's give you 60 life... Thats only if you absaloutley need to hit that extra 20fhr. In alot of cases you dont need a large amount of FHR. And this build looks more anti caster than anti melee which would mean the duels would be alot longer than you would think. Also if you did duel melee, you would want to use your traps more before actually getting into the fray. Both cases appear to promote the use of pskulls and more mana. Thats just my oppinion. But hey shaels/pskulls/Pgems don't cost to much and shouldn't be to hard to hell them out.
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject:  

well, my build is made to be anti-everything...kicks are more for vs casters (at least Dflight is) while my anti-melee strategy is lay traps, switch to c/s, MB, Dflight, Dtalon. In both cases I'll usually drop traps before I do anything else, and mostly not recast them (since most of the lightning will be hitting stationary enemies while i kick/MB them, doing not good damage, so they aren't likely to run out). Either way, I don't anticipate a long duel unless it's a lame sorc who teleports away a lot to regen, or a prayer pally who charges away to heal, since I can outrun anyone else. in the case of pallys, I probably will just refuse to duel on the basis that they're being BM, and prolly same with sorcs. So no, i don't anticipate long duels at all, at least not 2 minutes, and I don't think mana will be a BIG issue really, at least not one I can't circumvent with nice charms.

Anyway, in my experience duels only last 2 minutes if one of the players is a sorc who's staying offscreen and contstantly teleporting away.
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject:  

350 mana is only 2 trap fields, a few kicks and a handful of dflights and mbs.

If youre fighting any ranged youre going to need a LOT more traps and dflights that you think. What sort of trap dmg will you be getting?
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject:  

1-1218 atm, as much as 1600+ max if I ever get the character "completed"

oh, and what i meant was that my mana can easily get boosted by life/mana scs, it just takes a while to find good ones. if i'm ever "done" I'm hoping for 500 mana or so. and keep in mind that just because i don't have pskulls doesn't mean that I don't regen...i get about 4 mana per second at 500 mana, and only another 1-2 mana per seoc w/ 2 skulls.
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: