LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:32 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Is it possible to make a good bowasin LLDer?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
CrimsonSkunk

BNet Acct/Realm: East/Ladder *lowlvlpig
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject:  Is it possible to make a good bowasin LLDer?  

I really want to make one but I have no clue what level and what build I should make it at. Will it fail miserably or is it actualy a viable idea?
Pansy

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject:  

It might be doable at level 30 with the addition of venom. You'll probably need to have a good prebuff Shadow Disciplines setup on your weapon switch by shopping some +2 SD claws (should be able to shop those in act 1 or act 2 nm) and, if you don't mind having to do a bit of running in and out of town to prebuff, getting other +skill items (psychic helm, which is a magical mod that can be shopped from merchants and I believe is usable at level 30, +2 SD ammy, SOJs, vipermagi).

With the full prebuff that I listed, you'll do 245-265 venom damage, and venom will last 164 seconds (just under 3 minutes, so you'll probably have to run back to town after every 1-2 duels). Anyone with death's hand and/or good poison resists will probably negate a large portion of the venom damage, however. The nice thing about having all this prebuff stuff, though, is you'll get a nice level BoS without investing a lot into it, which will save you some trouble of having to get a large amount of IAS from other sources. You also get a decent BoS duration of 252 seconds (a little over 4 minutes).

As for a bow, you'll do the most damage with a nice rare gothic bow, although the dex requirement may be a bit steep unless you put in a hel rune. Gothic bow is pretty much the only way you can do a substantial amount of physical damage with a bowsin, which is important because you can't rely completely on venom to do all your damage. The unique edge bow Skystrike may work too, but the lightning damage is negligible and the physical damage on it leaves a lot to be desired.

If you prebuff your BoS fully (level 12 if you only put 1 point in BoS) you'll only need 30% ias to hit 9 frame with a gothic bow, which you can get quite easily from the death glove + belt combo. If you don't fully prebuff BoS (say only get two +2 SD claws on switch, putting it at about level 5) then you'll need 48% ias, which is achievable from death glove + belt combo + twitch.

You'll probably need a good amount of AR, so you'll definetly need the angelic ring + ammy combo (two angelic rings may be necessary). You'll also need a max damage helm and armor, unless you need twitch for the IAS, but you can open this spot for a max damage armor if you get BoS to level 12. Sander's boots will also give you a good AR boost as well as 15 stats and 40 r/w. Your charms will also have to be focused around max/ar/some other second mod (life, r/w) and resist and/or life charms.

The build will probably do resonably ok, but don't expect it to be top tier by any means.

Hopefully this helps.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject:  

no
bob-marley

BNet Acct/Realm: new jersey
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject:  

heh if you decide to make this...goodluck. a lvl 18 zealot will rape this build. deaths own psn dmg

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject:  

if you do decide to go ahead with this build, i strongly suggest sticking a Nef in your bow. i mean, bowazons aren't very viable without knockback so i don't see how a bowsin would be any different.

[Important Links]
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

hybred zons do pretty well actually but you will need knockback though

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject:  

id say make the build. very original. Very Happy This build might be more effective than you might think. you never know until you try it. it doesnt matter how many times you lose, as long as your having fun.
diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject:  

hmm i got a question does TS work with missle weapons like bows on a assasin or does it have to be melee? when u charge up and attack i mean since i was thinking u could charge up on some enemies in the moor then attack them with the bow i dunno though never tried

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject:  

l337h4x0rz wrote:
does TS work with missle weapons

throwing and fireing doesnt count as the normal or finsiher attack.. so no they wont realese thier effect

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject:  

no its not original and its not effective... i'm pretty sure chibi has one and he says his holy fire aura pally is better

like bob said death rapes psn, and its not high to begin with... your phys damage will suck too

also you'd be a ranged char with low damage whos missiles aren't guided and who doesn't have a quick way to run away

looking at other ranged chars...
fire sorcs have tele, they always hit
spirit necs have prison and their bs is guided, magic, always hits
bow zons are guided, arrows always hit
bow pallys have charge, arrows always hit if using exploding arrows and holy fire

if you wanna make a bow char go with pally or zon

if you want to make a ranged assassin, i'd suggest blade instead of bow
someone here had a blade sin that was pretty good because it used openwounds/crushing whatever
the skill naturally has knockback and venom is much more effective because the blades fire very fast
it was effective vs short ranged chars, but vs longer ranged necs and sorcs i don't think it did very well

MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject:  

I made it, and it failed.

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: