LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 9:06 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Points on lld I've found interesting here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Cenobite

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject:  Points on lld I've found interesting here.  

I've been making lld's for a few years now. (My most favorite type of dueling) I've had my own thoughts over the years on what exactly is classified a "low level dueler". Now for anyone who has ever joined a game called "low level dueling" etc on b.net you know that noone there is low level.. (the only people who join are at least lvl 70). For me, anything higher than lvl 29 I don't consider a "lld". When it comes to me, lvl9-29 is what I call "lld" At this range in level the battle field is still fairly even. I have made lvl9 assassins that took out lvl 29 easy. (higher than that if the person was not built to be a lld). So if built right even the lowest lvl of duelers have some chance at a lvl 29.

The reason for this is at level 30 you are granted access to the lvl 30 skills which can be very powerful. One example of this would be 2 barbs dueling. One barb is lvl29, the other is lvl 30. The lvl 30 is almost guaranteed the win if he has put the 1 point into wirlwind. There is just no competition when it comes to ww vs non ww. (Maybe a thrower barb could do it, but anything else and I'm betting on the ww barb).

This is just one example, but this works with other classes as well. I am still working out a level category for dueling. I will try to post it when it's done as I would like to have some feedback on it when it's completed.

In any case, this is just my own opinion so I am sure there will be others who disagree.
Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject:  

Just having the skills does not necessarily make the dueler better. Believe you me, I've killed MANY a 30+ whirlwind barb with my 29 zealot. And ask ANYONE that has tried to even HIT a barb while he's in WW.. doesn't happen. LLD as as much about strategy as it is gear. Gotta know what you're doing.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Saytun

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject:  

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1034&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Already done for you Wink although there are some arguements for different classes its been worked out through experience of dueling these builds and where we can level the playing field.

There are obviously exceptions, i personally duel level 9's and my level 18 pally.

But I would read through the ruleset thats already in place and go from there.

Saytun

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Points on lld I've found interesting here.  

Cenobite wrote:
So if built right even the lowest lvl of duelers have some chance at a lvl 29.

You mean a level 29 non-dueler, right? Because clearly a level 9 dueler can not beat a decent level 29 dueler no matter what the circumstance, even in 7vs1 i couldnt see level 9's beating a 29 zealer or defence barb, 30 fury druid, 29 maul druid or jabber
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Points on lld I've found interesting here.  

Cenobite wrote:
I have made lvl9 assassins that took out lvl 29 easy. (higher than that if the person was not built to be a lld). So if built right even the lowest lvl of duelers have some chance at a lvl 29.

impossible. if the level 29 has even the most basic of lld gear and the level 9 is decked out in the best, the level 9 wouldn't stand a chance.
however, if you still have this level 9 on east NL, i would love to have a go at her, message *B[x] next time you come on.

[Important Links]
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject:  

why is this even in strategies? seems like a half ass suggestion turned discussion to me.

as for your level 9 sin. if it doesnt exist anymore. make it on open bnet. id like to duel it vs my level 29 paladin, since you could easily take it out. Rolling Eyes

Cenobite

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject:  

I've dueled a lvl 29 (built for llding) with my lvl 9 assassin and won on a number of occasions. (im not saying I always win but I do win at least 50% of the time). I also spent a good 2 years collecting very hard to find jewels and items. I have a lvl 9 asn with 600+ life. I usually only use rare jewels as they can get alot more mods on them,and I usually never use anything lower than 14max on a jewel. Be prepared to spend a VERY long time rolling rare jewels as it will take you 100's of pskulls to do it. ( but ohh soo worth it in the end). With fully charged ts I'm clocking in at about 1550x damage. All I need is 1 good hit and it's game over.

Blocking has alot to do with it as well. Best shield I ever found for a lvl9 was a rare 17/30/20 bone shield with 15ar and 2 sockets. (I love that shield =P). For a claw you can't beat a good 2 socket rare. Im currently using an eth rare 2 socket blade talon with repair dura on it and 10ias. it's got 2 rare 14max jewels with other mods socketed in it. It gets 18-62 damage, lvl 9 req. Took me close to a year and a half to find the claw and roll the jewels. This is a very ballpark estimate but it took me roughly 3000+ pksulls to roll both jewels. (Whew!!)

Quote:
as for your level 9 sin. if it doesnt exist anymore. make it on open bnet. id like to duel it vs my level 29 paladin, since you could easily take it out.

Well first off I never said anything about easily taking out EVERY lvl 29 and I never said I could take out your 29 pally. I said I HAVE dueled lvl 29's before and easily killed them. Secondly since I have never dueled your 29 pally I will never know how much work you have put into it and what he can do.

I can only base my experiences on the people I have dueled. So depending who it is I might not win. No matter how good I am there is ALWAYS somone better somewhere.

Last edited by Cenobite on Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject:  

those numbers don't add up. on my max build i don't use all 14s though i do have several and she tops out at 1637 max.
what's your account? i'd like to see her (assuming she's east NL).

[Important Links]
Cenobite

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
those numbers don't add up. on my max build i don't use all 14s though i do have several and she tops out at 1637 max.

It all depends on your items. I don't have ALL 14 max. I said I TRY to only use 14 max. The other items/charms etc used can make a huge difference on what your final damage will be. Maybe you have better charms than me or you found better rings or ammys. maybe your weapon has different base damage than mine. All these are factors..

Look, I just wanted to post about what I thought a lld was and my opinions on the subject, I really don't care to get in a big arguement with anyone or have (my character is better than yours) disscussions. I'm here just to post my experiences I've had with low level dueling. And it's not always about who has the highest damage that wins.. The simple fact is there will always be someone who is better. I do not claim to be the best nor do I claim to know all there is about dueling. I can only go on my own experiences.

Lets try not to fight eh? I'm here to enjoy the forum, meet new people and maybe learn a few things from others. Very Happy

Last edited by Cenobite on Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject:  

Cenobite wrote:
(im not saying I always win but I do win at least 50% of the time)

Well first off I never said anything about easily taking out EVERY lvl 29 and I never said I could take out your 29 pally.

i think that says enough, itself.

Cenobite wrote:

Secondly since I have never dueled your 29 pally I will never know how much work you have put into it and what he can do.

i havent put much work into him, atleast not nearly as much as youve put into your assassin apparently. so my challenge stands, make your sin on open battle.net.

by the way, did you ever look at the gear of the 29s you claim to have beaten? if anything, it was probably a public dueler using gear they found ingame, claiming to be a LLDer. iv had many occassions of that, people thinking "low level duel" games means "bring the character you're currently leveling".

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject:  

ceno, i was neither arguing or saying that my char was better nor did i imply that the highest max damage wins. i was simply saying that your numbers don't add up.
now, can you answer my question as to what realm you're on and what your account name is?

[Important Links]
diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject:  

hmm about the topic now

yes it seems i have seen lots of 70+ lvl chars making games called LOW LVL DUELS or NORM DUELS and even 1-20 duels (the whole game was filled with 70+ lvls) theyre just there so they can get eazy kills every time i ask wtf they are doing in the game they always reply "I AM HERE TO WATCH" 5 seconds into the duel they come out and hostile everyone and say "ALL VS ME" o well its funny how some of the people in game get pissed and say "HEY MAN IF I'LL GET MY LVL 9999 PALLY SORC DRUID"

Cenobite

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject:  

Did I see the other persons items? no sorry I never. most don't want to show thier items because there is a certian secrecy when it comes to lld builds and items. The person said they were built to lld so I have no reason not to believe them.

Quote:
why is this even in strategies? seems like a half ass suggestion turned discussion to me.

This isn't in the strategys forum. it's general discussions. =)

All I wanted to do was share my ideas and experiences, but this thread seems to be turning into a flame post, so I think I will end my posts on this thread before others get mad or judgemental. If I have offended anyone then I oppoligize for doing so. I don't lie about any of my posts so if anyone thinks I do then I'm sorry, you believe what you want to belive and there is nothing I can do about that. I didn't come here to brag or otherwise pick fights or (get your dueler and make a game) challenges. I just want to learn from others and maybe help others if I can. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused..
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject:  

Cenobite wrote:
I usually never use anything lower than 14max on a jewel.

lol, i like how added in the word "usually" after i mentioned that your numbers don't add up. that coupled with the fact that you've ignored several times my inquiries as to what your account name is so that i may meet this assassin of yours leads me to believe that you never had such a charater. that is my theory until proven otherwise.

[Important Links]
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject:  

it was in strategies. i moved it to LLD discussion.

a true LLDer will rarely not want to show off his/her items. if they're proud of the character, they like to show why it's strong.

there are only 3 reasons why a person wouldnt show off their items:

1: its a secret build thats not done. meaning they;re most likely easy to kill, as is.
2: they arent actually a LLDer, and are embarassed by their shit items.
3: they are a LLDer, but their items are subpar/below average and dont want to show them.

any LLDer worth fighting, has items worth showing.

Page 1 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: