LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:56 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 30 bowzon
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Educated
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: West, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:  Lvl 30 bowzon  

Ok well i've decided to make a lvl 30 zon and i needa cratique on my setup i havent made her yet but this is the gear I'm planning to use:

Twitch (upped w/ emerald in it)
ck boots
deaths gloves
deaths sash
angelics
I was thinking either a max dmg helm or a 3 p emerald helm (w/e adds more dmg)

and for my weapon ima use a carrion horn w/ a nef rune in it.

any suggestions?

FUDGEsicle wrote:
not neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd pie

LLD_Abec

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:  

The damage would be very low. ED doesn't help much with no damage to start with. What bow are you using? I use an upped rogue bow with nef. With deaths sash and 50 ias from bow, I hit 75 ias or 8 fpa. I would recommend 60 max armor over twitch. Definately use the max helm.
Bloginvix

BNet Acct/Realm: bloginvix[lld];bloginvix
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:  

If your using guided arrow, u might want to lose the angelics, it doesnt need ar, unless your using the items for the life/dex, but soj/ life stat ammy might help more if their available
Educated

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:  

ok so here's my new build idea,

Carrion horn w/ sheal rune
Upped twitch w/ p Ruby
deaths gloves
deaths sash
Sanders Boots
45 max dmg mask/crown
Stone of Jordan x2
Eye of the Etlich (1 skills and 1-3 cold dmg for those ppl w/o cnbf)

skill set up:

1 magic
1cold arrow
1multi shot
13 guided arrow
5 dodge
5evade
1 aviod
6 critical strike

she isnt made yet so im not sure on stats.

cratique plz

for you people on east and europe:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/Twiztr420/Screenshot006.jpg

thats a picture of carrion horn

FUDGEsicle wrote:

Bloginvix

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:  

if your west nl, and are already using a duped bow, u could consider shadow knuckle, or chaos noose.. high life, dex and str, which ull need for the high req of your bow, the cold dmg from eye of etlitch can be easily replaced through charms.
Educated

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:  

indeed but i'm mainly using the etlich for the plus skills for dode and evade and critical stike so it either more life or more dmg.

FUDGEsicle wrote:

Bloginvix

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:  

that makes sense, 2+ passive ammy(or 1 zon) with mods could be better than etlitch... if u can get a hold of one
just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject:  

heres the setup id reccomend:

ammy - 2 passive, mana, stats, life, resists
armour: 3 socket 80 life light plate or mage dpending what bow you will use
helm: 2 passive 30 frw 2 sockets max dmg jewels
boots: sanders
gloves: deaths
belt: deaths
rings: soj or mana, resists, stat rings if you can get them
switch: life tap wand/ resist shield or good blocking shield depending on who you duel, see dueling section.
charms: life/max dmg this is where you get your cold dmg from. If your low on mana which i cant see happening use a 40+ mana/other mod gc.
bow: upped rogues with nef = cheapest 5 socket ashwood +3 bow skills socket with enough ias to reach your desired break point and rest max dmg, add 1 nef = more expensive and overall gets you the same results as upped rogues but makes you look like a sexy pimp...
duped bow = too slow, and require to many stats, and are widely considered as cheating.

stats: enough str for gear (if you use high str bow eg carrion horn you might aswell use a mage plate for more defence, you can use a heavier shield on switch also, eg whitstans which is helpful dueling other bowzons)
enough dex for your bow.
rest vita, im not a fan of glass cannon zons.

dueling tips: ahev gear switches in stash depending on your situation. This only really matters when your dueling someone good, your standard setup will kill most pubbies. Have 120 resist kite shileds on stash eg fire, lightning blah blah. this is for when your retreating or running from place to place you have added defence against your opponens element. eg your dueling a fire sorc, so you put a fire res shield on switch, you shoot some arrows and she comes teleing towards you, so you switch and run giving you boosted resists incase a stray fireball hits you...

An artisans kite shield of deflecting with 3 shaels is awesome vs charge pallies if your using a low strength bow, if you can find a good java with 30 ias, ar and dmg this can come in handy vs chargers, which are your biggest problem. If using a high strength bow whitstans is the way to go.

dueling other bowzons have the melee shield on switch with a one handed weapon that adds openwounds, like the gnasher, shoot some arrows, switch to gnasher/shield combo and walk a bit, rinse and repeat. Now the arrows in mid air get bonuses from the gnasher and when they hit your opponent it will inflict open wounds which can turn the tide in a sniping duel.

just go practice dueling and have fun, the setup i proposed works best for me, maybe not for you but yea whatever mate. Cool

edit: make sure you have alot of frw this helps ALOT in duels. Make sure you fhr breakpoint is at a decent level and 8 fps attack is a necessity. strength bug is fun to use becuase alot of pubbies still dont know about it and they think you hack or throw arrows.. your resists should be fine if you use rogues 10%, and say.. get 10% of your ammy, anya 10%, charms 10% - 50% if your lucky. stack resists versus cold sorces, foh pallies and poison necs. (shield come in handy here). I would suggest filling your slots with 15 maxers first then 24 maxers when you get them.
Educated

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject:  

ok well on my build (not shadows) i got raped pretty hard and i have come to the realization that i cant make zons for shat so i x-fered all her items off and she is "no longer with us" but ima start a 30 kicker to match my 18 Razz

FUDGEsicle wrote:

Squirlz

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject:  

your chars dont have to be perfect the first time you build them, make them then learn from your mistakes and find out what works better. then remake until you get them right, then they own. i usually make a new char 2-3 times before i get equip right. planning is one thing but until you try it out you do not know what works best. give her a shot your way, and then see if others way is better for what you want.
dueling styles will also change what equip you want. to each his own i say, and have fun. if they dont work just delete, no big deal.

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: