LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:32 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
what is best for a level 30 trapsin?
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Bloody Mess

BNet Acct/Realm: a human container, looking for a new container pretty soon
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject:  what is best for a level 30 trapsin?  

claws or spirit sword and sigon shield?
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject:  

Dual claws

You can get +4 traps easily, or with godly gear... +10 traps. Also you'll get higher claw block w/o sacrificing lots of life then you would with sigons.

My pub trapper had spectral shard and eyeless on switch for spamming MB.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject:  

2 claws > spirit and sigon sheild, you can do what i did though, and put those on second hand for prebuff, and mind blast the mana is nice for casting mind blast Razz

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:  

+2trap claws w/ias are ideal starters. Spirit swords limit u to 1 sword and 1 shield.

You won't need much blocking since your strategy is to run around. Best uber claws u can find are 2trap/3lite sentry hand scythes. Anything with a total of 3-5 lite sentry are not good.
For mb spamming I prefer insight staff since I never run outta mana with it! It also allows me to keep mb as the primary skill on switch...I hate hotkeying...I prefer switching.

Eziest place to find your claws is gambling IMO. Not sure the ideal char to gamble but I'd guess one in the lvl 40-45 range in nm...npc shouldn't matter since its gambling (I don't think Rolling Eyes ). Too bad Jerkazoid isn't here much...he is the factoid KING!

Sigon shield is rarely used in lld cuz the stats are just too hi! I've used it only once and only as a starter. Just so u know Wink

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Eziest place to find your claws is gambling IMO.

It's called shopping.

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:  

[quote="Gheed"][quote="wfg-dude"]Eziest place to find your claws is gambling IMO. [/quote]
It's called shopping.[/quote]

OK I re-read the sticky on that and your right shopping is defined by clvl's as far as higher % of finding the alvl mods your looking for.

However, I didn't see anything on gambling. Even the calculator is for shopping not for gambling. Does lvl come into play for gambling? I've heard that u want to gamble with your highest char to hit ilvl 99 to give u all possibilities.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Bloody Mess

BNet Acct/Realm: a human container, looking for a new container pretty soon
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:  

forgot about the weapon block on dual claws, this will realy make me want to just use trap claws only, thx! Very Happy
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

Well i can tell you righght now, if you are gambling for hadscythes your best chance to get them is around lvl 87-91 (~50% chance to gamble handscythe)

i have been gambling handscythes for a long time, so good luck, almost 500 cestus gambles, i got about 200 handscythes and only 10 of them had light sentry
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:  

[quote="T_Maldo"]Well i can tell you righght now, if you are gambling for hadscythes your best chance to get them is around lvl 87-91 (~50% chance to gamble handscythe)

i have been gambling handscythes for a long time, so good luck, almost 500 cestus gambles, i got about 200 handscythes and only 10 of them had light sentry[/quote]

None of mine did unless it was stoopid like +1 lite sentry...I'm only on my 100th claw gamble so far tho... Laughing

Jet...did u get those level reqs from a reputable source or are u just listing what levels you personally have gambled them???

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
However, I didn't see anything on gambling. Even the calculator is for shopping not for gambling.
The calculator is used for everything. We ARE talking about the same calculator, right?

wfg-dude wrote:
Does lvl come into play for gambling?
Yes

wfg-dude wrote:
I've heard that u want to gamble with your highest char to hit ilvl 99 to give u all possibilities.
It depends on what item you are looking for. Some people may choose to gamble with a lower level character for lower level items. It's all that alvl, qlvl, clvl, ilvl stuff that you never understood Smile
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject:  

personal gambling, i hate research Evil or Very Mad
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject:  

[quote="Gheed"][quote="wfg-dude"]However, I didn't see anything on gambling. Even the calculator is for shopping not for gambling.[/quote]The calculator is used for everything. We ARE talking about the same calculator, right?

[quote="wfg-dude"] Does lvl come into play for gambling?[/quote]Yes

[quote="wfg-dude"]I've heard that u want to gamble with your highest char to hit ilvl 99 to give u all possibilities.[/quote]It depends on what item you are looking for. Some people may choose to gamble with a lower level character for lower level items. It's all that alvl, qlvl, clvl, ilvl stuff that you never understood Smile[/quote]

OK Andrew...next q: So, I have to use 3 calculators to figure this out then. Affix calc to figure out alvl. D2Data to figure out Qlvl. Gambling calc to figure out the prime gambling lvl. Sheesh! Does gambling follow the +/- 5clvl's rule? If so, I'm pretty sure handscythes along with +2trap/litesentry mods are lvl 41...which means I should gamble with a lvl 36-46 char for optimum results??? OMG I may be on the verge of figuring this stuff out.... Shocked Scary!

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject:  

Steve, you can shop handscythes in act 2 nm.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:  

[quote="Grim04"]Steve, you can shop handscythes in act 2 nm.[/quote]

I know that Matt...also in acts 3-5...what I'm trying to figure out is what lvl char to shop with. Currently using lvl 90's to do it.

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
So, I have to use 3 calculators to figure this out then. Affix calc to figure out alvl. D2Data to figure out Qlvl. Gambling calc to figure out the prime gambling lvl.
You can do all of that with the affix calc. Why use three when you can use one? What's the "gambling calc" anyways? I've never heard of it.

wfg-dude wrote:
Does gambling follow the +/- 5clvl's rule?
What "+/- 5clvl's rule"? Do you mean the output ilvl "rule"?

wfg-dude wrote:
If so, I'm pretty sure handscythes along with +2trap/litesentry mods are lvl 41...
Whatlvl 41? I'm 110% sure you are wrong here because the alvl for any +2 tree affix is 40. Because the qlvl of a hand scythe is "high", you'll need an ilvl of 60-65 to spawn +2 tree on a hand scythe. (Don't quote me on that, it's just a guess)

wfg-dude wrote:
which means I should gamble with a lvl 36-46 char for optimum results???
If you want to spawn an item with an ilvl of 41, and you are gambling with a level 36 character, you have a 0% chance of getting it. You will have a 100% chance of gambling an item with a minimum ilvl of 41 with a clvl46.

Footnote: There is already a thread about +skills on handscythes somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: