LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:23 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
not a lld but i need advice
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
D00m

BNet Acct/Realm: US East [NL] *j828war2
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject:  not a lld but i need advice  

yes i kno this is for lld but i just started ladder im starting hld first (stuff easyer to get atm) so what do u people think of a bear sorc?

max enchant and some sort of ice shield what ya think?
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject:  

I have seen some successful bear sorcs, they basically put on a ton of + skill gear, do enchant, put on Beast, turn into bear, then switch beast for a 6 shael phase blade and basically become a fireclaws druid only with more damage and energy shield, but less life. They work pretty well but inferno+noko beats it everytime.
SatansLLD's

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

i agree w/ bel, the shealed phase would be very helpful seeming that sorc's have very low ias, + w/ bear...however it would be complicated, and i would definatly suggest a good cta, at least cast before u begin to fight....because sorc's even in bear have fairly low life, plus if u max mana shield, u'll have more mana to hold them off your life...jsut donr forget to max warmth too(synergy for enchant)-it tends to help a lot.....also, the ice shield u want will be shiver armor, and if u have extra skills, i would just add to the other shields for synergies...
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, bear sorcs are comkplicating, a lot of gear switching.. your + skills gear to get your level 50+ enchant, your beast to get your bear form, then your shael phase and melee gear you have to put on, it probably will take about2 minutes to set yourself up before each duel, or 1 minute, that just seems longer in game :/ but they can work well anyways, i have seen one 1 hit a lot of people, I don't see how its worth it though, they get a bit more fire damage than a good firebolt sorc's firebolt. a firebolt sorc will have 23k and a firwclaw sorc will have between like 24k-?? depends on your facets, but it seems that the firebolt sorc would be the way to go if you are looking into fire damage. although a bear sorc is a more original build so maybe that is what sparks your interest. It's a pretty expensive char to keep up when you get down to it. but anyways, i have never made one so what i say is probably all wrong anyways i am just saying what i assume
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject:  

i didnt realize u could switch out the beast wepaon and still remain shifted. thats very cool

and i just noticed BoS will remain active too

i put 40%ias bgreater talons on and he was attackign the fastest i have ever seen.. musta been 3 frames, ill see if i can hit 2

yeah u can hit like a 2/2, 2/3 attack using two claws with sheal sheal sheal... its insane. one attack doest even display bc all u see is the bear lean back, then recover.,,, u dont even see the frame of the bear with its arm out

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject:  

i'm not sure if that;s possible. i think only jab and double throw can hit 3 frames, me and dely were testing this awhile ago, of course jab at 3 frames is essentially 1 frame since jab hits 3 times, fury can hit 4 frame, double swing i forget..4 or 3, but i am not sur ei druids can reach 3 frame
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

well i just did it in single player.. double attack with two greater talons each with 3 sheals.. i had BOS at 20 pre casted...

its insane speed,,
i have never seen anything like it.

the first hit is 2 frames .....er,,, it has to be!!
u dont even see the attack sometimes,, just some wiggle as the game tries to take the whole anaimtion and do it in 2 positions

techincally it seems very possible.your using the bear equaiton to figure attack speed,, replace the base speed of character with assasin (in this case) wich is already fast.

then use class specific item, (dual wielded!)- thats the big weirdness that i cant quite graps

(how does the game factor both wepaons for a dual weilding character when normal attack on bear is 2 hands anyway, and druid CANT duel wield. very weird)

So:
+50Eias fro BOS
dual weild
120% ias Greater talons on an assasoin (so fast anyway)

i think she is quite able to break through to speeds otherwise thought of as being the limit when normally a druid.. if the equations seem to limit to 3 frames (ie: druid aproaches 3 frames break but cant hit it) i thnk she is hitting thru to the next break. ! YOWZAA!

u should check it out,, do u have an SP editor?

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject:  

oh wait, i originally posted that i didnt understand before reading your post, after i read it, it's actually not that hard to understand Razz i was jsut too lazy to read it so i put down that i didn tunderstand. anywho, your point is well taken, never thought of it that way
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject:  

no i don't have a 1.10 editor and i haven't bothered getting one, nobody has directed me to one, and i haven;t thought to ask for one because i haven't really had a need for it thanks to the d2skills.com thing
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject:  

ah,, forget it.. doesnt work
i was testing in open air,, not acutally on monsters

during a 7 frame claw strike,, it becomes something like a 10 frame dual Skill attack... (5 for one claw, 5 for the next) , But the game seems to skip the second attack when dual wielding as a druid, u would simply get a 10 frame attack

the air test = display glitch
(it seemed fast because the game was actually cutting off the first attack (interupting itself) so what looked like 2 frames i thought was an attack

it really obiovus with a battle cestus in a hand,, he does a lil kick motion (the first half of the animation) and then puts his foot back down, then does a quick swing. its very glitchy looking

so tested on actual monsters, in the case of my example its something like:

1hand = 4 frame attack
dual wielding getting a 6 frame dual attack (3/3). (with the first attack getting a strange skip display glitch

game drops first attack
u simply get a 6 frame attack on monsters ...something like that

wich is too bad i was really thinking a dual wielding chaos assasin could hit 3 frame alsmot by default, (maybe hitting 2) pumbling opponents with decent magic dmg.. but a 4 frame attack.. eh its half as powerfull as i would have liked..

PLUS--- u dont get wepaons block when shifted Evil or Very Mad o well

ooooh.... its not LLD
but what else can u think of with beast that would be cool? the shifted sorc sounds really cool

Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject:  

well the shifted sorc is pretty much exactly like a fireclaws druid, only way more expensive. it's better in some ways, worse in others, mega cool points on a bear sorc over a fire druid though. how many attacks work in bear form? i have never tried a beast out so i'm not sure.. i would assume zeal or conc and obviously ww (would be hilarious though) don't work while in bear form?
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
i would assume zeal or conc and obviously ww (would be hilarious though) don't work while in bear form?

exactly. u can only do Bear attacks, however things like

enchant
bos
passive resistance from paladin aura points.
shout + BC + Bo
critical strike and masteries
Bone armor (should stay)
u can even have a paladin aura on
Holyshield will remain active... u could try to make a mege defence/life build with CTA + lots of skills with bear + defiance and HS

those things work.. however weapons block does not Evil or Very Mad .. and im sure there might be little surprises.

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject:  

kind of off topic but i found this other display glitch on single player but its kind of stupid. if u run somewhere in town and hold shift, your character stops running, and looks like it just slides. you can even twirl around while doing this. like i said, kind of stupid but i thought it was pretty cool when i figured this out. Rolling Eyes
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject:  

and you can get fade on a necro bear from the fade shield, % chance when struck.. it wuold be funny to see a see through bear with bone armor and battle orders. i still say it would be way funnier if a bear could whirlwind. i think fireclaws sorc is about the best idea you can make with a beast
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: