LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:50 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
outlawz exists no more?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Zolas

BNet Acct/Realm: WoW Perenold
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

Shut up Spazz, youre a noob, you dont even have 3000 posts Razz
velocity

BNet Acct/Realm: Lazy_Dragon69 UsEast-Nonladder
-2.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:  

Zolas wrote:
Shut up Spazz, youre a noob, you dont even have 3000 posts Razz

you dont either Very Happy

Martin V. Li
Sept. 17, 1987-Mar. 3, 2008

He wasnt just my Brother
He was my Teacher
My partner
And my best Friend

Rest In Peace
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:  

So sue me for taking up for people? I wasnt saying anything bad about anyone, just stop being childish.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:  

Nobodies bashing them. Grow up.

See, bashing someone would be saying something like; "You're a moron"

What they said was more along the lines of; "What you did is moronic'

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
B@ttle_R@ge

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:  

People who say outlawz is a copy of 101 are wrong since we had divided forums before you guys adopted them. We also had features you still don't... The bashing posts came from people that left 101 not from people who made outlawz and they were all closed.

All we really had that was different is that we gave an option for people who didn't like 101 or the people on here to have another forum to chill on. We also had dupes and bugs possible to trade instead of doing it in the backs like people on here do. And we all agreed that hell rushed was ok before you guys even started voting on it. Was that much simple...
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:  

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
People who say lld101 wannabes is a copy of 101 are wrong since we had divided forums before you guys adopted them. We also had features you still don't...

Features and style aside, a lot the material was plagiarised from this site without credit. Whether or not you decided to give credit since then, I don't know. I was banned because your administrator didn't like me, plain and simple.

[Important Links]
B@ttle_R@ge

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:  

As you know I wasn't the admin but I still know why he did it and I probably would have done the same in his position. He seen you as a possible problem at the time and SUSPENDED your account for undeterminated time. It's not plagia when you make a forum to make general categorys. You on the other hand did change yours after seeing ours... Long story made short, we didn't allow bashing 101 nor the people on it.

The server is temporarly down and will be back in an undeterminated time.
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject:  

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
As you know I wasn't the admin but I still know why he did it and I probably would have done the same in his position. He seen you as a possible problem at the time and SUSPENDED your account for undeterminated time. It's not plagia when you make a forum to make general categorys. You on the other hand did change yours after seeing ours... Long story made short, we didn't allow bashing 101 nor the people on it.

Site layout "copying" is no where near as serious as copying pages upon pages of data and calling it your own.

If I were to design a menu for a resterant and I put the beverages on the front page, and by chance the other resturant across the street has the same thing, beverages on the front page, that is not grounds of stealing anyones ideas, there is only so many combinations of layouts for things you can make.

If I were to design a menu for a resterant and I copied their exact menu, words, prices, colors, only shifted the layout around, say had the beverages on the BACK page.. THAT is copying.. You can go to court for that in the real world..

Hope this makes sense?

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:  

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
SUSPENDED your account for undeterminated time.
B@ttle_R@ge wrote:

Maybe the two times will coincide. Last I checked, my account was to be reactivated sometime in 2031. I could be wrong though, maybe it was 2039.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
As you know I wasn't the admin but I still know why he did it and I probably would have done the same in his position. He seen you as a possible problem at the time.

A possible threat? What evidence did I give that made me out to be a threat? I mean seriously, I had no ill intent towards your administrator or the website. In fact, I seem to remember several conversations with your administrator about peacefully coexisting. There were no warnings given to me about my 'threatening' behavior; one day everything was peachy and the next, I was banned.

[Important Links]
B@ttle_R@ge

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject:  

I'm not him B[x] so I don't know the answer to that. I guess when you are the admin you can select your clientel. Kind of like if you dislike someone on here you could ban him too. Since the problem wasn't rellied to me I didn't bother asking him got more precisions. I know that me and you never had any problems nor now nor in the past so I don't know more about that particular story.

Spazz if you could precise what exact parts were copied I'd look to it. As far as it goes theres some lld guides up but the makers names are on them. So Spazz precise your request.

B[x] it's the server's host that "died"... So if he isn't back soon we will change servers it's as simple as that. For you on the other hand, I'm pretty sure you will still be suspended for "undeterminated" time. (I know you like the word heh)

Last edited by B@ttle_R@ge on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject:  

The only people not being peaceful about this are the new people that join everyday. And vixen if u dont consider this bashing, then you don't understand what bashing is.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:  

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
Kind of like if you dislike someone on here you could ban him too.

I guess that's the difference between the Administrators here at 101 and there at Outlawz.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
I know that me and you never had any problems nor now nor in the past.

I'm glad that nothing can come between us. Wink Very Happy

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
Spazz if you could precise what exact parts were copied I'd look to it. As far as it goes theres some lld guides up but the makers names are on them.

I know this is aimed at Spazz but I figured I'd chime in (I can't seem to shut up today). One such guide that I can recall off the top of my head was drawn straight from Solartje's website about a level 9 Jabzon. Credit was given to Redawg, I believe, despite the wording being exactly the same (even the European twist on words like 'colour' for example).

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
B[x] it's the server's host that "died"... So if he isn't back soon we will change servers it's as simple as that. For you on the other hand, I'm pretty sure you will still be suspended for "undeterminated" time. (I know you like the word heh)

Heh, I saw that you used the word twice to describe a time period and I thought I'd tie them together for everyone's enjoyment (well, mine at least).

oD-Imp wrote:
And vixen if u dont consider this bashing, then you don't understand what bashing is.

From what I see, only the first half or so of the first page had ill intent, and that was only slight. A lot more could have been said, I'm sure.

[Important Links]

Last edited by B[x] on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
B@ttle_R@ge

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:  

Well not to play with the words but you said from Solartje's site and not from 101. I didn't do the vlld guides at all so I can't say. (Didn't actually read them either Rolling Eyes )

Well the difference between here and there is that you guys don't own the site and the owner doesn't bother with it for what I've heared. On the other hand when you have full power of your site it changes your mind a bit. Cause if you do something others don't like they won't argue with you... I don't know what the problem between you and Loc was (and I probably will never know) but he had HIS reasons to ban you at the time. You could go and try to set it straight with him... I know I've never had any problems with you and I even seen some of your nice vllds in the past. But I just seem to need to defend the reasons of the existence of the other site...

I know lots of people had problems with Voices... Some even got banned... But if they felt like keep trading and llding they didn't really had a Voices free place to go right? That was the first of all reasons why Loc made the other site. Not to copy lld101 nor to be admin of a lld site but just to not have to bear with people like Voices.

So far if any one went on the other site before it went down lately it's been running very smoothly. We didn't allow nor encouraged people to chose between 101 nor OL. We didn't let them bash 101 nor it's admins. We didn't make stuff like the dueling ladders on which there's only 1 person per cathegory... Wink I was the only mod left since Redawg quit. And I was fair to everyone including people that are 101's before any thing else.

Once site goes back on just inform me of what guides are not ours and are given without credit and I'll take them off. (please be specific)

Except that I don't know why people are happy when another lld related site shuts down specialy when we didn't have any evil intentions towards 101.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
Well not to play with the words but you said from Solartje's site and not from 101. I didn't do the vlld guides at all so I can't say.

Plagiarism is plagiarism. I wasn't a member of Outlawz long enough to play detective and remember every single guide that was copied verbatim; Sol's example was just one I remember from way back when.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
the owner doesn't bother with it for what I've heared.

Zharous ran another West oriented Diablo site (the name escapes me, it's been a very long day) which had a LLD category. 101 was created as a favor for Knarl. So while Zharous may fund the site, Knarl runs the show. I'm just here to make things look pretty, I guess.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
I don't know what the problem between you and Loc was (and I probably will never know) but he had HIS reasons to ban you at the time.

"your kinda a sarcastic ass"
"your an ass and not the kinda person I really need around"
Some reasons.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
You could go and try to set it straight with him...

I tried, that's where I got the above quotes from.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
But I just seem to need to defend the reasons of the existence of the other site...

That's perfectly understandable, as I'm sure you understand the need I have to defend myself.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
I know lots of people had problems with Voices... Some even got banned...

Not unjustly. In either case, that's long ago and I don't think it's worth bringing up because it's beating a dead horse.

[Important Links]
B@ttle_R@ge

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:  

For the "ass" quotes I guess he took something you said wrong or right depends if he was right about you being sarcastic about it at the time.

Don't see why you need to defent yourself since I'm not accusing you of anything...

Well I guess if Knarl wanted he could ban people he thinks shoulden't be here even without them doing wrong things on the site. (won't go into here just speculating)

Well I only brought the Voices part up cause it was the reason why the other site was made to start with not trying to blame him for anything...

Well I didn't mean you B[x] but anyone else who feals like taking some time out of his day to go check the guides and name which are taken with no credit.
Page 2 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: