LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:51 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Remade Conc Barb Concerns
Page 1 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject:  Remade Conc Barb Concerns  

Ok I finally remade my barb, he has 7.4 k ar (1 k more than last build), almost 1600 damage (1584 but I plan to bring it up after a few things are added, my last build was hitting about 1200), my life stayed relativly the same, (around 860 life after bo) and my def is hitting 11 k, I'm happy with the way it turned out, but now I have a few concerns;

1) I'm using an eth zweihander 'honor' for a few reasons, it has high durability for an eth item (26), Easier to obtain, all I have to do is find an eth one in hell and socket to get 5 sockets, and it looks bad ass on a barb, but my problems come when I want to duel in a non-serious duel, and I don't want to use my eth's durability, if I were to get a reg zweihander and honor it, I would need an additional 10 def (total of 94). I'm using this weapon until I get a better non honor weapon.

2) I realized that since I'm using sanders gloves that they mdr bug will affect me, sanders gloves give 9-11 poison damage, and I'm wondering how badly the mdr bug will screw with my overall damage. If it is a lot I was trying to think of another glove to use, but I need the 20 ias to hit the 12 frame bp (I could move to a 13 frame attack and use bloodfist but I think that might get to be too slow), and I don't want to give up my SoE for Death's. Anyone have any suggestions?

3) My helm, I was going to go in favor of a Eth Bug Radiance Helm because I was stoked at the 442 def, but then realized that is only if the helm has perfect def, on top of being ethereal, found in hell, and rerolled to get 3 sockets. Right now I'm using a Holy Grim Helm of the Sun (240ish def, 30 max, 5% ar)

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
LiveChaldean

BNet Acct/Realm: livechaldean and deeks
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

i have one of those radience helms it has liek 440 defish interested?

ISO: permed sojs and HR's
ChasingChickens

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:  

what are u looking for?

20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject:  

You're pretty much screwed with your weapon until you find an eth rare or -req rare one. You could jewel one up and use a mod/-15 req jewel and ed/dmg jewels and maybe a mix of shaels. Or you could try using an Honor Dim blade, but then you lose damage and speed.

Poison isn't affected by MDR, so you don't have any problems there.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject:  

LiveChaldean wrote:
i have one of those radience helms it has liek 440 defish interested?

ChasingChickens wrote:
what are u looking for?

PM material. I believe you two are on different realms, as well.

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject:  

Why is your life so low? You should have up to three times as much life as you have.

Instead of Sander's/String, perhaps IK Belt/Gloves is a better choice. Lots of defense, 65 stats (45 str, 20 dex IIRC), resists, 25% IAS, resists..what's not to like? That depends on your final strength, though. If it's under 155, then you'll be wasting some points and not be able to make use of all the stats. At least that's what I've seen all the top barbs on USEast NL use who have those 90+ ed eth/rep ornate plates use. Still, that doesn't account for the missing 1000+ life, which is half the game of a conc barb.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
Instead of Sander's/String, perhaps IK Belt/Gloves is a better choice.

His barbarian is level 29.

My mistake, I meant to say that IK has a level requirement of 30, while his barbarian is level 29.

Last edited by krajee on Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject:  

So it works out nicely, then, seeing as IK gloves/belt also has a level 30 requirement. If you're thinking of level 31, you've probably confused it with IK boots, which is indeed level 31.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
kelt

BNet Acct/Realm: useast ladder *retardkelt
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject:  

wondering...why are u using deaths belt? cbf? could u work in a rhyme grim shield instead?

ChasingChickens

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject:  

Ok reason my life is low is because I have a required 135 str and 84 dex, leaving very few points for vit. I can only use Ik belt, not the gloves because barbs are only allowed to go to level 29 (change the rule! change the rule! Very Happy) and the 25 str is not worth the mdr, 100+ def and 15% dr that soe gives me. If I could use ik gloves and belt I definitly would, it would solve many of my problems but I want to be able to compete in arena duels.

I am not using a deaths belt, I'm using a String of Ears.

And ehhh what do you mean by jewel one up and use a mod/-15 jewel and ed/dmg jewels and shaels, do you mean take a superior weapon with 6 sockets, and add jewels and shaels to it? I was thinking of that or maybe finding a magical weapon with ed% and ias and socket it, but then not sure if I'd get much damage over an honor, speed would be higher, but damage and ds definitly wouldnt be. I tried looking into the affix and I from what I think was correct it wasn't much damage, but the idea of socketing up a superior is an idea to consider.

20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject:  

My barb had 121 Strength and around 78-84 dex and mine still had 1500 life.. even 1500 is pretty bad. I guess.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject:  

Well, the really godly conc barbs have more life because I think most of them use 3/xx/13-15 scs. If you use charms like 10/70 gcs that don't have life on them, of course your life is going to be a bit lower. Just try to work on getting better charms for your barb (for more life). I think that most of his other stats are quite nice.
ChasingChickens

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject:  

I was looking into the idea of jeweling a weapon and I think it comes down to either a 15% ed 3 ar superior naga or crowbill, with the crowbill and one shael with 10 ias I will hit 11 frames, the naga with one shael I will hit 12 frames, but have higher damage. Is one frame worth the damage?

20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject:  

Well, what is the fastest frame for a conc barb? I think if you do make a weapon, you should throw in as many shaels as you need to hit fastest bp, and then use maxers. And, if you already have that much str, I like a naga more I think. It has a range of 3, whereas a crowbill only has 2 range.
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, I meant jewel up a superior weapon with whatever. Of course it won't be nearly as effective as Honor, but that's just what you get for building a character specifically for one kind of setup.

You don't have any weapon mastery? Because you use an eth honor zweihander, I just assumed you had sword mastery. If not, then you could try an Honor weapon you have the reqs to wear. If you're going to jewel up a weapon you don't have a mastery for, you might as well just Honor it. Honor Knout/Crowbill comes to mind, with low reqs and same speed as zwei.
Page 1 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: