LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:49 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Hmm..
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Nitrix77

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject:  Hmm..  

Well I'm not sure if this is a relatively new thing, for ladder at least, or if its been goin on for awhile. Today I saw a group of three guys dealing out hundreds of duped Hr's/Ists on ladder. They were trading 5 hr's for forts and such, really rediculous deals. I was unfortunate enough to attain an Ist, that promptly dissapeared two games later. I found them again in another game, and they straight up told me they were duped. Has this been going on for awhile on ladder? This would be my first time encountering this, this ladder season. I'm still pretty steamed about loosin the items I did ><
Termerus - 30 Charger
Nx-ZealCleric - 14 Zealer
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject:  

from what iv known its been goin on for a while....my friend had a lad soj poof on him about 2 weeks ago....from what i can tell duping has been going on for about a month on lad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject:  

That sucks. Boy I hate the lamers of Bnet.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
wake-up

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject:  

Bnet would be soo much better off without duped items...I have a lot of nice items nobody wants because the duped rares everywhere are better.
Not to mention a LOT fewer HLDs would have BOTDs and enigmas so my mlds and llds would do alot better! Laughing
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject:  

lol...so im not the only person that thinks dupes are totally retarted
You're a stupid thread.

skygoneblue

BNet Acct/Realm: I hate pwned.nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject:  

Eh, you people are ungrateful. Without dupers, none of you would have a Breath of the Dying or Enigma, period. They make a nearly impossibly challenging game fun. Lighten up.

In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this mother----er down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother----er down!
Moos3d

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject:  

How do you know how hard it would be without dupers? No one at all has every played bnet without duping because it has never existed.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject:  

Go play single player, and tell me if you find a high rune. You could play for 3 years, never find a high rune. Ok now, lets say there are 10,000 people just like you... and 20 find ONE high rune. Ok, there is 10 enigs or ebotd... 10 out of 10,000. Dupers allowed d2 to be fun, or else only the people with extreme ammount of cash (remember WF sold for 500 dollars on ebay at one point) would be godly.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject:  

duping makes people spoiled.

i find +1 cold 20 life gc and what am i? happy.
i show to friend, what does he call me? noob.

Daemon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

there are those who don't use dupes and it seems the number is growing. Baronkarlriche from bnet started up his own legit trading forum:

http://redwoodtower.com/baronsbazaar/index.php?act=idx

Lots of good guys over there who don't use any dupes at all. Pretty nice site I use it often. Just make sure to read the rules first before asking for some items, they have a very strict list of things that cannot be traded or sought out. Anyways have a look and enjoy.
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Go play single player, and tell me if you find a high rune. You could play for 3 years, never find a high rune. Ok now, lets say there are 10,000 people just like you... and 20 find ONE high rune. Ok, there is 10 enigs or ebotd... 10 out of 10,000. Dupers allowed d2 to be fun, or else only the people with extreme ammount of cash (remember WF sold for 500 dollars on ebay at one point) would be godly.

eh...thats what ladder seasons are for...u sit around and do forge runs until u have enuff runes to morph em high enuff to make an enigma...rinse and repeat

duping is retarted and for lamers who are obsessed with d2 and see no better way to express their own personal talents

You're a stupid thread.

skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject:  

Do you own any high runes? Any SoJs? If so, you're doing nothing to show that you're against duping unless you are 100% sure that everything you own is legit.

In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this mother----er down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother----er down!
Pikkon85

BNet Acct/Realm: Missouri
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject:  

Me and my friend have made all our own nigma's, hoto/s, old stones. Duping just ruins the economy. Thats why soj's are back now cause they figured out how to dupe them again like in the old .09 days. Confused
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject:  

Duping does ruin this game. People say "Well it makes it fun" just because they want all the end game content like Enigma and BotD with little to no work at all. Those were supposed to be rare for a reason. Uniques have pretty much no value at all anymore and most charms, rares, etc are also worthless unless they are practically perfect. If you want everyone to have equal gear regardless how much time they put into the game, go play an RTS or FPS where it is all skill. RPGs are obviously not for you.

There are ways to get HRs, like forge rushing with friends. Seriously, how sad is it that when I finally find a Ber rune it is still worthless? The Ber rune I found sits proudly in my Enigma next to the only possibly duped rune I own being the Jah. My CtA is made entirely out of runes I've found or cubed from runes I've found. It's possible, it just takes some *gasp* work.

skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject:  

Well, Phyre, I see your point, but where do you draw the line with game delinquence? You say that duping is bad, but you then propose a method involving "cheating" the game by rushing people through all the acts to earn your wealth. I know that rushing is generally seen as no big deal, but from the perspective of a purist (or a Blizzard developer), I doubt that this is what they had in mind.

Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: