LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:19 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Advice for VLLD Keeker!
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
skygoneblue

BNet Acct/Realm: I hate pwned.nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject:  Advice for VLLD Keeker!  

What's up guys. I have been a big fan of kickers as of late, and I was really wanting to make a VLLD kicker using Dragon Talon.
I have some thoughts laid out, but I can't quite put all the pieces together, so I thought I might ask the gurus for some advice.

Ok, so my skill plan is to do something like this:
9 Dragon Talon
1 Claw Mastery (prereq)
3 Burst of Speed
7 Psychic Hammer (Unless Fireblast is a better idea, but I don't think it is)

The gear is where I am having a bit of trouble. I'm not sure how familiar you guys are with kicks, but the usual "popular" mods like +max damage, adds X damage, etc don't transfer to kicks, so I am somewhat at a loss for what to use for socketing, or what to use for gear in the first place. I was thinking that using Flawed Rubies would be my best bet At 17 life a piece, they give more bang for their buck than adding Flawed Amethysts for STR to wear my gear. Anyway, here is what I was thinking so far:

Helm: Mask or Crown (?) w/ 3x Flawed Rubies
Armor: Breast Plate w/ 3x Flawed Rubies
Gloves: Sigon's Gage (good STR bonus, and good IAS when used with boots)
Belt: Death's Guard
Boots: Sigon's Sabot (hella good kick damage, and gives the IAS bonus to gloves to hit kicking breakpoint)

That much I am pretty sure is good, but the remaining gear is still hazy to me.

Shield: A lot of people say to use Pelta Lunata, but Umbral Disk looks like a much better shield to me as it has a better block rate, and even adds 10 Dex to increase your chance to block - can someone explain? Socket?

Weapon: Any weapon with base weapon speed of -10 or better will work. I started out thinking about Blade Talons, but why? I won't get skills from them, and I can get 3 sockets at most.

I don't know whether I should just focus on a weapon like CrushFlange or Gnasher (even though I would need more IAS) to get a bunch of CB and OW, or should I just get a 6-socket Military Pick and throw a bunch of Flawed Gems (which?) into it? I know the elemental damage would transfer to kicks, so it is really just a question of which is more effective - CB and OW, or lots of elemental damage:

18-30 Cold Damage with Sapphires
120 Poison over 4 seconds with Emeralds
30-40 Fire Damage with Rubies
6-84 Lightning Damage with Topazes
But which one to pick? Lightning seems like a good choice, but Poison could be good for squirmy characters as well. So many choices!
Note: I am pretty sure the AR from Amethysts would not transfer to kicks, so those would be wasted in a Military Pick IMO. Which brings me to my next problem...

Rings: Nagels were an obvious choice, but I don't think that the AR transfers to your kicks...so now what? Should I just look for rares that add to STR? Life? Resists? I figured that just using my stat points to get my STR and DEX to where I needed them was a better idea than getting STR and DEX on my gear and putting more points into life because I can easily get a TON more life with a Flawed Ruby than I can with the points I would have saved.

Well, these are my thoughts so far. I would love to hear what you guys have to say about my build so far. Thanks in advance for any advice! Smile
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject:  

In light of my own rambling, I discovered what seems to be a really good weapon for a vlld kicker:

Blood Crecent
Scimitar
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 21
Durability: 22
Base Weapon Speed: [-20] <---Sweet! I can hit the last breakpoint easily!
+60-80% Enhanced Damage (varies)
33% Chance Of Open Wounds <---Very nice!
15% Increased Attack Speed <---This will let me use Bloodfist instead of Sigon's Gage (at the cost of 10 STR)
15% Life Stolen Per Hit <---Dunno if this works much in vlld, but it can't hurt!
All Resistances +15 <---Not complaining
+15 To Life <---Hell yeah dude!
+4 To Light Radius <---Meh, you can't have ALL good mods! Smile

What do you guys think?
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject:  

i have no expertise on kickers at all, but i do know the 15% LL will make no difference at all. you need around 60+ LL for there to even be a noticeable life gain.

skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for the input bro! I guess I wasn't wrong in saying that it wouldn't hurt! Laughing

Now that I look at my gear, I think I have most of it already, so I should be able to put her together pretty quickly.

I think that all I need is

Blood Crecent - Scimitar
Bloodfists
Umbral Disk
4-5 Flawed Rubies

If you would like, I can share my experiences with her when I get her all together and earn some ears! Smile
Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject:  

search for jerkazoids everything to do with vlld post and theres a guide for vlld kickers in there.
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject:  

Use a crushflange as a main weapon and switch to blood crescent when their life gets low. Remember, you can only hit 7 frame kicks with claw class weapons X_X

skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
Use a crushflange as a main weapon and switch to blood crescent when their life gets low. Remember, you can only hit 7 frame kicks with claw class weapons X_X

Whoa, unless I have been taught way wrong, that is just totally not true. There is a huge IAS table that lists base weapon speeds, burst of speed levels, and IAS needed to reach a 7-frame initial kick - claws have nothing to do with it.

And on that note, Crushflange is way slow. First of all, it is a base weapon speed of [0], so that makes it impossible for a level 9 kicker to hit the 7-frame bp with it. Even with a level 4 Burst of Speed (doable), you still need another 39 IAS on your gear to hit that breakpoint. Sigon's Gloves or Death's will give 30 of that. To get it, I would have to sacrifice some major gear.

Blood Crecent on the hand is already a [-20] weapon, so with only a level 1 Burst of Speed, I only need 30 IAS to hit the 7-frame bp. With a level 3 Burst of Speed (which I planned on having at least), I wouldn't even need any IAS from gloves because of the 15 IAS on the weapon itself. Blood Crecent hits the last bp easily, trust me.

Why use Crushflange over it anyway? I thought Crushing Blow was really crappy in PvP (either 1/8 or 1/10). Wouldn't Open Wounds just get the job done faster anyway, and with less hassle over IAS gear?
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject:  

skygoneblue wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:

Whoa, unless I have been taught way wrong, that is just totally not true. There is a huge IAS table that lists base weapon speeds, burst of speed levels, and IAS needed to reach a 7-frame initial kick - claws have nothing to do with it.

And on that note, Crushflange is way slow. First of all, it is a base weapon speed of [0], so that makes it impossible for a level 9 kicker to hit the 7-frame bp with it. Even with a level 4 Burst of Speed (doable), you still need another 39 IAS on your gear to hit that breakpoint. Sigon's Gloves or Death's will give 30 of that. To get it, I would have to sacrifice some major gear.

Blood Crecent on the hand is already a [-20] weapon, so with only a level 1 Burst of Speed, I only need 30 IAS to hit the 7-frame bp. With a level 3 Burst of Speed (which I planned on having at least), I wouldn't even need any IAS from gloves because of the 15 IAS on the weapon itself. Blood Crecent hits the last bp easily, trust me.

Why use Crushflange over it anyway? I thought Crushing Blow was really crappy in PvP (either 1/8 or 1/10). Wouldn't Open Wounds just get the job done faster anyway, and with less hassle over IAS gear?

neither CB or OW weapons should be used unless your fighitng somethign like a smiter (edit wrong. i myself now use a gnsaher to open the duel, then switch to talons) ,, although the kick speed is not limited by the item type. but the tigerstrike is. Tguy might be mistaking kick speed with what i said about claw swiping

with no wepaon u can TS at 6 frames with bos 4 and 30ias, this can be good unless u have a good weapon.. and i always recomend a silver blade talons of amplify wich can be shopped for. and hope u get 2 socks for amythysts (edit: AR in weapons DOES NOT XFER TO KICK AR)

the only way my kicker stands a chance at decent vlld is to use the TS charges +kick feature. this is why i never recomend the 8 frame TS swip, its very important to take adavatnge of hitting more then your opponents. so never use anything but claws (blade talons to be specific) and get 7 frame CLAW SWIPING

by using 3 charges of slvl 9 tiger strike she hits 300-500 kick dmg with sigons boots . the good news is those charges can stay for multiple kicks. they dont neccesaerly realese instantly.

its that feature alone that makes the 9 kicker work. as she hits 2-6 times with only 1 set of charing up.. not to mention her AR is usually HUGE bc of sigons gear and her def is 500+

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Sat May 21, 2005 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject:  

the gear if i can remember was pretty decent and very cheap to my experiment which was in norm not past a1 and got most goodies to past half life...

flawed rubie sigs helm
4x flawed ruby goth rmor
-15% 172 ar blade talons
sigs gloves
sigs boots
deaths belt
4stat/ar ring and another 4 stat/ar ring
pelta will do fine with dtm jewel.

it's a pretty cheap set up

and for skills you'll want
2Bos
9ts
9dt
or something liek that, i nkow tehre's mastery... but the mastery helps too becuase of the %+ it gives to ar... ar isn't a problem on kickers, it's sooooo huge it's not even funny.
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid - For Silver (adding AR) Blade Talons of Amplify, do you mean CTC Amplify Damage on striking? Don't people consider Amp BM?

Thanks for the advice GodsLLD! I don't really have any good claws to socket, but I'll keep an eye out for em! Smile
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ_llds wrote:
the gear if i can remember was pretty decent and very cheap to my experiment which was in norm not past a1 and got most goodies to past half life...

flawed rubie sigs helm
4x flawed ruby goth rmor
-15% 172 ar blade talons
sigs gloves
sigs boots
deaths belt
4stat/ar ring and another 4 stat/ar ring
pelta will do fine with dtm jewel.

it's a pretty cheap set up

and for skills you'll want
2Bos
9ts
9dt
or something liek that, i nkow tehre's mastery... but the mastery helps too becuase of the %+ it gives to ar... ar isn't a problem on kickers, it's sooooo huge it's not even funny.

2 Questions:

Can you give me an example of what to look for in those rare state/ar rings? How much AR is good? Stats?

Also, Why not put -15 reqs in the Gothic Armor instead of the claws?
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject:  

rings = 4 stats as ideal, with more then 50ar for godly

meaning +2 str AND +2 dex and anywhere from, 50-75+ ar would be a great find.

u dnot need to -rew the gothic bc u will have 70 str after sigons gloves.. this is for wearing gothics,,, or a -30% ancient armor.. and sigons boots.

i put a -15% in the claw to save 5 dex. bc a talon requires 50/50 and u only need 45 dex with pelta lunata.

skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

That makes sense now. I was thinking that Gothic Plates required 100 STR - only 70.

Have you guys ever been rushing and a book didnt drop for you in Radament's quest? I didn't have the quest, but no book dropped for me. Sad
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject:  

if you do it in a game where the quest has already been done, it wont drop.

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject:  

and you have to by near to rad when whoever you have rushing you kills him.

[Important Links]
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: