LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 15, 2024 3:21 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
This is something you should see
Page 1 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject:  This is something you should see
Subject description: I found this earlier...

http://movieforumz.com/showthread.php?t=77270

thats the link to a forum i use to watch movies. i found this particular movie about 2 hours ago. I cannot express how I feel right now after watching it. I do want you all to see this if you can. I am so close to crying its hard to breathe.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/young/likens/1.html

thats the link to the actual story, the movie was changed slightly but the effect remains the same.

very rarely am I moved to this point by watching a movie, or reading a story. i thought it important you see this. dont know why. i just have to put this out there. maybe its to share the horror, idk... just watch it and tell me what you think/feel.
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject:  

this movie is disturbing as hell, but the soundtrack really detracted from it. They could have left out the music at certain parts entirely. It made it sorta cheesy and had less of an impact.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject:  

Our system of justice horribly fails too often, in my opinion. There should be some crimes for which "repentance" and "rehabilitation" should not be an option. Also disgusting is the fact that many friends, neighbors, and people of standing within society (nurses, ministers) all had an opportunity to see what was happening and intervene, and none of them did anything.

The psychology of this case is fascinatiing. Everything else is fucking disgusting. It's a lesson in personal responsibility, and peoples' willingness to fall into a mob mentality. Those kids dehumanized the girl, and used the crutch of "an adult says it's okay" to do things no human should ever see as acceptable to do to another human. And the mother was clearly a serious mental trainwreck, judging by her life before, during, and after the event.

As a rule of thumb, ALWAYS speak up when you think something is wrong. Always. Better to be wrong and feel stupid, then to say nothing and let something like this happen. I'd be curious to hear what happened with those neighbors, who saw so many things that seemed wrong, but never did anything about it. They basically sat next door and lived their lives as a young girl was brutally tortured and murdered.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject:  

i would have guessed florida or germany.. but it was Indianapolis, Indiana

studing the pathology of Gertrude Baniszewski, her torture, the relationships and lives of the parents and follow the cycles and patterns of their lifestyle.

its rare to see the human psyche enlighten spontaneously. a child abused and victimized can either become a victim and invoke victimization in those used to it, or turn into an abuser themselves.

makes you wonder why civil liberties of such individuals SHOULD NOT be infringed upon. the entire family should have been, and should continue to be investigated. but there is no money in the documented procedures of prevention when it comes to severe abuse/addiction etc,
(the pill popping pharmaceutical industry just medicates with over or wrongly diagnosed and only when someone visits a doctor usually under qualified to assess treatment). so a free-market libertarian society has no measures to prevent the abundance of prisoners and addicts ever growing, ever recycling the patterns.

what right-to-life would a child deserve if it was to endure this?
truly the saddest thing i have had to know about in months

the cycle goes on, no help, no treatment.. no change
"Coy Hubbard was later charged and acquitted of the murder of two men"
"Coy Hubbard has been in and out of prison since his release."
(its just coincidence im sure)
"John Baniszewski has changed his name to John Blake; he is married and the father of three children"
(im sure they are a perfect family)

Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject:  

yea, it was kinda disgusting to read that article afterwards, and how it described some of the people as "happily married" and one even became a school teacher of all things

MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject:  

good flick man, thanks for the link. I cant say i was holding back tears so much as i was enraged by what happened. Read up on Milgram's prison experiment, and Milgram's shock experiment for some info on the psychology related to this case.
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject:  

I lol'd.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
I lol'd.

Your one sick individual if you are serious. And im not joking a bit when I say you really are a sick person if you laugh at that.

God how sick... I hope that the people who do that sit in a intertal hell that keeps doing that. An eye for a eye... The human mind is so warped at times....

Such a pretty girl too. What a shame to do that to someone... Anyone..
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject:  

Rhamax wrote:
Vixen wrote:
I lol'd.

Your one sick individual if you are serious. And im not joking a bit when I say you really are a sick person if you laugh at that.

God how sick... I hope that the people who do that sit in an eternal hell that keeps doing that. An eye for a eye... The human mind is so warped at times....

Such a pretty girl too. What a shame to do that to someone... Anyone..

fixed and vouch. i dont understand what goes through peoples' heads sometimes...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject:  

Rhamax wrote:
Your one sick individual if you are serious.

How long have you been on these boards, dude? Vixen just says whatever he thinks will get the biggest rise out of people. That's just... the way he is.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Vixen

7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject:  

But seriously though... you cried to that?

Roflrwanda.

But yes in all seriousness I found it entertaining, the only bad part was that there were no cigarette burn tattoo pictures to play connect the dots with.

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
But seriously though... you cried to that?

Roflrwanda.

But yes in all seriousness I found it entertaining, the only bad part was that there were no cigarette burn tattoo pictures to play connect the dots with.

You are an awful person.

I dont understand why the boy didnt go to the police and tell them that they had her locked in their basement and were beating her. He called the cops in and they just like looked around upstairs a bit. If he had told them downstairs, most of that could have been avoided.

That was pretty disgusting though...

1,000th post on 12/12/07
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject:  

I dont care how long vixens been here... Its not funny when to make fun of torture....

And the reason why he didnt tell the police is because simply he was afraid. You have a 13 year old boy who just witnessed a girl and actually more, his friend, get tied up, naked, raped, burned, cut, beaten. Now think about it, he goes and tells the police, they dont find her, they find out he told the police, do you think he wants that to happen to him? Fear can shut people up.

Sorry about the misspelling, it was late, i was tired lol.

For some reason this moved me more than hostel did. Probobly because of the fact that its much more realistic...
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject:  

Rhamax wrote:
I dont care how long vixens been here... Its not funny when to make fun of torture....

I never said he was funny. Frankly, Vixen's been a major douchebag as long as I've been here. Always has been. He's just one of those people. My point is to just let that stuff roll off.

There are always people in life who say and do unpleasant things either because they revel in making people uncomfortable, or they're simply assholes. I don't know/care which of those Vixen happens to be. But I do know that there's absolutely no point to paying him any mind. Just shake your head, pray he never reproduces, and move on with things.
Vixen

7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
Rhamax wrote:

I never said he was funny. Frankly, Vixen's been a major douchebag as long as I've been here. Always has been. He's just one of those people. My point is to just let that stuff roll off.

There are always people in life who say and do unpleasant things either because they revel in making people uncomfortable, or they're simply assholes. I don't know/care which of those Vixen happens to be. But I do know that there's absolutely no point to paying him any mind. Just shake your head, pray he never reproduces, and move on with things.

Curses, i've been exposed!

Damn you Dao Jones! You'll pay for this... you haven't seen the last of meeeeeeeeeee /sucked into another dimension.

I don't see how you people don't find it entertaining? Do none of you watch "Jackass"? Some of the crap they do could be considered torture.

This story is just Jackass on steroids.. amped up torture, amped up funny.

Discuss.

Page 1 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: