LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 4:38 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
A whole new world of LLD'ers
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject:  A whole new world of LLD'ers
Subject description: So whats new?

So just curious, how has LLD changed recently? What are the 'norms' now-a-days, such as damage, character types, skills, etc. Please note, it's been about two years since I even touched D2, so I'm pretty behind the times right now.

Figured I'd maybe ask a few questions, maybe get back into D2.

So, are level 9 Assassins still abundant and easy to make?

Is there a new 'cookie-cutter' build now-a-days, besides the usual Sacrifice Paladin (Level 9), Zealot (12 or 1Cool, TS Assassin (Level 9), Hammerdin (Level 30, because of Spirits coming out), etc.

Is it even worth attempting to start again, or would I be so far behind that it would be pointless?

What is the most common level dueler now?

Which realm would be my best bet, West or East? I don't intend on causing a debate with this question, just curious as to where most of the LLD'rs are now.

Can't seem to think of anymore questions, maybe as I get some replies I'll ask a few. Also, any new info would be a major help.

Much love ~Snuggles.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Sloxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject:  

I just recently started playing d2 again this ladder - after not playing for 6+ years - and less than a month ago tried out LLD for the first time.

I'm no expert - but I definately wouldn't say you are "too far behind" - if I can pick it up anyone can - especially if you have prior knowledge of LLD.

With that said - while I would love to see another LLD'er on west ladder - it's far from the most active.
Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject:  

I'm bored, so I'll try to answer.
-I see TS sins more than any other lvl 9. They're still "easy" to build, but the quality of vlld has gone up, IMO, so it'd be tough to compete with the elites
-15 regen smiters are fairly common now, as are lvl 30 FB/es sorcs. In fact, I'd say 30 FB is the "new" cookie cutter. That, and lvl 21 zealots. There are also a lot more WW barbs than there used to be.
-I'd say lvl 30's are the most common now
-There are quite a few "LLDers" on West NL. Whether the majority of them are 'likeable' is another question, but there are a handful that are fun to be around.

Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:  

Chewie wrote:
-There are quite a few "LLDers" on West NL. Whether the majority of them are 'likeable' is another question, but there are a handful that are fun to be around.

Yea, it was like that way on E/Sc/L and E/Sc/NL too. Whole reason I quit LLD'ng. I'm honestly hoping to find some older players who still play, maybe a few people who remember me.

Also, Sloxx, as Chewie stated, when I said behind I meant to hang with the elites. I'm sure there are plenty of level 9's with 14 max jewels all over. I remember when only one person was like that, and B[X]s mini-sacadin, heh.

I figured TS asn's would be fairly common still, pretty simply build to LLD with, even in Sigons. I was thinking of just starting off with a TS Asn, and finally working my way up to a 9 jabber, once I can afford the jewels and shield and boots and belt...well...probably a few years from now, but you get he idea.

15 Regen Smiters? Interesting, I never remember any of them, maybe one or two level 30's. I'm assuming it has something to do with a new runeword? Same with the 30 fb sorc. I remember using a +3fb/+2fire skills Leaf staff on my 30 sorc, haha. Sucks to hear they are a cookie-cutter now. Must make Mei feel bad using BBQBQ and being called CC now.

21 Zealots, only saw very few of them around. I guess cause 18 was the most common zealot level at the time. Guess the level went up recently.

As for WW Barbs, do they still do the usual dual Bloodletters, or one Bloodletter and a nice rare?

Kinda glad to hear there are more 30's out, since thats mainly what I did.

Also, just curious. Who has the top Necro on East and on West now? I remember Knarls used to be the best on West, if I remember correctly. And I doubt anyone has ever been able to surpass TheScarsOfTime.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:  

-WW barbs use a range of things now: Robonaga/honor naga, duped swords, b letters. Naga is the most common right now I think.
-Kinda tough to say who's the best nec on west, we don't NvN as much as we used to. Plus, since the ladder reset, half of them are hellrushed, while half are not. The top ones I've seen in terms of mix of skill and gear krajee, viet, oleo, maybe 1 or 2 others that I'm forgetting. I can beat those guys in a duel, but my items suck compared to theirs.

Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject:  

Mr.Snuggles wrote:
What is the most common level dueler now?

On USEast Non-Ladder, I've mostly seen cookie cutter builds that consists of:

Level 15: Replenish Smiters
Level 18: Zealots, Kickers
Level 30: Hammerdins, Smiters, and Fire Sorceress

(not sure if I'm correct since I'm not that active on b.net anymore)
InspectorOfBalls

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject:  

Europe ladder is a whole world of its own: lots of lvl 29 and 49 dueling but very little 9s and 18s. I made a bunch of level 18 llds and ive dueled only 2-3 that have consistently beat me. Pubbys are as bm as ever and only a charger is worth playing against the runners. Even so I still think its lots of fun. If your starting from scratch, Europe ladder offers tons of easy duels.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject:  

Useast NL is still very active. More 18s and 30s, some 15s too, but less lvl9s.

Pretty much every build is "cookie cutter" now, the "NEW BUILD!!!" people now attempts usually sucks. After all there are only so many builds and it's been so long.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

Mr.Snuggles wrote:
I'm honestly hoping to find some older players who still play, maybe a few people who remember me.
I wouldn't forget you...I got my cd keys from you.

If you want to get into dueling quickly, east l or nl would be your best bet. For west nl, more likely than not you'll have to know some people to get some good duels in. I know nothing of west l, so possibly waramp will have to fill you in.

FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:

Pretty much every build is "cookie cutter" now, the "NEW BUILD!!!" people now attempts usually sucks. After all there are only so many builds and it's been so long.

ummmm nty, gandhi = best melee, ghostsin = awesomesauce caster Wink

But yea, pretty much the ONLY new llds you will see floating around now are:

30 hdins
30 fb sorcs
18 zealots
occasionally kickers

No one wants to experiment and think "outside the box" anymore, they all just want to know "what is the best and cheapest lld char and how do i make it???". Very disappointing actually....

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
I know nothing of west l, so possibly waramp will have to fill you in.

i just finished my first llder about a week ago, and have used it twice. i havent seen/dueled any real llders yet. lvl 30 staff sorcs, walking hammerdins, stuff like that mostly.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject:  

FudGe wrote:
meitou wrote:

ummmm nty, gandhi = best melee, ghostsin = awesomesauce caster Wink

30 hdins
30 fb sorcs
18 zealots
occasionally kickers

No one wants to experiment and think "outside the box" anymore, they all just want to know "what is the best and cheapest lld char and how do i make it???". Very disappointing actually....

Haha yeah, Gandi sorc will never be a cookie cutter build, cause it can only be a hard piece of cookie...
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject:  

come to east ladder Smile

you wont be far behind with a few exceptions. If you do decide to play east ladder i can prob hook u up with some lld or hl mfer stuff to start you off.

I helped Will out a bit when he started playing again just a few days ago.

As for cookie cutter builds....

lvl 30 h dins (most suck, some are very good)
lvl 30 fire sorcs (not as many)
Sooooo many lvl 18 zealots... i need to make my lvl 18 concer to pwn them...
as for vllds its mainly jabbers...

i havent llded in a while tho, so this might not be the most "up to date" list.

Anyways if u do come lld, come to East Ladder. pm me or add *Mimes. (with period) and *Mimes-LLD

ill prob come on in a little bit.
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject:  

InspectorOfBalls wrote:
Europe ladder is a whole world of its own: lots of lvl 29 and 49 dueling but very little 9s and 18s. I made a bunch of level 18 llds and ive dueled only 2-3 that have consistently beat me. Pubbys are as bm as ever and only a charger is worth playing against the runners. Even so I still think its lots of fun. If your starting from scratch, Europe ladder offers tons of easy duels.

not that many 29lvl duelers @ euro anymore, at least not in the ladder

MiKTeX

BNet Acct/Realm: HAHA JK MY GOOD ACCS GOT BANNED
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject:  

FudGe wrote:

30 hdins
30 fb sorcs
18 zealots
occasionally kickers

Don't forget 30 charge on that list. Those builds are pretty much the cookiest cutters you'll see.

The Future of LLD101
skulls wrote:
Now you know the reason why only a very few of the over 4000 members participate in arena dueling..most are to fat and slow to be any good

Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: