LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 11:47 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Pally LLD?
Page 1 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Wrayth

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject:  Pally LLD?  

Ok, I'm not sure yet if I want to make a Sac-Din or a Zealer, and I understand both would require different levels. I'm leaning towards Zealer, though.

I've currently got a lvl 1 pally, almost all hell rushed.

Gear wise, I've got:

Twitch
Deaths Sash, Deaths Touch
Angelic Rings x2
Clegs

I have a 17ed/15 max jewel, a 13 max/11 cr jewel, and some other decent max dmg jewels.

I'm still looking to get:
Angelic Ammy
Cow Kings Boots
BSoD or 4 socket pally shield with AR/Damage

My questions (gear related) are:
What kind of helmet should I use? I've seen some guides saying to use a Mask, but why not go for a Crown?
Should I try to find a BSoD or a 4 Sock Shield? If 4 Sock Shield, what is the minimum AR/Damage I should look for, and what type of shield is best (so I know what to look for).

I know I should try to minimize points in stats other than Vit, so I'll be trying to do that as much as possible with items.

Is there anything I need to keep in mind as I'm doing this?

Now, skills-wise I'm leaning towards:
Max Sacrifice
4 Zeal
1 Holy Freeze

Now, I have several +max +ar scs/gcs, level 21 req. Is a lvl 21 zealer still ok for LLD? Or should I stay at 18? And are poison SCs worth using? Should I use +max jewels, or +ed?

Sorry for so many questions, but i'm really new to this, and am hoping to do well and learn a lot from my first LLD Smile

Thanks!
Fantasy

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject:  

The reason people choose mask is due to the low str req. Your paly might have enough str to wear crown, but you want to be able to reuse the helm in case you dont want to keep your paly one day.
About the 4 sockets shield, the minimum you should get imo is 50%ed/90+ar. Of course if you find one that has 60%+ ed and 100+ ar, by all mean use it.
Depending on the build, you will want to be either lvl 18 or 21. Just a question of prefference i guess. My paly dont deal much poison dmg since imo, paly attack fast with zeal and dont have time to wait for the poison to finish. So either go all out with other elemental dmg or just stick with max.
The ed bonuses you get from sac and zeal should be enough, so just use max jewels. Since ed/max and ed/min are bugged right now in armors, I would be really careful in using your 17ed/15max. Best place for it is in your weapon.

Wrayth

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject:  

Ok, should I use my Clegs, or look for a different weapon? If so, what kind of weapon?
Saytun

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject:  

Well its looked down on to hell rush characters other than level 9's but as theres never any tourneys I guess thats your choice for pubby games.

Gear questions:
Definetly look for a 4 socket shield with ed/ar ( anything around 55%ed/100+ar is decent) 4 max jewels in there. Type of shield depends really on your str reqs. Personally i believe Crown shields to require too much str and prefer Heraldic or Aerin shields.
Helm again depends on str, Superior Crown will be around 50 defence but needs 55 str. If your using a war scepter you'll need 55 str anyway so its worth getting the few extra defence instead of a lowly mask.
Skills either high zeal for better attack rating or high sacrifice for the synergy, remembering points in sacrifice gives more zeal damage than points in might. 1 point in might is enough for most cases. Holy freeze although looks tempting is quite bad mannered in my opinion, i see that as bad as using slow opponent items such as clegs.
Charms available at 21 makes you more in the section of duelers as the 27+'s. 21's have quite an advantage over 18's even tho its just 3 levels. Whole new charm range to choose from.

Rest of gear looks ok, stick a max jewel in twitch/clegs sword etc and you should do ok.

Saytun

Saytun

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject:  

Lol basically posted the same ideas Fantasy Wink You just finished your post quicker than me lol

Wrayth

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject:  

See, I don't really know of any ladder tournies or anything, so I'd probably just be doing pubbies.

I'll go 18 for now, then maybe up to 21 or so if I feel the need down the line.

What is recommended, a War Scepter or Clegs? Is the deadly strike really worth it?
Saytun

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject:  

Well ive always been using war scepters but you'll need to find good +skills on it for it to be better than a 6 socket military pick or clegs.
Look for +zeal / +concentration / +might on a 5 socket war scepter, preferably superior.
Great thing about war scepters is they can save you many skill points which you can invest elsewhere. My current one is +3 zeal meaning i only need 1 point in the skill to reach 5 hits. The one im now about to finish jeweling up is +3 zeal, +1 concentration so I wont need a single point in any aura either so i can pump up sacrifice for greater damage.
But for a cheap alternative a max jeweled cleg sword or a 6 socket military pick is quite adequate for most opponents.

Saytun

matic_random

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast -usWest [NL] Unknown Legends Crew
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject:  

all above is nice tips i presonaly use scepters too,i would sugest scepts 4 all but if cant find one go with either mil pick or cleg cause i have friend that can kill me usin gleg witch is pretty damn cool

nationalsigleague.com
retired lvl18 palie
Saytun

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject:  

Are you talking about Atomics pally with the Clegs? Wink
Yeah they can be effective, ive also seen v1.09 Azurewrath using pallys do ok with a max damage setup.

matic_random

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast -usWest [NL] Unknown Legends Crew
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject:  

yea atomics palie is amazingly tuff and he usin clegs,ewww but wow

nationalsigleague.com
retired lvl18 palie
Arcane[hoh]

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast - KY
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject:  

clegs is just soo fast, ive been huntin for a scepter to replace my pick for the past 2 weeks..still no luck. the hunt continues.

ISO:
ethereal swordback(prefferably with full durability)
eth\repair rare crown\great helm, 120+def with life\fhr\res\2sockets
13+life\def(4-8 def only, lvl 17) scs'

paying in currencies
miataspeeder

BNet Acct/Realm: Arkansas USEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject:  

Arcane[hoh] wrote:
clegs is just soo fast, ive been huntin for a scepter to replace my pick for the past 2 weeks..still no luck. the hunt continues.

Clegs is the same speed as a war septer -10. All -10 weapons hit the same speed with 30 ias from deaths and 20 ias from twitch.

Wrayth

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject:  

So, I got 2 more 15 max jewels, and a 20 max, I'm gonna put the 20 in my twitch. Good idea?
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

yeah, put the 20 max in your twitch unless you're on east NL and want to trade it. msg *matic_random if you do, i'm sure he'd be willing to pay very well for it.

[Important Links]
Wrayth

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject:  

Nah, I'm east Ladder Wink
Page 1 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: