LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 5:28 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
College Life
Page 1 of 5 [69 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:  College Life
Subject description: What a Blast!

I recently moved into my dorm for my Freshman year at college (im going to Virginia Tech), and even after a few days, i'd have to say its the best experience, so far, I've had (absent from sex =b).

im the kind of guy who enjoys meeting new people, as chilched as it may seem. Ive had conversations with virtually everyone in my dorm hall, saw a couple movies with a few guys, and we've already opened a few beers and had a halo tourney on a projector screen in the lounge (our RA was out for 2 hours so we got away with the booze). i also have the luck of having a room alone (my roommate transfered to a different school in the summer).

and there are girls everywhere, even at this supposed "sausagefest school." its not even fair! i have a whole room to myself! imagine the possiblities =b.

granted i have yet to go to class yet (starts on monday), but with football season coming up (our stadium is one of the loudest in the NCCA), and me being very ready to tackle school, I can't see college being the time of my life.

anyone else in/have been through college share the same feelings?
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:  

im starting in about a month at U of Oregon, hopefully it will be as good.

Ras

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rasmaren / EscNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject:  

College rules Smile

Women, liquor, leather, strap-ons, hand-cuffs, whips.

Oh, and Halo 2 Smile Yeah, my college experience has been a blast. Albeit painful sometimes (the whips and such) but it still rules Smile

NightWish

BNet Acct/Realm: Not telling
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:  

I hate it >_>
One of my classes is at 8:40 am Sad gota wake up at 6:30...

Amen to the Women, but not the bondage stuff. or the beer.

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject:  

drinking =)

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
DiPLOMAT

12.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject:  

My cousin, goes to VA tech... maybe you seen her around O.o she's a freshman.

Last edited by DiPLOMAT on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:  

its a good time but don't get too caught up.
Omnipotent Clown

BNet Acct/Realm: *omnptntclwn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject:  

College is awesome. starting my second year at UCSD. Between the surfing, rock climbing, mountain biking, beer bashes, beer pong tourneys, poker beer n chip nights, and occasionally making it to class and scoring just well enough to get B's with the silly professor curves.... I have never been happier. too bad it ends in 3 more years... Crying or Very sad
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:  

Nightwish wrote:
I hate it >_>

Boo hoo. My fall '06 schedule.
A small engineering program results in limited choices (if any) when it comes to selecting class times. Also, if you do the math, that's 8 courses giving 29 hours of in-class time per week yet yielding only 19 credits. I'll thank the higher-ups that decided to drop a 5-year program to a 4-year by reducing the number of credits each class is worth yet keeping them the same length.

Aside from the work, college has been great. I move into my house on the 3rd and can't wait.

[Important Links]
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject:  

DiPLOMAT wrote:
My cousin Brenda Vest, goes to VA tech... maybe you seen her around O.o she's a freshman.

It's a possibility, but tech has like 40k people, so I wouldn't count on it Smile

I just moved in to my apartment yesterday, I've been more concerned with getting things all set up considering I had to move myself and my girlfriend in, than I was with having any form of blast. I went to bad at like 8:30 last night because I had been running off of like 4 hours of sleep a night for the past two weeks.

Also Elusive I go to JMU I'm going to COME BEAT YOU UP. Evil or Very Mad

Elusive wrote:
and there are girls everywhere, even at this supposed "sausagefest school." its not even fair! i have a whole room to myself! imagine the possiblities =b.

Watch out for the herps, man.

My schedule is pretty terrible, though. Calculus II, Organic Chemistry/Lab, Analytical Chemistry/Lab, and Physics II/Lab. Plus I'm (hopefully) going to be a research assistant for one of my teachers.

Quick Tip: From my experience so far, it is much much of a better idea to start your classes at around 9-10, have them all as close together as possible, then just be done with them around 3-4 and have the rest of your day to do whatever. If you start them at like 12 and have them close together, then you run the risk of having lots of annoying night classes in the dead of winter, which sucks.

Whatever you do, don't split your classes up a lot (as in class, 2 hour break, class, 1 hour break, class, 2 hour break, class, 3 hour break, class). You'll see why if you ever do. Sad
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject:  

yeah tech has ilke 28k people this year. my classes are pretty much spaced together in the mid afternoon (10-4) so its not bad. i only have one friday class and its at 11.
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:  

Goky wrote:
my girlfriend

you better fix that problem right now or you can kiss a good college experience good bye
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

I actually know 6 people who attend vtech but are completely unfamiliar with each other. It's not hard, when you think about it, even in a school as small as William and Mary.

I can sympathize, Goky. My schedule is comprised of: Calculus I, Organic Chemistry/Lab, Human Physiology, Drugs and the Brain, and Death and Dying. I am fearing Organic Chem and Drugs and the Brain the most out of those, as I don't have the memory for former (ironically probably due to the latter Razz) and I'm probably too opinionated for the latter (also, I've recently realized that neurosciences classes are really tedious and quite difficult). I am also volunteering at a hospital on the weekends, which'll take out a good chunk of my time, and on top of it all I live with a bunch of atypically alcoholic college slackers who gorge themselves on booze, drugs, girls, and their own filth every chance they get. ><

My conclusion after 14 years of schooling? In this age, "education" is a largely superficial term denoting very little, if anything at all. So with that out of the way, I guess we're in college to have a grand old time. So have a good time while you're at it, mate. Very Happy

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:  

oh my god...what is your major soaring.

my dream job would be a neurochemist. And Drugs and the Brain would be THE most interesting classssss in the world.
Solace

BNet Acct/Realm: West Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
Nightwish wrote:
I hate it >_>

Boo hoo. My fall '06 schedule.
A small engineering program results in limited choices (if any) when it comes to selecting class times. Also, if you do the math, that's 8 courses giving 29 hours of in-class time per week yet yielding only 19 credits. I'll thank the higher-ups that decided to drop a 5-year program to a 4-year by reducing the number of credits each class is worth yet keeping them the same length.

Aside from the work, college has been great. I move into my house on the 3rd and can't wait.

Must be horrible to have late class on Mondays and be off early Fridays Razz

Your time management skills are superb my friend. Well Done.

Page 1 of 5 [69 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: