LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 30, 2024 11:47 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Glass Cannon Guided Arrow Zon
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:  Glass Cannon Guided Arrow Zon
Subject description: Level 30, need Suggestions

Okay, i'm very interested in building a glass cannon-something, and i think i want to make a glass cannon guided arrow zon for a level 30. I have alot of ideas fumbling around, looking for suggestions and comments of any kind.

Note : This is going to be on USEast Nonladder, so for other realm players who want to put in suggestions remember i'll only have access to the items in my realm.

Helm : I'm thinking pcrown or a plain 2 os 30 frw circelt socketed with maxers. Pcrown offers more life/mana/+1 skill, but with the drawback of being only 1 os and 15% frw. The circelt on the other hand allows 30% frw and two sockets. I'm pretty sure both helms are very viable until i find/buy a godly circelt with like +1 zon/+2passive/30frw/2os/life/mana. I'm leaning towards using the 30%frw circelt

Amulet/Rings : Either going to be Imp brow + Dual sojs/Angelics/Imp Brow + Dual Stat rings. The ar given by angelics isnt really needed, however the +rep/life is very handy. Dual stat rings might allow slightly more damage than sojs, but maybe much harder to find. I'm thinking of using imp/dual sojs.

Armor : I can think of a few options here. Stealth, Peace runewords, twitch, or a 3 os/life armor. I've can easily obtain any one of these four armors, but not sure which is Best for my build. Stealth offers more frw; Peace offers +skills and critical; Twitch has dual stats and ias; 3os/life armor gives a nice amount of life and damage. I think i'll be using the 3os/life armor because my damage and life are already very low.

Belt/Gloves : Death Set, gives ias, resists. Alternative might be Knockback/skill/stat gloves with death belts, but i believe death set is much cheaper and much more cost effective.

Boots : Sanders or Cow Kings. I think i'll go with the sanders for the 40 frw.

Weapon : I believe the best weapon for me, will be the Dupe Rune Dart. I can nef it, while using deaths set to obtain a nice fpa. I can alternatively switch to twitch to gain an extra frame, which is helpful athough not entirely necessary. Maybe stash it?

I was talking with atomicman, and he suggested going for an all frw build. Meaning 40x 5% frw scs, 30 frw circelt, 40 frw boots. This speed gives me roughly enough frw to desync very easily, as well near the speed of my own guided arrow.

Stat Placement : Enough strength for gear, zero energy. Now pump the rest into dex or vita? Vita will allow me to survive maybe a few more hits, and dex will give me more damage.

Skill Placement : Max Guided Arrow and it's preqs, one point critical, one point dodge/evade/avoid. Now i'll have alot of skills left over. What should i put them in? More dodge/evade/avoid? Penetrate and piece? Maybe get a point in valk and decoy?

I'm open up to ideas of course, this is just what's on my mind right now.

Oh, before i forget, my friend had a glass cannon GA zon, however he topped out at about 1k dmg, 95%frw, and 400-ish life. That sounds okay, but i seriously doubt the effectiveness of just 95% frw. Atomicman's cser has 130% frw by itself, and i'm sure any other char can easily kill it, which is why i'm considering to go all out frw.

Tridge

BNet Acct/Realm: NO WTO!
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:  

i don't recommend making a DEXTA in 1.11 unless you're pro amapk. lack of pvp leech leaves your margin for error at about zero with a dex/run ama, especially if you're going to probably be at 10 fpa, or top out at 9 (the difference between using *whatever* armor and Twitch).
I'd also opt for a PCrown over a plain 30frw/max circlet.

..and a 72 max/life armor over anything else. The extra frame from twitch is almost negligible and if you're running around with 400 life... Quill Rats are going to trigger FHR on you, let alone any pvp damage.
I'd also opt for IBrow and angel rings over anything but *retarded good* rares. you shouldn't need extra mana from sojs if you're even considering this build, but I suppose one-and-one works if you really don't feel comfortable with a low mana pool. 40 life and 12 rep would be right-about sexy for it though. I'd also do CK boots for the Fire Dmg, but meh.
Try 120 run from charms and fill up on max/lifers and a cold charm. I realize that 120 is going to fill you up using 3%'s, so if you can't get modded 5's, use 100~ run from 3%/mod charms.
Shoot for res/run charms too ~.~

I could go on and on about amapk though, it's all I've been doing since foreva. I'll let you take it though, I can't build your ama for you o_O

oh crap i did just now v_v see below~

ARG: I'm tooling around with this thing, and it *seems* that your best bet is full out max/run charms. anything less than 40x 3/3's or 3/5's and 3/15 mixed in just doesn't have enough damage to justify having <400 life. FYI it was pulling 380 life/1.2k GA with perfect stat items and a hell rush on full dex, and 560 life 1k GA on full vit. I also did a 20x plain 5 run/ 20x 2/xx/15 life sc build using all vit that hit 560 life and 900 GA damage (to see an "average blah charm" build). Keep in mind that your actual numbers will assuredly be lower than these.

Oh, I also put an IthEthEth Arti Kite of Deflect on switch for some dtm/mana regen. It was(is) too early to think about a good switch weapon, so I threw a Tan-Do-Liga on it and called it Not Yellow.

T_T
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject:  

if youre going to use angelic rings with imp just use manald heal rings and get mana regen also =)

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:  

I would use Imp Brow for sure, and either two resist/stat rings or Bitter Hold + a soj. If you don't want to die in a hit or two, that is.

You probably don't need more than 180 FRW. With 150 FRW, you'll be running at non-vigor Charge speed and after that point, the increasingly severe diminishing returns doesn't merit exchanging a bit of speed for some survivability. So up to 150-180 FRW, and 3/xx/15's in place of 5 FRW's, if at all possible; 10/xx/20+'s if not.

max/life armor, as Tridge suggested.

Fully geared, ~55% Crit is plenty, and ~40% Evade/Avoid is enough (one point in Dodge will suffice). After that, put a point into Jab and 1 into Valk, and that should about do it for your points.

I had a similar build to yours, except with much lower FRW but more life since I was on ladder (using max/ar/life sc's instead of 3/20/5's), and she could beat pretty much anyone except a few BM paladins and she was about even with a blizz sorc, so I'm sure with equivalent gear and NL dupes you'll be able to take on most people just as well, if not better.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Irferno

BNet Acct/Realm: irferno + irferno1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:  

helm- id use peasant.. just a personal preference. maxr in it
ammy/ rings- imp and dual stat/sojs which ever u have
boots- cks if your a glass cannon u best to have the dmg to support your low life. keep sanders in stash.
wep- dart is so sexy
charms- frw charms or dex/mod charms<-- prolly resist
armor- id use life/maxr armor as base stash the other 2

I believe a class cannon should 0 in vita other wise it would not be a glass cannon. rest of stats in dex.

max guided as you said, 1 point in crit, not points in penetrate or pierce, valk for a tank, and get each dodge skill as close to 50% dodge as posible more in avoid if needed since you should be runnin alot.

just my take on it.

g/l on your build
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject:  

If i use a peasant, and sanders, thats 55 frw, so i'd want at least 95 more frw. Granted i use max/ar/3%frw's i would need 32 of them to get 150 frw, leaving only 8 spaces left for max/ar/lifer charms. However, i can always use plain 5% frws and only use 20 of them to reach the desired frw, and have 20 spaces left for max/ar/life charms...

The first option gives me more max dmg, but literraly no space left for life charms. Second option gives me more space for life charms, but it might not be enough max damage. If i go with the first option, i'd probably be better off just using 40x max/ar/3%frws. Second option allows me to slowly change the plain frws to max/ar/frws, but i dont believe i have the luxury of time or currency to do that.

About the boots, which would really be better? Sanders gives 10 frw, and ck boots 5 more dex. If its just a choice of preference i'd choose sanders. Or should i?

Also, in the stat placement, vita or dex? Little more damage or a little more surviablity? What amount of life should i at least have?

I was thinking along the lines of getting as much damage as possible, 3 max/xx/3 or 5 frw(most probably 3) scs instead of lifer ones. Should i even consider getting life charms?

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:  

OutlawHeaven wrote:
If i use a peasant, and sanders, thats 55 frw, so i'd want at least 95 more frw. Granted i use max/ar/3%frw's i would need 32 of them to get 150 frw, leaving only 8 spaces left for max/ar/lifer charms. However, i can always use plain 5% frws and only use 20 of them to reach the desired frw, and have 20 spaces left for max/ar/life charms...

Srry man, but 5 frw gives 3 frw, I'm almost 100% positive.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:  

About that,..I've heard mixed answers. Is it really true? I tried googling it but no results.[/i]

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:  

Well there is a few threads about it in general discussion, which led me to believe its true, which really stinks because I'm in the making of a 3/xx/frw with 195 frw, and if 5 actually gave 5, she would have alot more. If I wasnt so lazy I would post the link for yuh. Smile

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: