LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:15 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Poison Javazon?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:  Poison Javazon?
Subject description: help a brother out

just thinking of an interesting lld build (gotta keep making new chars so i dont get completely bored with this game). here is what i have so far:

GEAR (updated):
peasant crown with shael
1 zon ammy with usual mods
peace mage plate
4 jav skill maiden javs
rhyme grim shield
2 jav gloves with usual mods
2x sojs
15%/15 soe or fhr/life rare belt
sander's boots
upgraded rogue's bow with 15 max jewel (or should i nef it for kb?)
all 15 life scs

SKILLS:
4 into prereqs
1 into the 3 evasion skills
1 into guided arrow
20 into poison jav
13 into plague jav

STATS:
the ususal, str for gear, max block, rest vita

begin critique... NOW!

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043

Last edited by Waramp on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:  

Poison Zons are certainly very strong LLDs, and doubly so in team duels. A few modifications, though, if you would:

-Since you're on W/L, you don't have access to any 2 Zon/Resist/Stat duped amulets, so a nice 1 Zon would suffice for now.
-Instead of 3/20 Javs, go for 4 Skill javs, as IAS isn't as imperative for a poison zon as their lightning cousins.
-Use the +2 Zon runeword armor unless you need the resist or rep life in a duel.
-Sigon's shield does give you 1 all skills, but you can find better uses for a shield. Resists, for one, is nice - unless you plan on switching your gear around for each fight, one of your best choices is Rhyme Bone. Low str req, 25 resist all, regen mana, 40/20 mods - tough combo to beat.
-Use 2 Java/10 IAS gloves, with resist and/or rep life, if possible. Really no other choice here.
-Get some FRW charms. While you're playing defensive, using the poison and arrows to chip away at life, a high running speed will save you many unnecessary blows. That's a good thing.
-You may want to get a higher damage bow, or at the very least put a max damage jewel into your current choice. You won't need to shoot fast, you just need to hit once, and have it hit sufficiently hard to take out however much life remains. If your opponent has a lot of DR or even MDR if you have any ele damage from gear, it may negate a low damage weapon like Rogue's Bow.
-String is good, but a 24 FHR/60 Life/Rep Life/Resists belt is almost always better.

You should aim for ~24k or more damage, which you can obtain on ladder.

As for dueling tactics, you will almost always hit first with Poison Jav, aside from luring a skeptical defensive opponent in with negligable GA's. This is because after throwing a Plague Jav, you must wait for a long timer to reset before you can throw one again. So spam Poison Jav/GA till you poison them. After that, there's nothing they can do except charge you in hopes of taking you out before the poison depletes them to 1 life. During this time, you can either a) Stick 'em with a Plague Javelin after Poison Jav has depleted enough life for Plague to take them down to 1, or, b) fall back and annoy the hell out of them with defensive GA until their life is 1. For some characters, it will take multiple poisonings to take their life down completely, such as paladins with Cleansing or high life Barbs and Druids. When their life is low enough, if your GA is strong enough, just shoot at them a few times - they'll die. If your GA isn't strong enough, either try to manage to land a hit with Poison Jav or Lightning Bolt.

You'll beat all but the top duelers with a poison zon, and the poison zon isn't even a popular build. Hope this helped, have fun with her!

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:  

im almost embarrased i forgot about peace Embarassed and i guess if i use rhyme i wont have to worry about cbf on my armor. thanks squirrel, that was very helpful Very Happy

also, i guess i could upgrade a rogue's bow and then put a 15 maxer in it. be better damage and still have 60 ias (will look into other options though)

Last edited by Waramp on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
st-hearts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:  

I'd aim for 52% FHR (6 frame), since most of the time, you're going to be running away and you'll probably have a significant life pool already.

You can't really go wrong either way.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:  

ok, remade my zon on single player with peace mage plate, rhyme grim shield (needed 58 str anyway for my bow), 2 jav skill gloves, 4 jav skill javs, and an up'd rogue's bow with 15 maxer. i have 26.3k poison jav over 70 seconds, 11.6k plauge jav over 12.6 seconds, and 36-88 guided arrow. also, with an fhr belt i'll hit 52 fhr easily anyway, so im with you st-hearts.

also, i noticed that both jav skills give ar bonus. if i hit someone dead on with the jav, but because of my low ar i dont actually hit him, will the psn damage not kick in? or should i just aim at making them run through the poison trails?

one last question (for now) if they're poisoned with poison jav, then they run through a plague jav, does the plague damage replace the remaining poison jav damage? or do i have to wait for the poison jav damage to completely run out before i can re-poison them. (same with if i throw another poison jav i guess, can it re-poison them while they're already poisoned, restarting the timer?)

GT-Pwn

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SC/L *GT-Pwn *GT-DeanoLLD
0.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject:  

Heres how mine lines up. I have done well with her in the last 2 or 3 months. From what i can remember at work...

GT-MelesHateMe

pheasents + pruby \ 30% frw 2x 15 maxer
+1 zon 50 life \40 mana ammy
+3 java skill maidens (waiting on +4s)
peace mage
Sigs shield + deaths belt \ Rhyme + string \ 120 resist shields
+2 java 10ias gloves
2x manald heal rings
sanders boots

Uped nef'ed rouges bow on switch

965 life
34-103 bow dmg
8k pluage
20k psn

maxed plauge
1 in ga
1 in dodge\avoide\evade
peace gives crit strike
1 in pre reqs
rest in psn java

I did 15 3% frw smcs in the invy, rest is 15 lifers. I use rhyme+string vs ww barbs and kicks. Resist shields vs sorcs and wind druids.

Avoid using sojs, yes you get 2k more psn dmg but you will do 0 bow dmg. I used my rings for mass mana regen since she was made for arena. Find a well rounded spot between bow and psn dmg, to much of one will leave you stranded.

This build is prety sucesful for the last 3 months for me. I went like 2 months without ever seeing another person try it, so im glad to see more around.
GT-Pwn

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SC/L *GT-Pwn *GT-DeanoLLD
0.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject:  

Laged double post, pls deleat.
Last edited by GT-Pwn on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: