LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:42 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Critique this VLLD assy build please
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
eAr_gOd

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SCL: eAr_god, eAr_DeViL, ear_ections (shared)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:  Critique this VLLD assy build please  

Hi, some of you may know my level 9 TS assassin, ObiWanShinobi on USeast ladder. Maybe she stands out cuz shes the only vlld that uses blade sentinel =). Strong and stronger vllds are coming up and I don't want to start losing too often so I think I need a remake. Anyhow, I am reconsindering making a min damage build and would like some tips and opinions.

First of all, this is my planned gear:
I have these rare eth/repair blade talons: 22-26 base (unjeweled) damage, 10 ias, AR, etc. Probably will jewel with a 6+ min dmg jewel, 40 str req.
3os Mask: 3x 6+ min dmg jewels or 3os great helm with 3x 4min -15 req jewels (for looks lol cuz great helms do look badass)
4os ancient armor: 4x 4min, -15 req jewels (these are relatively cheap)
pelta with 6+ min
amulet: 5 dex, 7 damage to mana, 14 AR, half freeze
rings: repl, AR, stats

belt: deaths
gloves (main thing im debating on heavily): bloodfist (+5 min dmg, 40 life, 30 fhr), or deaths?

My stats will be (with items on)
40 str (for -60 ancient, eth BT)
45 dex
rest vitality

This will be my skill layout:
9 tiger
4 burst of speed (with bloodfist, or just 1 pt with deaths glove, which I think hits 7 frames but need confirmation cuz i hear calculator can be wrong)
6 claw mastery (or 9 with death glove)
1 blade sentinel

If you haven't seen me duel, the blade sentinel does 3/8 my weapon damage and hovers around back and forth at my opponent for 4 seconds while I melee, causing the other player to fhr/block sometimes or damaging them. Its pretty neat, though I cant say i'm 100% sure i'm better off u sing it than not. But one thing is for sure: when they run/walk to reposition themselves away from BS, I get free hits sometimes or bust out my throw knives.

Should I hit 28 or 48 fhr (28 is covered by Bfists, getting 48 causes me to lose 60 life)
Does anyone have any comments, tips or suggestions (vbsod etc)? ANd mainly, 9 claw mastery with deaths or 6 claw mastery, niice min dmg, and fhr with bloodfist? How much of a blow am I taking from the AR if 3 claw mastery is lost, and how does AR affect chance to hit in vlld (roughly estimated)? If anyone can provide me this information I'd be very grateful.

Necropantser: Lvl 9 Summoner/Sacrifice hybrid necro
ObiWanShinobi: Lvl 9 TS assassin

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject:  

With those (or any) 10ias Blade Talons, I'd use Bloodfists and Death's Sash with a 9/7/4 skill setup. See this post. I don't have any Blade Sentinel experience so that's totally up to you.

With a min damage build, you'll be a bit low on AR. I would go with a pair of 3dex/10FHR boots (with 15AR if you can find 'em) and one FHR/AR GC. This will give you 52 FHR and allow you to hit the 48 FHR BP.
Your other option would be to use Hotspurs and two FHR/AR GCs. With that setup, you'd still hit the 48 FHR BP. The differences would be an increase in AR and a loss of life. Hotspurs give you 15 life but you'd drop two life LCs to do it. In addition to that, you'd lose out on the 3dex from the 3dex/10FHR boots. However, you would gain 1 dex (or strength; and ideally 4 AR) from the SC that you put under the GC. That's a net loss of 21 life but a gain of however much AR your GCs have (pre-skill boost). I like this second option better if you can find two FHR/AR GCs with 30+ AR.

Use a 3x 6+min Mask over a 3x 4min/-req Great Helm. Yes the Great Helm might look a lot nicer but I'd rather look like crap than lose that much damage. You should only really play around with the aesthetics of a character if the loss is marginal, if at all.

[Important Links]
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: