LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon May 20, 2024 1:06 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Best overall LLD build?
Page 5 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject:  

I'll gladly duel a CS zon. Just charge away and hammer. Simple. Zon doesn't chase, stalemate. If zon chases, dead zon. That's IF the zon hurts the hammerdin enough for him to avoid her.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject:  

necros are certainly a top char, tele sorc is their best weakness
hammerdin surely is too, trapper and a great necro being their weakness and even a sorc who is good will go 50-50
sorc is great but you can stack resist or wear +max resist vs them and that's it, plus a hammerdin can 50-50 them at least if they're good without any +max resist.
those 3 are the best ones pretty clearly but when it comes down to it i think a necro can be the best, i dueled vs thor and rancid and vash and meitou's sorcs on my necro and i dueled vs many hammerdins too (some using vigor and some not) and it seems like a necro can beat them but it;s really really hard to beat a cold sorc, hammerdin gets hard unless you have really really high mana and over 25 rep life

and soaring was joking about the zon, just like he was joknig last time he talked about the zon
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:
My hammerdin would also have regenerated to almost full life in that time.

no it wouldn't have, the hammerdin you were on had more life rep than your hammerdin according to the build that you pmed me.

Quote:
Something having a weakness doesn't mean it isn't the best. It means it has a weakness.

if you want a best char I'd say pnb nec has the most potential, I think anyone that has seen bel's old nec would agree. Bel didn't use prison much but one that did would have the ability to beat just about anything

the only setback with nec is the gear is extremely rare and expensive.

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

Hellfireclanx wrote:
Ehhh wrote:
My hammerdin would also have regenerated to almost full life in that time.

no it wouldn't have, the hammerdin you were on had more life rep than your hammerdin according to the build that you pmed me.

Quote:
Something having a weakness doesn't mean it isn't the best. It means it has a weakness.

if you want a best char I'd say pnb nec has the most potential, I think anyone that has seen bel's old nec would agree. Bel didn't use prison much but one that did would have the ability to beat just about anything

the only setback with nec is the gear is extremely rare and expensive.

No sir, my hammerdin has 10/2sec life rep on primary switch and 8/2sec on secondary. The hammerdin supplied had 8 replenish life (different) and 3/2 sec life rep. My hammerdin would have about 40-50 gear replenish life, whereas the hammerdin supplied only had ~23. You forget that +skills on prayer synergize?

I agree if you're bming, the nec is better than a hammerdin, I already said this. But if you're just dueling in a relatively well mannered place, well played hammerdins can easily take out necs and just about everything else (except trappers Rolling Eyes )

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you guys. I offered my opinion, you guys responded (somewhat harshly too), I challenged, you supplied me with a dueler, I took it, I won. It's not like I wasn't dueling a reputable dueler either. HFCX is regarded highly on these forums, so he obviously isn't just some pubby trash.

GGs HFCX, was fun.

Last edited by Ehhh on Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:  

how is it bm to use bonewalls? if hfcx builds your exact hammerdin on open he can build my exact old necro too and we can duel some
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:
Hellfireclanx wrote:
lol I'm decent on those chars, not great though. I'm better on my chars, the best would be my barb but bel was afk on it and it wouldn't work as well vs a 89 hammerdin due to level and def differences. the character I was interested in dueling you with was my trapper, and as far as its concerned you didn't beat me. The duel ended with me at almost full life and you at about 1/4, i got bored of waiting in traps with no mana. I'm fully confident that if I had someone on to xfer the charms I would have been able to kill you unless you ran the whole time.

Obviously there are builds better than others, what I said was there is no best build... all of them have their weaknesses.

I didn't beat you, and you didn't beat me. My hammerdin would also have regenerated to almost full life in that time. Sure a trapper gives hammerdins trouble, I admit it (something you guys seem unwilling to do), but I don't see trappers killing me left and right. Do you?

I think the problem with your argument is that you switch between general and specific descriptions that are vague "what is better than what" and "what can beat me"

"A good hammerdin CAN beat anything"

"Trapper CAN give me trouble"

They say for the most part hammerdins aren't much of a problem, you say for the most part trappers aren't much of a problem. Notice how there is a loophole for everything. You beat the other chars, but the trapper was beating you.

See where I'm going with this? The basic argument, in all honesty, given the top 3-4 or so character types its not as much about the character itself, but the person using it.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

Ehhh wrote:
It's not like I wasn't dueling a reputable dueler either. HFCX is regarded highly on these forums, so he obviously isn't just some pubby trash.

I beg to differ, sir.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

Belarathon wrote:
how is it bm to use bonewalls? if hfcx builds your exact hammerdin on open he can build my exact old necro too and we can duel some

Boneprison I meant. Bonewalls I can deal with and I find them perfectly gm. Ask knarl, he tried bonewalling and sitting in a corner. I still won.

'Kay, bye.

Taco: Sure I was wrong about beating every character. So I was wrong about that. Neither of us won though, and with the right setup I could probably take down a decent trapper. Also take note, my hammerdin is largely inexpensive, whereas a trapper of that level is extremely expensive and hard to build. I do think I proved my point that what you had said was completely wrong though.
Oh and who are these unknown duelers that apparently can beat me without being touched?
Please PM me their bnet accounts and possibly their lld101 accounts if they have any, as I don't plan on checking this ridiculous thread further than this.
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject:  

GreatPopo level 37 trapper, like I said not lld101 but I saw him kill you 1-2 times without being touched.
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject:  

I would never bonewall myself into a corner vs a hammerdin, do you want to duel on open or not? I think you let hfcx know your exact build, I can let him know mine, if you want to try it
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject:  

I wasn't talking about bm, even in gm good necs will beat good hammerdins.
And you didn't touch my trapper until I totally ran out of mana to mindblast

SoaringSquirrel wrote:

I beg to differ, sir.

shh i own your account k thx?

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject:  

oh I already have his hammerdin made on open, there were some problems connecting to each other's games though. But spazz wasn't able to join my open game either so it might have been my firewall

Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, so if he answers yes I will pm you my necro
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject:  

I think most of my LLD char can beat a dual spirit vigor hammerdin no matter how good it is.

Also there's a big flaw in your simulation duels when using the 89 pally. The 89 pally doesn't need to switch to conc to get about 1.5k damage. And that is impossible for a lvl30 vigor build. And it's a little sticky to switch auras as you are switching charge to hammer at the same time.

Last edited by meitou on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject:  

im changing my vote from trapsin to hammer din, i duel'd hfcx's hammer pally and i just couldnt deliver enough damage to it, hammers canbe easy to dodge, but it depends on the dueler hammers can be effect.
Page 5 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: