LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon May 20, 2024 11:11 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Best overall LLD build?
Page 2 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject:  

No he's right, it totally slipped my mind. I made a CS Zon on ladder and I've killed everyone, even a level 31 WW barb who had his friend's fanat aura and a lifetap curse on me and I kicked his butt and another time I dueled a 29 hammerdin + a 30 cs zon and whooped them both too. Only person I've had trouble with is a smiter and once I get a 120 ias 3 java range 5 maiden spear he's toast ggthx pwnt pube s/e plz bai and whatever other gibberish I missed.

Also, are we discussing this within LLD101 rules or just general LLD because that can make a world of difference?

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
DarkMousy

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject:  

For vs an lld smiter, just slap on a range 5 spear and use some ias gear with kb. Also, sol some gear XD. The KB helps immensely.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject:  

I've been talking about hellrushed non-lld101 lld since ehhh said he could beat any lld hellrushed or not, and most of the llds on east are hell rushed

I dunno, none of my chars have ever had problems with cs zons O_o

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, I was just kidding, the only reason my ladder CS zon beats everyone is because everyone is bad! Except there's one conc barb who beats me half the time for some weird reason, probably that he has a loooot of life, good charms, and good damage, but other than that, everyone's pretty easy! :S

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
HypnoticLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
Yeah, I was just kidding, the only reason my ladder CS zon beats everyone is because everyone is bad! Except there's one conc barb who beats me half the time for some weird reason, probably that he has a loooot of life, good charms, and good damage, but other than that, everyone's pretty easy! :S

Everyone?

guess you forgot about my ELE DRUID!
Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject:  

HypnoticLLD wrote:
SoaringSquirrel wrote:

Everyone?

guess you forgot about my ELE DRUID!

5Sol/75CR Zealot > Ele Druid.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject:  

just about everything except cs zon > ele druid =\

DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject:  

Well, if you don't play by all of the rules, I personally think a lvl 30 fb sorc could be the best overall char. I don't even know if that many of these charms exist, but if someone had 40 x 15/70 small charms and the right gear, you can prolly get 5k + mana. With only one point in warmth, just the skill bonuses from your items should be enough so that you never run out of mana. So, lets see, with about 4k dmg fireball and unlimited teleporting and fire ball casting, if you duel well enough it would be pretty hard for any char to hit you, and you can cast fireballs from pretty dang far away.

Well, I don't really even know why I posted this lol. No one is ever going to make a fireball sorc like this (I am not sure how many 15/70's meitou used on his sorcy...heck I don't even know if they still exist)

I guess when it all comes down to it, no particular character is really the best overall LLD char IMO. It all depends on the skills of the person who is dueling with them.
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject:  

Heh, well I'd like to challenge anyone who thinks a well played caster cannot be touched by a hammerdin in a duel. Sadly I think most of you are on east. Hammerdins are not about damage, they are about skill (I'm normrushed btw and I've beaten viper bludgeon hammerdins with much more damage than me). I'm not built for damage as my synergies are all in Vigor, I'm built to desync like mad. Good necs and blizz sorcs should beat them easy? Tell that to Knarl, viet, a bunch of other necs and just about every west blizz sorc on this site. Think its easy to dodge invisible hammers? I say good luck. Heck, I'm even undefeated in hammer vs hammer duels.

If you play by lld101 rules and even pub rules, a skilled (keyword) hammerdin will be a challenge for any caster out there. Want to prove that I'm wrong? Send me a PM and we'll set up a duel, lld101 or no rules. Sadly I don't have access to any east characters, but if you easties have access to west characters challenge away.
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:  

my lvl30 trapper has never lost to a hammerdin, hammer r just to easy to dodge. any hammer wanna duel me on useast nl?
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:  

ah you use vigor, afik vigor doesn't change charge speed though...I'm pretty sure the speed is always the same

make it on open, I'll make my trapper sorc and hammerdin on open

if you can't do it i can make it for you with the same life/mana/fhr/damage/life rep/mana rep/fcr/mdr

food i'll try dueling your trapper with my hammerdin Very Happy

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:  

Hellfireclanx wrote:
ah you use vigor, afik vigor doesn't change charge speed though...I'm pretty sure the speed is always the same

make it on open, I'll make my trapper sorc and hammerdin on open

if you can't do it i can make it for you with the same life/mana/fhr/damage/life rep/mana rep/fcr/mdr

food i'll try dueling your trapper with my hammerdin Very Happy

You better read up on some things then. Vigor and other skill +%fr/w do affect charge speed whereas gear fr/w does not. Why do you think good hammerdins vigor charge (lld or hld)? It's apparent that you've never dueled against very skilled hammerdins if you don't even know how they work...

Another advantage hammerdins have is dual Spirits. High stacked resist mean blizz sorcs don't hurt me. FHR means I don't get locked down easily at all considering concentration gives % uninterruptibility and charge is plain uninterruptible. +44 vit and magic absorb are gravy. Hammerdins also have very low stats and therefore get a nice amount of vitality. Paladins also have better base stats than necs, sorcs, druids and very good framerates. What that means is a good hammerdin is near impossible to lockdown and insanely durable. Trappers may be a bit difficult to hit because they can run around very randomly and not worry about anything but dodging, but they don't do enough damage to kill my hammerdin anyways.

I also have my own ways of dealing with characters that are difficult to hit. One way is to desync them to hell and back so they don't know where to run. Another is to let them run and just regen. The one I favor is to chip at them with FoH while dodging them while replenishing mana and life. Then I have a few more options in my stash.

I don't have any programs to make the character on open and I'm not sure if I can connect to other computers through open since I'm on a firewalled/NAT routed college network. Ask around the westies about my reputation. A few of them also had views like yours (like necs > hammers), but things have changed Wink
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject:  

nah i've dueled against a lld that used vigor and he sucked =\ and hlds don't even bother

I know how hammerdins work, I have one

i'll make your hammerdin for you and i'll give you the files i make for my chars too

just tell me your skill placement, total life rep, total fhr, total mdr
I'll just give unlimited mana

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject:  

Heh, hlds don't bother? See that's where you're totally wrong...Tele is for pvm hammerdins. Vigor Charge is for pvp. If you know how hammerdins work, then why didn't you know that vigor increases charge speed? If you think you know how to play a hammerdin, how come you don't know about desync charge tactics? How do you play your hammerdin, stand and hope people walk into your hammers? Run under the player and hope they don't move? Hehe. You obviously don't know how hammerdins work since you didn't know how vigor charge works, an essential part to pvp hammerdins.

Having a hammerdin doesn't mean you know how to use one. 95% of bnet uses the stand and hammer method. They sure as hell don't know what they're doing. I'll look for some links to hammerdin dueling strategies from well known duelers on both east and west and post them up later.

I already told you I'm on a college network. I can't connect directly to other computers off my network (things like Open games don't work for me). I'd love to duel you, but sadly my network complicates things.

EDIT:
Fairly basic guide (for hld, take note that even with teleport, desync charge is mentioned and used quite a bit alone or with teleport): http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=360239&highlight=hammerdin+dueling+strategy

If you look around the pvp forum you'll often hear of "desync hammerdins." They're pretty much on a different level than your regular stand-and-hammer type, otherwise they wouldn't be tagged as such.
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject:  

lol of course I know about desync charge... I just don't use vigor, its a waste of points on a lld imo

I've never seen a good hld hammerdin use vigor while charging, and I have dueled most of the top hammerdins on dtrades and jsp

oh well, i'll just have to get you some stuff on useast then

Page 2 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: