LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 10, 2024 1:48 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
From the Grave - Digging up Classic D2 LLDing
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next

Is Classic D2 LLD harder than LoD LLD?
Hell Yeah!
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
No Way!
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Who cares? It's the same damn thing....
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
I don't LLD.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
What the **** are you talking about? What is LLD??
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Akukami

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject:  From the Grave - Digging up Classic D2 LLDing  

I'm new to these forums, and I see that at least 95% of you are LoD players. What happened to those old school duelers who ran around without using these jewels and other "godly" LLD gear?

I feel it's time to bring back Classic D2 LLDing to these forums for two reasons: 1. it's more challenging, and 2. it's more fun to duel without all this other LoD nonsense.

With that said, I present to you a few NON-LoD LLDs:

-=Level 15 Paladin, Sig's Zealer=-
Helm: Sigon's Visor
Weapon: Rare War Hammer
Shield: Sigon's Guard
Armor: Sigon's Shelter
Gloves: Sigon's Gage
Boots: Sigon's Sabot
Belt: Sigon's Wrap
Ammy: Angelic Wings
Rings: Anglic Halo, Cathan's Seal

-=Level 17 Paladin, Cleg's Zealer=-
Helm: Duskdeep
Weapon: Clegaw's Tooth
Shield: Clegaw's Claw
Armor: Twitchthroe
Gloves: Clegaw's Pincers
Boots: Treads of Cthon
Belt: Death's Guard
Rings: Anglic Halo, Cathan's Seal

-=Level 15 Necromancer, Summoner=-
Helm: Tarnhelm
Weapon: Magical +Raise Skeleton, +Skeleton Mastery Wand
Shield: Sigon's Guard
Armor: Angelic Mantle
Gloves: Sigon's Gage
Boots: Treads of Cthon
Belt: Death's Sash
Rings: Angelic Halo x 2

I have armies of non-LoD LLDs that are just plain fun to duel with.

This is the way LLD was supposed to be, and I hope some of you feel the same way.

Cheers, and Happy Halloween!!! Twisted Evil

- Akukami
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:  

Just wondering, do you (anyone that does classic LLD) consider the "old school" no lvl req sojs bm?
Akukami

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
Just wondering, do you (anyone that does classic LLD) consider the "old school" no lvl req sojs bm?

Personally, I really have no preference. As long as the LLDer is adept, any gear is fine with me, especially if he/she is using pre-patch items. (It's rather amusing to see a Level 12 Charger running around with Rattlecage and Bonesnap and Level 29 Charger with the same gear crying, "HACKER HACKER!!!")
coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: From the Grave - Digging up Classic D2 LLDing  

Akukami wrote:
1. it's more challenging, and 2. it's more fun to duel without all this other LoD nonsense.

Of course, that's your opinion, I could argue that lod is more challenging since we have more gear choices and that opens up more viable build's, and also makes us think up more ways to counter those build's.

So, with more viable build's and gear choices, we can make character's in lod that wouldn't work well in classic.

In my opinion, lod has a much better variety than classic making it more fun.

Edit:Oh, and I forgot to mention we get two more classes as well.

Akukami

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: From the Grave - Digging up Classic D2 LLDing  

coatol2 wrote:
Akukami wrote:
1. it's more challenging, and 2. it's more fun to duel without all this other LoD nonsense.

Of course, that's your opinion, I could argue that lod is more challenging since we have more gear choices and that opens up more viable build's, and also makes us think up more ways to counter those build's.

So, with more viable build's and gear choices, we can make character's in lod that wouldn't work well in classic.

In my opinion, lod has a much better variety than classic making it more fun.

Edit:Oh, and I forgot to mention we get two more classes as well.

More gear choices and variety doesn't mean a greater challenge, especially when you have gear that makes you more powerful...a bit TOO much for LLDing. With all the charms to add to your gear, you can easily take a Level 12 1k damage Charger and make him do three times that amount....makes for a very boring kill, imo.

Now, remove all your little charms and subtract two classes: what are you left with? The answer is a challenge....a challenge to make a viable LLD with limited gear and skill point allocation. There aren't many items you have that give you godly 3x damage, thus making it more of a challenge.
XtC_Faith

BNet Acct/Realm: faith_plus_one
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject:  

Im one of few classic llders on this forum and lod lld seems far, far, far more challenging then classic. I mean...you need to mf/trade not only for your gear but as well as your charms, jewels, and runes. Lod is far more challenging for llding.

However, if your talking about using low lvls to pk mid/high lvls well then classic is more of a challenge, but thats not lld now is it.

Most Sojs on classic are no lvl req ones so no i dont consider using them on characters bm (including using them on my 25 spear necro, 18 cold sorc, and 25hamerdin.)

Gotta give credit for all the time it takes perfecting LoD llders, I could never do it thats for sure.

*Classic UsWest-NL
Icanneverwin

BNet Acct/Realm: *Disc0nnect
1.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject:  

like omg0t wth is lld?!?!

~Destined for Disappointment~

--------------------------------------------------
1000th post:Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 pm

1337st post:Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:06 am
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject:  

Sounds to me like someone sucks at collecting charms and jewels
:\

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Akukami

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject:  

XtC_Faith wrote:
Im one of few classic llders on this forum and lod lld seems far, far, far more challenging then classic. I mean...you need to mf/trade not only for your gear but as well as your charms, jewels, and runes. Lod is far more challenging for llding.

However, if your talking about using low lvls to pk mid/high lvls well then classic is more of a challenge, but thats not lld now is it.

Most Sojs on classic are no lvl req ones so no i dont consider using them on characters bm (including using them on my 25 spear necro, 18 cold sorc, and 25hamerdin.)

Gotta give credit for all the time it takes perfecting LoD llders, I could never do it thats for sure.

*Classic UsWest-NL

In Classic as well as LoD, LLD is always Level 9-30. If you can kill a Level 30 with a Level 12, then by all means, go do it. Complaining about not being equal levels while still being at or below level 30 is still LLD. So if you're telling me that I'm not supposed to use Level 15s to duel Level 30s, then what am I supposed to do?

As for "perfecting" LoD LLDers, I've had my fair share of them, and I find it rather boring to be using charms and other such items to enhance damage. That's not LLD at all, which is why I leave my dueling back in Classic....where people don't complain about being the same level to LLD.

And Spazz, don't even think I don't have Charms and Jewels at my disposal. I collected enough to make a nice little sale on eBay for $100.
Icanneverwin

BNet Acct/Realm: *Disc0nnect
1.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

i think spazz was talking to me cause he so jealous of my newbness.

~Destined for Disappointment~

--------------------------------------------------
1000th post:Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 pm

1337st post:Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:06 am
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject:  

yeah classic would be harder...

no jewels or charms.
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Now, remove all your little charms and subtract two classes: what are you left with? The answer is a challenge....a challenge to make a viable LLD with limited gear and skill point allocation. There aren't many items you have that give you godly 3x damage, thus making it more of a challenge.

Classic doesn't sound like a challenge... sounds boring

It is not difficult at all to get gear on classic, which is 99% of what makes llding so challenging
How many hours have you lod llders looked for that 14 maxer, or that 3/20/15. Compare that to llding on classic where every item listed on that build list is sitting on some mule somewhere. Yeah you have the occassional rare/magic item, but not to the extent that they are used on lod. I don't see how the challenge of finding lld gear on classic can even compare to how hard it is to find good stuff on lod.

No variety means classic lld involves just making the same cookie cutting builds and hoping chance works on your side.
Basically every classic dueler uses the same gear:
Sigons
Angelics
Deaths
Clegs
Theres nothing that makes the best llder any better than the worst since all the builds/gear are essentially the same.

So yeah, to kill a higher level on classic really is a challenge, considering all the gear options suck... A high level will always have more life/health/damage/fhr/cast than you simply because he has better gear and more skill/stat points available. Unless the high level really sucks you will never have an edge over him on classic. Killing a decent hld/mld on classic with a lld isn't challenging... its impossible. On lod good charms and better gear can allow llds to actually kill chars higher than them. It is actually possible to duel hlds on lod, and it is challenging.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject:  

the only challenge that comes with making a classic LLDer is finding a better rare weapon than your opponent. thats it. as already mentioned, every other item is a set piece. a set piece that is in LoD as well. i dont see classic being more "challenging", unless by "challenging" you mean remembering which paladin you are out of the 8 sigon wearing zealots in the game.

XtC_Faith

BNet Acct/Realm: faith_plus_one
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject:  

Akukami wrote:
XtC_Faith wrote:

*Classic UsWest-NL

In Classic as well as LoD, LLD is always Level 9-30. If you can kill a Level 30 with a Level 12, then by all means, go do it. Complaining about not being equal levels while still being at or below level 30 is still LLD. So if you're telling me that I'm not supposed to use Level 15s to duel Level 30s, then what am I supposed to do?

As for "perfecting" LoD LLDers, I've had my fair share of them, and I find it rather boring to be using charms and other such items to enhance damage. That's not LLD at all, which is why I leave my dueling back in Classic....where people don't complain about being the same level to LLD.

And Spazz, don't even think I don't have Charms and Jewels at my disposal. I collected enough to make a nice little sale on eBay for $100.

I wasn't telling you to do anything. If you enjoy losing to lvl 30's thats fine with me.

You asked if classic or LoD is more difficult for LowLevelDueling and my opinion is that LoD is more difficult than classic.

Reasons:
LoD duelers have more..... life, mana, damage, attack rating, defense, fhr, fcr, frw, ias, fbr, ibr, resists, +skills, gear options, and greater variety of opponents to be prepared for. You gotta be better if your gunna face all these factors.

On classic, a lvl 30llder will never, ever, ever lose to a lvl 12lld simply b/c gear options and sheer performance ability are so uneven. You seem to be speaking of using your 'lvl 15s' to pk and pubby duel ppl who are lvln, not using them to lowlvlduel.

*Akukami. wat realm do you play on in classic?
Akukami

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject:  

Hellfireclanx wrote:

So yeah, to kill a higher level on classic really is a challenge, considering all the gear options suck... A high level will always have more life/health/damage/fhr/cast than you simply because he has better gear and more skill/stat points available. Unless the high level really sucks you will never have an edge over him on classic. Killing a decent hld/mld on classic with a lld isn't challenging... its impossible.

If it's impossible, then why do I, as well as several excellent Classic LLDers, have no problems dueling our Level 12s vs Level 20+s? LLD is about maximizing the usefulness of your items and testing your skill. Of course, there will always be a handful of builds you can never beat with just one LLDer, but that's the beauty of making and army of LLDs.

XtC_Faith wrote:

I wasn't telling you to do anything. If you enjoy losing to lvl 30's thats fine with me.....On classic, a lvl 30llder will never, ever, ever lose to a lvl 12lld simply b/c gear options and sheer performance ability....

I'll admit, it is rather difficult to duel a Spearer, but against a Smiter at around the same level, or even less than that, they're going to hell to deal with. Just as I said in my previous response, there are certain LLDs that will always have the upper hand against other builds, and have severe weaknesses against others. Also, gear isn't a factor if you don't know how to use it. You can have the best low level pre-patch items around and still lose occasionally to the 1.11 LLD.

VoicesLLD wrote:

the only challenge that comes with making a classic LLDer is finding a better rare weapon than your opponent. thats it. as already mentioned, every other item is a set piece. a set piece that is in LoD as well. i dont see classic being more "challenging", unless by "challenging" you mean remembering which paladin you are out of the 8 sigon wearing zealots in the game.

Most Classic duelers rarely use Sigs because it doesn't have the "unbeatable" aura about it anymore...even among new LLDers. And it doesn't take a better rare weapon to win at LLDing....it's a combination of all your gear.

And I believe someone asked what realm I play on....East SCCNL any time after 5 PM. LLD account is YWN-Leader. Come find me for a game.
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: