LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:12 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Full Set LLD
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Bloody_Bartuc

BNet Acct/Realm: Sunny California, I surf to skool.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject:  Full Set LLD  

Has anyone ever tried to hold a full set LLD tournament? I was thinking of having a tournament where a character must use a full set of your choice, and the rest of your equips must be set items also. I don't know about charms, but i still think this would be a lot easier for the poorer LLders out there. Plz give feedback as to if this would work, what build would be too good, etc. Ty. Razz
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject:  

well a typical "cheap" 18 zealer already uses mostly set items. the only ones (if its cleglaw build) that you need to find are the armor, helm, and shield. the only thing then that would separate the poor from the rich would be the jewels and charms. maybe only allow gems and/or runes? no charms?

the level sets would be a main concern since usually at low levels melee dominates, but later casters get stronger so without "good" items you would have to try and find a balance to make both similarly effective.

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject:  

I think that would be a totally fun tournament. Most of us have low set items laying around collecting dust anyway! I agree...set items ONLY!

You could always hold an ironman "hour" or so where ppl come to a game and have an hour to find their charms...whatever u find...u can use!

jewels and gems would have to be allowed since this is LLD and str will be a problem for most builds!

SOUNDS LIKE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN...LET'S DO IT! ME AND FUH ARE BOTH IN (he told me so last night). Make the levels Basic:

9/18/30 Or...just make it lvl 30 only! That would be fun too!

No char restrictions or anything since we are using set items only! Eventually, we could allow charms and make this a permanent dueling category "set items only"! OMG...this sounds so fun!

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject:  

yep yep I'm in ^.^

Akukami

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Full Set LLD  

Bloody_Bartuc wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to hold a full set LLD tournament? I was thinking of having a tournament where a character must use a full set of your choice, and the rest of your equips must be set items also. I don't know about charms, but i still think this would be a lot easier for the poorer LLders out there. Plz give feedback as to if this would work, what build would be too good, etc. Ty. Razz

Full Sigs Zealer with a nice War Hammer, Angelics Combo, and Cathan's Ring will win hands down.
Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject:  

except since its full set lld. the weapon too has to be a set item which leaves the following:

Millabrega scepter
Beserker axe
death's sword
cleglaws sword
civerbs scepter
angelic sword
tancreds pick
arctic bow
vidala bow
cathans staff
arcanna staff
infernal wand
sanders wand

out of those, deaths and clegs are the best options imo. full set mila's has some possibilities. but you would need the right jewels/charms to do any decent melee dmg.

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject:  

actually i would say clegs and civs sceter are on top for the tourny they go going since you cant use jewels and gems it seems

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Akukami

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject:  

The_Sad_One wrote:
except since its full set lld. the weapon too has to be a set item which leaves the following:

[List Here]

out of those, deaths and clegs are the best options imo. full set mila's has some possibilities. but you would need the right jewels/charms to do any decent melee dmg.

In that case:

Cleg's > Death's

Aside from strategy and who has the most health, attack rating is crucial to making sure that you actually hit the other person, especially if they're a few levels higher than you. Clegaw's Tooth offers this with a 30% bonus to attack rating; Death's Touch doesn't. Also, the requirements needed to hold Death's Touch are just too high, and it has very little to offer aside from it's life steal. Clegaw's has fast attack speed, low reqs, and a godly 50% Deadly Strike.

What more could you ask for?
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:  

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15542

For tourney details...already in progress go here!

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Twisted-Prodigy
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:  

hey im down with this idea!

lol it would be fun, anyone wanna give it a try? or set armors/helms/belts/cloves/boots. and u can use your own ammy/rings and weapon... lol

my idea is to take act2 tal's staff and up it with gnasher axe, thats what i would use just to be different.

also if there is a way to redo that and up the ammy, lol those are my ideas!
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: