LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon May 20, 2024 1:35 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Need some help! (important)
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject:  Need some help! (important)  

Hiii guys, I couldn't really think of who I could ever ask this question to without it being kinda risky, but I need someone more experienced to help me out here! Anyways here it is:
My friend, 17, (known her for 16 years) she got this boyfriend that got her to try all these drugs, and he broke up with her, and now she is pretty hard into the cocaine and ecstacy every night, and the drugs she is trying are only getting harder and harder. But I know she has a head on her shoulders and stuff because I have known her for so long! And she says she is so sad, and that the only way she can just forget about her problems and have fun is when she is on something, and that when she can't get anything she goes crazy, also lately, I have caught her blowing up at family and friends for no reason... another bad sign! Anywho so I've been telling her all this stuff like how to quit and that if she ever feels like she wants to do drugs she can just call me and we will go do something fun or just talk for however long she wants and stuff and she says she wants to quit but she can't... I told her that the longer she does them the harder it will be to quit and the more upset she will be when she can't get them. She said she knows everything I am telling her already and that it is too late because she is in too deep and she just can't stop anymore!
Anyways I have known her for my whole life so it's not just one of those situatiosn where I can say Oh well I have tried my best it's all on her now! Because she has to stop and that is the only option...
Does anyone have any advice or experience in these situations? What can I do to get her to realize that it's never too late to stop and that the longer she goes the worse it'll be! Anywaysss please help if you can because I am pretty worried about her
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject:  

Call an intervention!
I saw it on Seinfeld (SP?) last night..

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

LLD_Pie

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject:  

yeah its called tell the parents get her to a psychologist get her hospitalized if nesicary... i had something very similar happen to one of my friends... you feel like a dirtbag when you do this but its worth it in the end

Zero

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. east
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject:  

yea you should probably tell her parents and get them to do something like pie said. Sure it will be hard because ull feel like your turning on her, and she might feel that way. But when she gets better, she will know how much of a help you were.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject:  

An intervention might be a good idea, but you uys have to know how to talk, else she will defend herself with denial and you guys will be stuck, and unless something extremely tragic happens to her personal life (a close friend or close relative dying because of the stuff she is doing now, for example) she will be stuck in a ditch for the rest of her life. I would suggest finding a "Drug users anonymous" group or something like that, and you will take her to it. You will have to go with her, mainly for moral support, and if you let her go alone, she will just stop going. You have to be there, have to show her that you're there to help her. Make it a routine. She will really hate it at first but eventually and hopefully it should start getting under control. Once you think she's ready and that she can control the cravings, you can stop going. Be aware though! When she stops going, she will possibly try to get back to the drugs, even if she doesn't want to! You have to watch her very closely, because she could very well work all this way and then finally "give up and relax", and she'll go back to the drugs behind your back. Fear creates motivation, and she will have a fear of you being on her case non-stop all the time, and once you're off her case, she will have no motivation to continue with the anti-drug scene, and go back. This is where the intervention (or a good one on one) would best come into play, and you'll have to point out how she is travelling in a circle, and getting nowhere, and you might have to really brow beat her, no matter how much it might hurt you as well to do so.

I am 17 years old, and although I don't do drugs nor do I drink alchohol, I speak from experience. Please don't let her fall into a routine that could quite well ruin her life.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject:  

I want to try very hard if at all possible to not have to bring this to her parents or anything like that
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject:  

ok, then bring it to the police.. (cocaine bela!)

seriously bela the parents will need to know if they dont already.
this is not some experimentation phase anymore, its an addiction, and cocaine is not some easily excusable substance.

is most of her focus based on just getting the next fix each night?
has she pretty much lost any other sence of her previous goals in life?

i think she needs those she loves to tell her what do to, 24/7 for the next few months, she needs to redicsover what she really wants out of life...especially bc shes increasing her capacity for depression and sadness.

if u cant do anything bela, imo ud be better off staying away from her now.

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject:  

its very very hard for people who have not been addicted to a substance to know how hard it is to quit, i used to smoke cigs since i was like 13, i didnt quit till i was 22 i tried 3 or 4 times unsucessfully, but finally i kicked it though i still smoke occasionally a cig or cigar but the addiction is no longer there. things get much harder with coke though ex should be easy just have to break the routine more than the chemical addiction.

if you feel you are the only one that she can trust or confide in hen you need to take steps to get her straight. if you don feel comfortable to bring this up with her parents try first without them, but if you cant help or she doesnt have he will to help it may come to the point where her parents will have to come in and get her the help she needs. you really need to sit down with her and talk to her, explain these drugs will never make her truely happy and will only drain her more than she already is, ask her what will she be doing in a year/5 years/10 years/ beyond will she be still at home wasting her life on that stuff? explain you are there to help her, ask her to try going a while without the drugs and see how she feels, though with coke shes going to get hit hard. try to interupt her routine with her usage if you can (like stop going to parties or hanging out with the friends that may encourage it) if you got some time just hang out or go out and do something that will help pass the time. see if you can get her to give up her stash and get rid of it. there are plenty of free drug abuse help centers, call up a local hospital and ask about it they should have a number for somewhere where she can get help or just talk to someone. the first 3 or 4 days of this will be hell for her until all the coke is out of her system then itll start to go down those few days are the most important to keep her away from drugs. if all else fails ask her if she will willingly check into rehab, if not you will have to go to her parents she will hate you at first for it but it is for her own good.

few things that help with kicking an addiction (drugs cigs even caffine):

try to find something to fill the void that the drugs used to be with an activity or food (hate to say food but i used to chew gum or eat beef jerky when i needed a cig)

have her write down how she feels in a journal (seems stupid but was one of the things my friend had to do when he was in rehab, he said it seemed dumb and boring but was something good to reflect on when he got out to remind him of what he went through to get straight and what he never wanted to expierence again)

she needs to talk to someone for support, whether its you or someone else she needs someone there for her

just remember the most important thing is her health and wellbeing not her feelings, if you have to go to her parents

ive seen the process with a good friend of mine, fellow coke-head, its not easy for them or to watch. but eventually they will get the help they need and get back on top of things.

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject:  

is she only hooked on X and Coke that u kno of bela?....because u also gotta remember there might be sumthing else she is doing that only she knows about....not bringing her parents into it is going to be very hard.....after my friend Kyle killed himself i ended up getting hooked on pills for a while....my friends basicly hung out with me for about 2 months straight and every time i went to do a pill or they saw me crush one up they would take it....of course i got mad but they knew i would and im glad they didnt get mad back....so thats what i suggest doing....get several of your/her closest friends and hang out with her for about a month straight....try not to leave her alone for to long and every time she goes to do a line or pop a pill just take it away from her and let her get mad.....the only thing is if she asks to go to the bathroom she may try and do it in there....i suggest checking the bathrooms for ne stashed pills or bags of coke and if she is as bad as u say check her pockets.....she seems to realize she is addicted so she will more then likely be willing to empty her pockets if u ask her to.....maybe if she is willing ask her where she stashes everything and get rid of it....and dont just throw it in the trash and think its done with....when your addicted to sumthing it doesnt matter if its been in the trash u will still use it.....=\.....i suggest going deep into the woods (if u live near the woods) or just as far away as possible and then just throw it....if u want u can even dump the bag of coke out....also find out who is supplying her with the drugs and stop her from hanging out with them.....without the dealer there cant be ne drugs....i feel very sry for your friend bela....coke is the last thing u want to get addicted to neext to crack....and normaly coke leads to crack...so be very careful

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject:  

flush it, lol who wants to do a line of pee paste coke? Shocked

I am a silencing machine
Zero

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. east
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject:  

the dealer doesnt care
as long as the money is coming in
its all gravy

LLD_Pie

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
I want to try very hard if at all possible to not have to bring this to her parents or anything like that

not to be harsh and insensitive at all because i understand your situation perfectly.. but if you would put yourself and your freindship aside you would reaize that you dont have a choice.. the parents need to know the kid needs to be hospitalized... and then she needs counceling and her family probably needs it too.. if her feelings and friendship are going to be damaged or gone well i think thats a small price to pay for saving somone from a life destroying drug.. do it or i promise your chances to help her will drop exponentialy... if you still cant decide watch requiem for a dream and you will have no problem calling her parents the minute the movie is over.

Spazz

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject:  

Scare her really bad next time she trips out so she wont want to do it again..

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Death-Strider

BNet Acct/Realm: Death)strider Fury)strider
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:  

Quote:

No spazz, thats not what you do.. I delt with my dad being a drug addict for 5 years, not to be mean but the only way to help her is if she wants it.. If she dosen't there is little to nothing you can do.. That again is from my experience with my dad.. And usualy the only way to get someone off that is to put them rehab center.. And then that still might not help if they don't want to get better..

Anyway thats really best advice i can give.. Sorry..

Apparently "fuh" is short for "fuhking studmonkey". I think I'll borrow his pics, and create an account on one of those online dating websites. With his smouldering good looks and my winning charm and personality, no woman alive will be able to resist me... err.. us.

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:

shes not going to trip on coke or ex, youre thinking of acid or shrooms or something else hallucinigenic

I am a silencing machine
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: