LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:45 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
WTF a level 30 FIRE druid??
Page 2 of 7 [93 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:  

Yes, we are working on mine - I'm not criticizing your build if that's what you are implying. I'm just trying to improve upon it for myself. You have given me very good advice about how Armageddon works and I completely forgot about Whitsan's vs. melee.

Anyway, I don't see how resists are a problem. I have 60 res all from my amulet, a 15/-15 sigons, and Anya quests.

I'll use 3 x 15/5 to hit 75 res all, and I will stack cold res with 15/cold res scs.

I guess you're on West where no one Hell rushes so resists are a little harder to come by. Anyway I considered using the VMagi for MDR but I definately won't need the 35 res all. But I decided that each point of rep becomes more beneficial as you have more of it, because you can change your dueling style to take advantage of the massive life gain per second. I want to play defensively and take advantage of the highest rep possible.
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:  

I'd say if you have the res and you dont need vipermagi, spirit shroud is the obvious choice. If your a rep life build, thats +10 not including the pskull. Fissure druid duels last a long time, and the life will add up.

breakbeatz2 wrote:
I guess you're on West where no one Hell rushes

Well Ladder hell rushes, NL, however doesnt.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
RJD2

BNet Acct/Realm: USWEST
0.33 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

on my build, my fire druid, normal rushed he has 1.1k fissure and 800 armageddon. armageddon is probably a necesity after my 3 remakes. It does do a decent amount of damage. the only downside it has a long cool down time but if you max fissure it should last a while. of course i didnt use actual poitns i just used a +3 fissure +2 armageddon pelt with life and it works very nicely imo. i never run out of mana. i dont think you need to pskull anything and i use sigons shield as well for that xtra skill and block.
thats just my 2 cents to see if that helps

i have max resists too. normal rushed. and 1.7k life and irc sanders boots for the frw.

#1 WARCRY TAG CHAMPION ----BIGFOOT #1----
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:  

dely has a firestorm/fissure druid in the start of 1.10, it does pretty well... he just used the basic hellplague(no spirit back then), rhyme grim.. 3 fissure 3os helm, magi, 2 soj, string, magefist, sanders.. it worked pretty well
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject:  

im no expert on armagedon, but i think it could be quite usfull, anything that has to get close to attack (melee, short ranged casters) has a decent chance to be hit its definitly worth it to look for a pelt with atleast +1 amagedon, plus the fact i think it looks cool.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:  

firestorm is all you need to take care of melee. cast a fissure over yourself, then spam firestorm at them. problem solved.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:  

i have one and wil remake soon
the oak is a waste imo since you wil run in most cases to try and make enemy walk on fizure

with armegedon you can cover air and fizure the floor
the main plus about arma is that it helps chip and throw them in to fhr some times not to dmg them heavly tho for me the chip is most usefull im used to people with spurs i still kill most cuz thy cant cach me and i chip them to death slowly it also makes fizzure a lil harder to see since arma does not falow you quikly

im trying to find a helm with 2 ele 3 fizur 3 arma so i wont have to put in arma for remake

ps iirc fire stormis buged inthe way it hits tho its ben a wile some one plz conferm this if you can

Last edited by Chronotrigger on Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:  

what do you mean by firestorm is bugged? from what ive seen it deals out great damage, but not quite sure what you mean

Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:  

he might be referring to the way inferno and fire wall are bugged in the way they hit. been a while since i looked at it but its why no one makes fire wall sorc's anymore
Napalm loves the little children of the world.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject:  

I finished my druid.

I like him a lot, he seems very good vs. some chars, but unable to win vs. others.

Any paladin can beat him easily. The damage is just too low to compete with desynch and you can't avoid hits when they are invisible. Offensive tele fire sorcs are also impossible. They just namelock tele, then spam fballs directly at you and repeat. It's impossible to dodge all their fballs. I also dueled a ww barb that had 140 frw and just namelock WWed me. It was completely impossible to win due to the massive desynch, I died when he wasn't even on my mini-map every time.

I like the druid very much vs. all other classes though. It seems like the perfect character to beat necros and trappers with. I haven't lost to any necro yet.

My final stats (using a pcrawn since I haven't found my pelt yet)

1230-1260 Fissure damage
1470 Life
120 FRW
99 FHR
56 Rep Life
75 res all with ~50 stacked cold res. I will improve on stacked cold res soon.

I think it's relly the 120 frw and 56 rep that make this build good.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:  

you will have to duel my poison zon and we can have non cookie cutter duels all day long!
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
I finished my druid.
(using a pcrawn since I haven't found my pelt yet)

Finished, eh?

Did you end up with the perfect boots?

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:  

The boots are

10fhr
10frw
9rep
19life

Very close to perfect.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:  

i find desynching hdins easy for my fissure druid Confused as long as they're not wearing spurs that is. i find that the fissures make them re-synch, so you just gotta keep them all around you. and its definately worth it for oak sage, recasting isnt a problem, especially since fissure druids really dont use much mana

psilocybicDream

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:  

waramp wrote:
oh, i didnt even notice that he put solid points into it Confused definately dont do that haha. also, is volcano really that effective? i like my maxed firestorm, it rapes melee. i dont think anything with a 4 second delay and only 62 phys and 183 fire damage can be that great. i realize it hits a lot, but its still terrible damage, and if they get off right away, you have to wait 4 seconds to cast another one, or even a fissure. 1600 dmg/second firestorm ftw imo
I made a hld fire druid and even at a higher lvl volcano was only doing 1.5k dmg compared to 3k+ fissure and 6k armegeddon (i think thats right, i made that druid a long time ago and quit since then) and i found myself using volcano quite often. for the amount of damage it claims to do, it hurts a lot.
Page 2 of 7 [93 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: