LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:07 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Anything wrong with an 18 throw barb?
Page 2 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject:  

If you can, glitch yourself, I think invisible spears are so awesome.
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:  

Blinking in and out is cool, and so is a barb wielding two HUGE throwing spears as long as him. Running out into the Canyon of the Magi with those things is the coolest scene ever.
Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
Jaku
Deactivated

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:  

mmmm all this talk wants me to make a throw barb.

but whyyy is lvl 20 the ideal lvl for a throw barb :-/. i dont get it. just for sanders?
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:  

I think level 20 is the optimal level for the following reasons:

1) Sander's Boots
2) 2 more points into throw mastery
3) Toxic Grand Charms of Anthrax (or something like that)
4) The remarkable tendency of awesome war javelins to have a required level of 19. I don't know why this always seems to be the case, but I've found some disgusting level 19 war javelins that have 20-30 damage more than the javelins I use on my level 18 thrower.

yarly
Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:  

To me, it seems like since I made my throwbarb, Osan-gar, I have seen a lot of people talk about and make throwbarbs. Am I wrong?

Shademehr, I've looked at your pubby throwbarb, but imo, 880 dt dmg is almost impossible, unless you mean that he's hellrushed by saying pubby. And if he's not hellrushed, I'd like to see his gear, because I don't believe it.

I don't like the str glitch. MAYBE it's ok for pubbys, but for priv duels, its annoying to not be able to tell if your opponent is attacking you or not.

Lvl 20 throwbarb is the best because of a) Sanders boots for frw and b) lvl 19 war javs. An 18 throwbarb would be decent, but my lvl 19 rare war javs are much better than any lvl 18 javs I've seen. Both of my war javs have 75 and 78 max throw dmg listed on them; neither are eth. I also disagree that 60max dmg on a jav is enough. Even with my javs, most melee pallys kill me quick. Esp with 75% block, every hit counts.

Whether or not you use dt or jav/shield depends on who you're dueling. If its vs melee, I'd say go with jav/shield, but it depends on how much frw they have, and how good their shield block is. For casters, I usally go with 2x javs.

Quote:
as far as my stats go, i do roughly 350-750 with a plain throw attack. that's without a 45 damage hat or a NM rush. add 75% blocking, knockback, and my rugged good looks, and you've got a build that can take down almost all peers with ease.

Roy, are you on east or west? Either way, I would like to see your 18 throwbarb's items. I have accts on both west and east. My throwbarb has 2x war javs with more than 60max, a 39max helm, and decent charms, but he doesnt do close to 750 dmg with plain throw attack.

Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject:  

Aqua wrote:

Shademehr, I've looked at your pubby throwbarb, but imo, 880 dt dmg is almost impossible, unless you mean that he's hellrushed by saying pubby. And if he's not hellrushed, I'd like to see his gear, because I don't believe it.

I actually don't recall saying I did 880 dmg in this thread. I did however post a pic of my stats in THIS thread: http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15326&highlight=ithrowpooatyou

Don't let the green dmg numbers fool you. I only had 15psn on one of the large LC's I used. I was NOT a poison build. Yes, he was hell rushed. This damage could have been easily achieved though using dmg charms WITHOUT being hell rushed. I FIRMLY believe that 1k dmg with good damage GC's is very feasible with the throwspears I used.

Aqua wrote:
To me, it seems like since I made my throwbarb, Osan-gar, I have seen a lot of people talk about and make throwbarbs. Am I wrong?

I've never seen your throwbarb, nor have I heard of you. (sorry) I made mine after seeing Richards throwbarb (our first encounter didn't go too smoothly) and I figured I could best him at his own build. I've since seen such clever throwbarbs as "DokuThrowsPoo" and a few others... Rolling Eyes Richards was the first throwbarb I think I've ever seen.

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject:  

My first LLD throw barb was way back in 1.09 before I quit. I thought it was an original build at the time, but I ran into one other dude on East who had a solidly-built level 18 thrower and taught me to use a shield on the switch.

Quote:

I've had my level 18 thrower since the first week of the new ladder season. I used him to PK norm travincal games when everyone was trying to level from 20 to 25. And no one had any high levels to come stop me... wow that was great.

Quote:
I don't like the str glitch. MAYBE it's ok for pubbys, but for priv duels, its annoying to not be able to tell if your opponent is attacking you or not.

I used to agree and almost posted a thread asking to ban it. Desynching hammers is much more ridiculous, yet every hammerdin on LLD101 does it. So I'll keep using my invisijavs, or as I like to call them, "mind bullets."

As a second thought, throw spears are inherently weaker than war javs, so there is a price to exploiting the dex glitch.

Quote:
I also disagree that 60max dmg on a jav is enough. Even with my javs, most melee pallys kill me quick. Esp with 75% block, every hit counts.

61 max works just fine for me, and there are very few level 18 characters that can beat me (and they're all hell-rushed). If you're getting hit with a melee attack, you're not playing the throwbarb correctly. Get some faster run/walk and don't get hit with any melee attacks -- that will solve your problem.

Quote:
Whether or not you use dt or jav/shield depends on who you're dueling. If its vs melee, I'd say go with jav/shield, but it depends on how much frw they have, and how good their shield block is. For casters, I usally go with 2x javs.

If you don't mana pot, you won't double throw for very long. Keep double throw on one weapon switch, shield/javelin on the other AT ALL TIMES.

Quote:
are you on east or west? Either way, I would like to see your 18 throwbarb's items. I have accts on both west and east. My throwbarb has 2x war javs with more than 60max, a 39max helm, and decent charms, but he doesnt do close to 750 dmg with plain throw attack.

I'm on East ladder, account name *rjg . When I posted those stats way back when, I had about 100-150 damage from poison charms, I don't remember offhand. Right now, I do about 650-700 physical damage with a plain throw attack. I'm not hell rushed either, and I still use the same mediocre +30 max helm as before.

If I ever get a 3 socket +3 throw fanged helm, then my character will be straight nasty. I have three 17 max jewels saved up for such hat.

Shademehr wrote:
I FIRMLY believe that 1k dmg with good damage GC's is very feasible with the throwspears I used.

Agreed. Even at 650-700 plain throw, I consider myself a defensive build as I've sacrificed half of my Fine charms for life charms.

Quote:
I made mine after seeing Richards throwbarb (our first encounter didn't go too smoothly) and I figured I could best him at his own build.

But it prompted you to make a throwbarb yourself! All I wanted was to spread throwbarb awareness. I think our characters had reached parity when you dismantled yours.

Also, I forget to mention, I made a throwpally that pwns my throwbarb back to the stone age. As far as level 18's go, I think throwpally is the best ranged character possible, hands down.

Last edited by Roy on Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:

61 max works just fine for me, and there are very few level 18 characters that can beat me (and they're all hell-rushed).

(Note: I'm hell rushed Sad)
|
|
|
V
Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
But it prompted you to make a throwbarb yourself! All I wanted was to spread throwbarb awareness. I think our characters had reached parity when you dismantled yours.

I should probably mention that Richard and I are on much better terms than we were then. lol Wink

Jaku
Deactivated

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:  

AQUA: we'lll i recall my lvl 14 beating u in 1v1 and i think 800+ dt dmg is very possible bcuz i already have 500+ dmg on my lvl 14. but i use like about 100 poison dmg so like 400 physical. 800 is very possible.
Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:  

Jaku: Yes, you did beat me, but we only dueled once (so that really doesn't say much) and I didn't even realize you were a throwbarb, or that you were even attacking me untill I was already taking dmg.

Im aware that mana will run out quickly with pure dt, and I ALWAYS have dt on one switch, and jav/shield on the other.

Page 2 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: