LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 16, 2024 12:01 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
BM-pally Killer?
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
XtC_Faith

BNet Acct/Realm: faith_plus_one
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject:  BM-pally Killer?  

I have been dueling on classic nl-sc and there is a 29 zeal/charge pally who keeps ruining my lvl restricted duel games who uses max hfreeze and gens-flail, your typical BM gear. Now my 25 necro and 27 charger have beaten him like 1/3 of the time same with my 27 smiter but it prevents me from dueling anyone else as i am slowed by 100%++ and if he wins he just nk's name calls .. blah blah blah.
so, my question is, anyone have any experience with a legit low lvl dueler that can handle a bm zeal/charger?

Feel free to lock post if this is not the right section. I am just getting tired of not getting real duels in games i make..ruins game for others as well.

Thanks.
just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

blizz sorc= not good pally^^ since the slow doesnt affect them you just tele and cast blizz infront of you when he charges, even a bf or light sorc would own him
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject:  

if he doesnt have good resists, CS zon. though, a lvl 28 smiter should be able to take out practically any zealot.

just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject:  

i think a melee could be hard becuase your slowed that much, and then get into fhr lock : /
XtC_Faith

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject:  

ya, sorc is one option that seemed clear because of teleport but he has stacked 120% res sheilds for cold/fire/light. and in addition i have a ice blast/blizz sorc lvl 30 but when i broker her out vs him he complained i was lvl 30 and therefore not lld and he got his 56 fballer : /

my smiter owned him in 4 smites in first duel then he decided just to run away and use charge and i couldnt touch him at all with all the slow.

my 29 cs-zon couldnt even get off mor than one strike and anyway he has max light res with his 120 shield. dodge + 100% slowed + max light res = dead javazon.

anymor ideas?

p.s. - my 29 summoner fought him him in a 20minute duel as i used decrep + clay golem but we both had life rep so by the end we both had full life >< very boring
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

slow is capped at 50%. and you wanted a low level legit dueler, why are you going to make a sorc with teleport? make a wind druid with bear. or a necro with good bone armor.

and...

XtC_Faith wrote:
him he complained i was lvl 30 and therefore not lld

who cares what he thinks? hes a BM public dueler. next time he uses that lame excuse on you, let him know the only reason he can kill you is because of the slow, so hes unlegit. therefore he isnt a LLD either (but your 30 is).

XtC_Faith

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject:  

classic characters - not xpac (so no druid). but yah i forgot no telly allowed. so sorcs out of the question.

my 25 necro has 300 absorb, is that enough? however, your not allowed to recast Bone armor ... right ? cuz if i could that would help some, alot actually.....also is bone prison allowed ?

about slow %: slow from items capped at 50% but from outside sources such as Holy Frezze, decrep, or clay golem it can be even more slow. thats what i have read in other posts and thats what it appears to be in duels. correct me again if this is wrong.

one last thing: told him i was legit and he wasnt, asked where the rule bok was, told him about website (lld101.com) complained no one could comply to all those rules. he seemed focused on the rushing (hell rushing) aspect and i told him my only chars rushed past norm were my 12 zeal/charger, 25 bone necro, 19 charger, and 29 summoner because of their lvls or odd build types. also he has a 29 blizz sorc that uses AA (autoaim) that really sucks to verse that i just fought. only char that beat her was my 29 charger but he complained of my stacked diamond shield....got his bm-pally and said 'stack this'.....

sorry to ramble. this guy is pissing me off tho

looking like i should just start lvl restricting games to lvl 27 but that would kill off most of my friends llders who are fun to duel with ~.~

damn BM-chars.
damn them.
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject:  

a decent necro should be able to tank him easily, you said your smiter owned him in 4 hits but then he started charging, use a longer range weapon and walk while having him name locked that should kill him pretty easily.
XtC_Faith

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject:  

using a monks warsecpter of swiftness +1skills 30ias +2 concentration +1 holy bolt. scepter is range 2 ? so i should try a +1 30ias flail or sumtin for range 3? sounds feasible...still so slowed

Thanks for help everyone.
_CiRCa_

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject:  

wat bout a hammerdin?? wud that work just spam hammers wen he gets close hell get not good'ed

XtC_Faith

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

Heh, i was waiting for someone to mention hdin and ya my friend has a lvl 25 one that beats the Bm- like 80% of the time. Thing is...i gave him the scepter and need to find a new one. And, to get the dmg on classic i need i would end up sacrificing much needed fhr/fcr breakpoints - would actually have zero% fcr with the setup : /

But ya. still might try it. thanks.
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject:  

Heh, u might get insulted by him for this but...

Make a near identical bm pala[hf and tan do li ga], but, make him a smiter!

Get him hellrushed too, as its classic and hes using the li ga your smite dmg should be similar to his zeal, and if you both move at the same speed smite>zeal.

I realise this would be a annoyance to spend time and items making but i cant see him ever winning vs you with it.

Edit:
XtC_Faith wrote:
so, my question is, anyone have any experience with a legit low lvl dueler that can handle a bm zeal/charger?

Just read this again and, hmm, while its not an answer to your question, it should still annoy him to hell and "teach him a lesson".
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
slow is capped at 50%.

Slow target by % is capped at 50%, but he is also using holy freeze which stacks with it.
XtC_Faith

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject:  

Gens + Hfreeze smiters are very common on classic west-nL b/c they do work so well vs mostly anything. but ya if i was going to be BM- (which i dont want to do, whole point is to prove his Bm- pally is beatable by legit ways) i would make a Bm- hfreeze-zealer with my 128 20ias naga or (dupe) carrion grinder bhammer; already have a great smiter that uses conc and dealing just under 600 dmg anyway, no great need for a cheap one (might make one tho now that i think about it...just need a legit to beat the Bm- still Neutral
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject:  

id say hammerdin

but i would try hf and hammers, just concentrate on bh synergies instead you damage will be much lower but with slow you should do just fine

conc only adds 1/2 listed ed to hammers so synergies should be much better anyway

you could get around 600 damage where as it would be 700ish with conc with basic gear tarn, sojs, +3 bh scepter, +1 ammy, 3 perf saph light plate, bladebuckle/nightsmoke, frosties/magefists, tearhaunches, wall of the eyeless/sigons id say this would work best atleast you could slow his ass when he tries to charge you or zeal you and hammers>melee i would try to get as little str as possible to keep your life high

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: