LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:21 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Best lld???
Page 2 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:  

This is getting a little off topic but I'm answering questions that other people asked.

Quote:
what rare gear do palapk palas use? they all use the same thing usually =/

Here's the godly zealot setup

High def 16 fana Exile
Glitch high def +2 pally valor
213 def Gores
Eth/repair Cruel/Fools weapon
40/15 Dungo
Angelic rings/ammy
2os %AR on level fhr/life helm or 30/31 CoA
60/20 Rends
+3 HS CTA scepter (this is the really expensive part)

Most look for 36/20 charms (or close to it) instead of 32020s.

Also, the myth that grief smiters are beating tele-ww barbs on ladder is untrue. Top barbs are beating top smiters, desynch whirl to counter their desynch charge, and ww is just a superior skill to smite. Triangle whirl with the occasional whirl away when needed. If you really need to, use doom/clegs and you can't lose.

If you think bone necros or wind druids are trouble, you have no idea what you are talking about. A leap/tele-whirl will crush both. For minion stacking druids, 2x Doom on the switch kills all his wolves instantly and Enigma will give you 14 life per kill. Then you can dod whirl him easily.

Bela - what top barbs did you tank with your sorc. I don't see how you can possibly tank a barb that can triangle whirl properly. If you're using ES with full 15/70s, it's still pretty easy to just tele away and kill with OW. Top barbs are going over 95% against top sorcs these days.

Anyway, since this is in LLD discussion, I will add that LLD wind druids seem like a fun build to me Very Happy
LoSt_BaNaNa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject:  

[quote="giantsquid"]
krajee wrote:
the best lld i ever saw was a necro that shot white things.

Would this not be a "boner?"

Hahahaha a boner shooting white stuff Laughing

stay smart be dumb.
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
This is getting a little off topic but I'm answering questions that other people asked.

Quote:
what rare gear do palapk palas use? they all use the same thing usually =/

Here's the godly zealot setup

High def 16 fana Exile
Glitch high def +2 pally valor
213 def Gores
Eth/repair Cruel/Fools weapon
40/15 Dungo
Angelic rings/ammy
2os %AR on level fhr/life helm or 30/31 CoA
60/20 Rends
+3 HS CTA scepter (this is the really expensive part)

Most look for 36/20 charms (or close to it) instead of 32020s.

Also, the myth that grief smiters are beating tele-ww barbs on ladder is untrue. Top barbs are beating top smiters, desynch whirl to counter their desynch charge, and ww is just a superior skill to smite. Triangle whirl with the occasional whirl away when needed. If you really need to, use doom/clegs and you can't lose.

If you think bone necros or wind druids are trouble, you have no idea what you are talking about. A leap/tele-whirl will crush both. For minion stacking druids, 2x Doom on the switch kills all his wolves instantly and Enigma will give you 14 life per kill. Then you can dod whirl him easily.

Bela - what top barbs did you tank with your sorc. I don't see how you can possibly tank a barb that can triangle whirl properly. If you're using ES with full 15/70s, it's still pretty easy to just tele away and kill with OW. Top barbs are going over 95% against top sorcs these days.

Anyway, since this is in LLD discussion, I will add that LLD wind druids seem like a fun build to me Very Happy

I thought palapk was gm? Meaning no exile. I don't know since I play west, but I thought it was pretty much the same as zeal pk on west, which generally is mannered and generally no one uses exile (poor choice for a shield anyways, no sockets, no %DR, just defense).

There is no single "godly" zealot setup. Most use different gear and take a lot of thought.

Here's my hld zealot gear:

Eth Zod Razor's Edge
Eth Zod Alma Negra
BerBer CoA
Eth Arkaine's Valor
Verdungos
Gloves/boots change
Ik Glove/Boot
Gorerider/Magnus skin
Angelic Ammy/Ring/Ravenfrost

Many Zealots use Stormshields, Shakos, eth DC, eth RM, eth rare weaps, highlords in some kind of combination to get at least 45% DR with decent AR/Def and DS. Zealots definitely dont "all use the same thing." Of all classes, they are probably the most diverse among the elite duelers (aka not pubby trash).

A lot of people on this board seem to have some skewed view of what HLD is like. LLD is basically the same in my experience, just lower levels and generally more "newbies" I'll put it.
Like hld duel games you don't see many Tal sorcs running around, but in LLD games I find tons of people who don't even know what lld is and just want to have fun. They can't compete with llders. I don't witness this in HLD games as much.
I will admit though that the general manners of HLD games are much worse than those of LLD games which is why I enjoy pubbing in LLD so much more (mainly private HLD).

Wind druids are easy for my barb, well equipped (50%DR, 125% FCR) bone necs are harder in my personal experience. From what I hear, the top West barbs beat the top Necros both from west and east.

And my input on the thread topic: lv30 Fury druids are fun and also do very well in melee duels.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject:  

Yea I was just listing one of the setups they use. I've never seen a good one using a SS though, seems like 46 DR from CoA and dungos is enough. I've seen eth glitches HoZ's but those are usually used by FoH'ers and Hammerdins. There are definately different weapons they can use, eth DC, BoTD, eth Heavens light, or eth Redeemer. I just listed the eth/repair/cruel/fools because it's the most expensive.
Makaveli

BNet Acct/Realm: e_sc_nl *nosemonkey-b *nosemonkey-b1 *nosemonkey-b2
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject:  

on east, apparently the melee duelers dont consider exile bm (i dont melee because i think its boring)... because every melee pala in palapk uses exile... i think its bm, but how can you say its not a good shield? the life tap is very good... without exile, i would guess the builds would be very different

i've seen a few with rare weapons, but they are usually not very competitive against the normal eth dc ones...

w/e, i guess im a little biased, i never considered melee vs melee duelers "top duelers" because all they really do is hold left click... and i just think dueling strat is more fun/challenging than making up the certain equips melee palas have... i do know that making the equips isnt easy, but it just not what i enjoy doing as much

ehhh, why would the smiter charge at a barb lol... they usually just try to tank the barbs and shift+smite... how would the top west barbs know if they can beat the top east necros? ^_^ the best east necro (imo of course) has never dueled a west barb... i also think wind druids are pretty easy on barb, i can beat almost all of them... i like to try to sneak in and zerk them lol

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject:  

palapk allows exile in pally vs pally duels and in duels where both parties agree to allow it

anyway theres a bunch of different ways to build a melee pally a valor pally is more rounded, eth temp is made for pure melee dueling (mostly pally and barb), eth glads are different but also fun, eth cap is a lower budget build compared to eth glitched armors same with levi builds. there are tons of weapons zealots use; eth dc, eth cruel/fools rare, ebotdz, and others prolly (im not too sure what else though). helms also vary with coa being the front runner and high def rares with % ar per lvl and other useful mods. shields have 3 choices really upped hoz, eth alma, or exile. rest of the gear is pretty much the same with all zealots raven (if nothing is chamed) angelic ring ammy steelrends dungos and upped gores (or eth ones).

what im a lil skeptical is how dual wield barbs get enough ar to hit a good def zealot (and ww into one that knows how to use thier surroundings properly) without prebuffing enchant

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject:  

When I said top HLDers like zealots and fury druids I meant rich ones like them because it gives them a lot of gear to spend a ton of currency on. Granted dueling is just left clock and hold, but it's the gear possibilities that attracts people to these builds.

WWbarbs won't hit a high def zealot often, but with good whirling, the zealot will never hit the barb.
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject:  

Makaveli wrote:
on east, apparently the melee duelers dont consider exile bm (i dont melee because i think its boring)... because every melee pala in palapk uses exile... i think its bm, but how can you say its not a good shield? the life tap is very good... without exile, i would guess the builds would be very different

i've seen a few with rare weapons, but they are usually not very competitive against the normal eth dc ones...

w/e, i guess im a little biased, i never considered melee vs melee duelers "top duelers" because all they really do is hold left click... and i just think dueling strat is more fun/challenging than making up the certain equips melee palas have... i do know that making the equips isnt easy, but it just not what i enjoy doing as much

ehhh, why would the smiter charge at a barb lol... they usually just try to tank the barbs and shift+smite... how would the top west barbs know if they can beat the top east necros? ^_^ the best east necro (imo of course) has never dueled a west barb... i also think wind druids are pretty easy on barb, i can beat almost all of them... i like to try to sneak in and zerk them lol

I said Exile isn't the best shield because it only has defense. Not much else. LT is bm, so I will rule that out, otherwise in pubs I agree it's decent. It has low block, no %DR and no open socket.
I see many good zealots on west using Stormshields btw (I believe one of the top zealots uses one). They are great shields because they open up your helm or belt to other choices due to the %DR on the shield. 30str is also 30%ED or helps you wear that heavy eth templar or eth carapace.

West barbs have beaten east necros because they dueled on open. Each made their own character (exact stats that they have on their realm) and dueled over open. Zerking wind druids isn't the greatest way to beat them...Basically dual wield, leap their minions, teleport, triangle whirl. Due to the druid's poor inherent hit recovery, block speed and cast rate, it is very hard for them to get out of a good dual wield DoD.

WW barbs hit high defense characters more often than you might think. Most barbs will enchant for this. Defense has big diminishing returns, and the barb is attacking every 2 frames or so, so it would surprise you how often they hit.
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject:  

100% aggreed with bela that sorcs can take barbs pretty easily. Back in the day when i worked on my sorc religiously and sometimes now i can take some of the best geared and best dueling barbs. Most of the time with avoiding but sometimes tanking. Its about 50/50
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject:  

LT isn't BM on USEast. I think we can both agree that Exile is by far the best shield if you don't consider lifetap to be BM.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject:  

enough high level discussion. this is a topic about lld, in the lld discussion forum. if you want to discuss who has the best high level zealot, take it to the right forum.

XxCold_DeathxX

BNet Acct/Realm: Palm Springs
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject:  

Thx Voices I came here for LLD discussion...anyway....

I think Cold Sorc rules all. Still not sure on the best build for it all but I have won 95% of my battles with mine.

However I did make a sorc killing paladin just for characters like my sorc.
No lvl 30 cold sorc can beat him.

You gotta have the right build against the right enemy. No 1 character will always win, they all have weaknesses. I would say the build with the least weaknesses would be a necro but they dont have quick escape tele so once again I say the cold sorc because of her versatility to catch runners (blizzard) stand there and take melee (1400 def, 75% block, 50%FBR, shiver armor) and can run/tele away from any bone spirits.
I am up for discussion against this build.

rarnold696969
Lvl 30: Cold Sorc, Elem Druid, Sorc Killing Pally
Vlld: TSin
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject:  

Fire sorc will kill cold sorc everytime or 90%+ of the time if they both know what they are doing, and i forget who said that necro can beat the other sorcs but not blizz in the first page, but that's true for the most part, but a truly skilled sorc of any type that uses teleport will never be hit by any bone spirits except an occasional IBS and rep life takes care of that. and with spear it would be even harder for the necro to hit the sorc if she is a good tele'r because they don't travel as far and go invisible so a sorc can just avoid them if she tele;s well enough. I would say that assuming each dueler is top gear with a top skilled player using it, it would go
teleport sorc > necro > hammerdin > fury druid, for lld. but other builds that are not on that list can beat fury druid, and fury druid can beat most necros just not great ones. and for the necro to beat the hammerdin it's pretty simple just bonewall yourself and then he can never get in close enough to hit you anywho i forgot if there was anything else to answer to that guy on the first page (i think it was dao jones)
XxCold_DeathxX

BNet Acct/Realm: Palm Springs
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:  

Well vs fire sorc all i do is just run around in circles or figure 8's and blizz on top of them...not to mention wearing hotspurs or infernostride seriously reduces the dmg.

Only met one Fire sorc that could beat me but of course she used e-shield and about 900 mana and life compared to me with half that. He also had quite a bit more uber gear then I did. Couldn't catch her with the blizz very often. She just outlasted me.

rarnold696969
Lvl 30: Cold Sorc, Elem Druid, Sorc Killing Pally
Vlld: TSin
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject:  

yeah, 900 mana with eshield is actually low too, and fireball has 2x the range and damage, and like 5x the speed of blizz, and if they really wanted to they could probably even just namelock the blizz sorc and tele on top and spam fb, the blizzer would die a lot sooner than the fb would if it turned into a tankwar, and the fb could hit harder and faster from further away if it was a far away war
Page 2 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: