LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:27 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
What build vs LLD hammerdins?
Page 1 of 3 [33 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject:  What build vs LLD hammerdins?  

Ok, im going to have to make an new character for vs lld hammerdins, because they are so evil now with dual wielded spirits. I am seeing more and more of these in the public games and its a relatively simple build, but how are you ment to beat them? Like my smiter can duel most other builds and more often than not come out on top including windy druids, but vs a half decent hammerdin and im minced. 110%fhr at least and actually having to close within hitting distance means hammer death as it only takes 2-4 hammers to kill me. So what would be a good suggestion to beat them? I was thinking either an insight charger, and get him chasing after you then you charge in and charge out hopefully b4 he starts his hammers and hope like heck you get a 1 hit ko if u passs that uber %block. 2nd option was a necro's but how effective are spears/spirits against those spirit's with magic absorb and such.. Besides most hammerdins use a insight runestaff charge switch.. Any advice? and no i dont want to do the "If you cant beat them join them" approach because i dont duel with hammers and im sure I would get my nooby ass handed to me by them xD
just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject:  

here are some solutions that beat hammerdins easily. Bowazons, lightning sorc, blizz sorc, fire ball sorc, bone necro,throw barb, throw zon and anything else with range. melee = no. and chargers dont work as well as you would expect
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject:  

i think what wout meant to say is, that if you have to get in close with teh character, youll more than likely die pretty fast. since smite isnt melee. you dont beat hammerdins by being strong, you beat them by not getting in range of their hammers.

make a caster. make a spirit necro.

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject:  

caster/ranged>hammerdins>melee

cold sorc is prolly the best vs them though

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
zori

BNet Acct/Realm: Finland // Europe L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject:  

sorc or necro is prolly best option bowazon cant really kill em if they have charge on switch, i would prolly go for cold sorc too but fire should work too but nokozan/hotspurs = dead fire sorc
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject:  

Your best bet is a bone necro or bowazon if they have no charge switch (unless they're a lib, their charge won't hurt too much anyhow).

Spirit hammerdins have a lot of resists, so elemental dmg probably isn't going to be the best route to take against one. Bone necros are irresistable, and bowzons are hard to resist and can have knockback.
coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject:  

I'd say go with a bone nec I don't think an lld bowazon could beat a good hammerdin......btw I have an lld hammerdin on ladder and he does great against alll build's except lvl 35 white nec's but i've never dueled a good lvl 30 lld nec though.

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject:  

I do just fine against them with my zealot, unless they're liberators.

It's just knowing how to walk through the hammers, or how to position yourself to begin with. They don't have massive dr, and their life isn't THAT great. They die like the rest.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject:  

unless they charge around and cast hammers they r relitivly easy to beat with a melee....just run in below them and use sac once and then run away as they cast a few hammers....let them come to u done go to them if its possible....iv killed a few 30 lld hammerdinds with my 30 cs zon....it normaly takes a while though

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject:  

thats the way to beat them with melee.

you wait for them to come to you. just stand there and keep your eyes open for an opening. theyll eventually get bored of standing and casting hammers, and make a move towards you. thats when you rush in, get a hit or two in (or 1 series of zeal) and then run out before they can cast a hammer on you. repeat as many times as necessary.

Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:

you wait for them to come to you. just stand there and keep your eyes open for an opening. theyll eventually get bored of standing and casting hammers, and make a move towards you. thats when you rush in, get a hit or two in (or 1 series of zeal) and then run out before they can cast a hammer on you. repeat as many times as necessary.

I'm guessing you havent dueled too many decent hammerdins. Good ones rarely stand still for more than 2-3 casts. Hammerdins will never run or walk: They will always charge.

You wont beat any decent hammerdin with a melee.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject:  

Trapper beats hammerdin
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:  

Delybrio wrote:
VoicesLLD wrote:

I'm guessing you havent dueled too many decent hammerdins. Good ones rarely stand still for more than 2-3 casts. Hammerdins will never run or walk: They will always charge.

You wont beat any decent hammerdin with a melee.

there arent many hammerdins on west. mostly zealots and necros. we lack varity. Sad

Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject:  

to tell the truth i havnt met many good duelers on lad yet.....the 3 hammerdins iv met would run straight at me and cast a hammer...so id just pop them with cs and run off....rinse repeat...now using dely tacticts where they charge/hammer constantly unless u stun locked u it would be impossible for me to kill u

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject:  

Well to be honest Euroupe dosnt use your lld101 rules as there isn't to many that know about it, altho i do try to spread the word to the better duelers. But no, all the hammerdins i have dueled that were ment for low level dueling all had insight 2ndry charge weapons and were hell rushed. and that usually means they are damn hard, i can kill the less skilled at a ratio of about 2 of my deaths for everyone of thiers... it goes up to about 3-4 per thier deaths vs good tacticians. But yeah how much magic dmg doe those spirits soak up, because i was messing around with my prebuff spirit weapons and firing my lvl 1 hammers and killing ppl, but a lvl 35 necro's bone spirits (not a good one) didnt even dent my life, altho useing the spear he eventually took off like 6 per spear.

(another difference, i have been playing in europe ladder for about 2 months and i still havnt seen a lvl 18 zealer, (used to playe east and there were alot there) eroupe tends to be more chargers or hammerdins Sad )
Page 1 of 3 [33 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: