LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:31 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Venge build, like some suggestions
Page 3 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject:  

His english is perfectly fine. You've stalled this thread by complaining about how people respond to you. Don't take random comments so seriously, and focus on the build if you want help.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Barbask

BNet Acct/Realm: Barbask2(East Softcore Ladder)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject:  

no i seriously dont know what he means by "you are in the wrong" and i really haven't stalled this, i asked a question that wasnt answered before all this happens, id appreciate if somebody answered
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject:  

Pcombat amulets and circlets/ammys are in alot more demand than thier counter part +1 pally skills and the +2 offensive skillers.
The +2pcombats are usefull for adding damage and helping your ar and also increasing your Holyshield level so you need less in Dex. Unfortunately each level in Veng increases your mana so it is a slight draw back. +2 offensive reduces opponents deffence and thier resitances without the increase in mana. I think the best trade off would be to go the +1 paladin skills amulet/circ. To be fair a Peasent crown would be quite good here.
xx
KnightXENO2

BNet Acct/Realm: West Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject:  

Feel free to try it out but try not to spend alot on the vengeance specific bits of gear because it won't work.

I've seen people try it out for lvl39 & 49 MLD's for melee tournaments and throw more resources at the character than my entire account.... and its definately easier @ a higher level (where you can get more convic, ias/ar jewels, etc). Not dumb people either, people who rebuilt it 4-5 times different ways seeing if inate ele dmg or crazy phys converted into ele was better for example.

Fact: your attack is going to be SLOW + its interuptable + it gives little or no AR multipliers. This means if your lucky you will usually get in 1hit for a zealots 3-4, and the only that would work is if you do more damage than him (which you won't).

On top of that your rarely going to be able to HIT someone, as your AR will be terrible for a lvl30 melee. Granted you can get away with alot less than most people realize (especially with eth's & convic), but since your getting fewer swings you need to hit every time possible (meaning a good ar).

So unless:
you have a rare +3convic/30ias + shael/lots of ed or ele dmg divine weapon
tons of life/high ele dmg charms or tons of melee charms (max/ar/life)
it probably won't work.... and even then with that gear a zealot would be better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just give you an idea how hard and costly it will be to make this character even mediocre. Given enough determination you might even get it from meiocre to good, but for that amount of perfection is anything less than a viable character worthy? Then again if you just want to build something odd to prove it works, I appologize. [that + boredom was why I took a super budget bletter barb and tried to make him good]

If you truely do want to do it just to prove you can I suggest you experiment alot, but possibly start something like this:
Either a +skills maxing build or a high def build focusing on adding extra dmg to your build [lots of CB, possibly crit strike] since you will have alot of points for holy sheild/defiance synergy.

3convic 5sock divine: sheals will bp with gloves, rest eths
ebug ornate peace [crit strike worked with veng last i checked and you need dmg] OR either lvl30 +1armor
glove/belt combo of choice for stats & ias (usually sanders/string or ik combo)
Angelics ammy + 2x rings if it helps enough... if your ar still blows go for +1pally/life/stats ammy, 100ar/stat/80mana ring + another or SoJ [you prob need angelics though]
Pcrown or a really good eth-rep helm
Gtoes unless you absolutely need the ar from sanders
Ed/ar pally shield rhyme, ed/ar jeweled as needed, or a spirit shield.

Barbask

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject:  

i appreciate your thoughts on how i can improve my character, yes i have realized i will be extremely slow and will lack high AR, i am planning on using life scs not to picky on it ill go from 10-15. and i also have a staff with lvl 4 enchant charges, which is strictly used for the AR%. i just made a 117ar/64ed spirit akaran rondache and have x5 fhr/str lcs and still iso of x2 fhr/dex lcs(making x5 of them) in a way i am kind of making this to prove it can work, but main reason is to try something new and different from the 6000 v/t or ga zons on my server. hades and knigthxeno you both say a +1 pally skill would be best option instead of a +2 pcomb or a +2 poff, i was thinking you would want one or the other because, poff: you need to lower res because my dmg comes from ele. Pcomb: for more ar/ele dmg but now that you pointed out the +1 pally skills it seems like the best choice
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject:  

If you want to prove it can work, you will probably have to be quite picky. Don't settle for your charms, make sure you can get the best ones possible.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

+Damage > +Skills since Venge converts damage to ele.

Personally I wouldn't use Ik, instead I'd use deaths belt/gloves. Lower str req, and frees up your shield for a Max damage ed/ar paly shield.

All your jewels should be +15 Max damage or better.

I'd either use fana or convic as an aura, it's your preference really.

I'd agree with alot of what Imp posted as items for your build.

Honor Knout (or Divine Scepter if you find some amazing skill) [huge str req]

Max Damage > +Skills.

I've made an Avenger. A robo naga would also be a good bet.
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject:  

Barbask wrote:
no i seriously dont know what he means by "you are in the wrong"

Just to clear this up, if english is not your first language I commend your current grasp of it. Its a saying often used to inform said person that thier views/arguements/points are considered to be wrong by the person who said "you are in the wrong".

On the other hand if your question is why he believes you are wrong then its probably because you took my critique as a personal attack and responded as such. Wich is fair enough, we all make mistakes and a simple misunderstandings can be over looked. I ment no offence in my original reply btw and I am sorry if i caused any.
Hope you have fun with your new character.
Barbask

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject:  

yea i have made alot of changes, ive been updating my build in my notepad but not on here so i guess its kindof hard to know what ive already changed. I am still uncertain of death set simply because the only use for it imo is for the ias and maybe alittle on the 75 psn time, but im still debating on just getting some good 20ias rare gloves with good mods on it and a fhr belt with good mods. i know the divine scepter has alot of rstr however since vengeance converts damage to ele but the perks to using one is the damage, speed in a sence the range and not to mention the #of sockets. fana is out of the question wouldn't be able to do anything without conviction on to hopefully lower the res

Hades, english is my second language, but ive never heard "you are in the wrong" to me it doesnt make any sence, thanks for clearing that up for me.

(P.S what are you guys talking about "robo" naga i have no idea what that is, but i need to use scepter because i didn't put a base skill in to conviction)

Although not recognized as a true bushi by some japanese experts, Musashi is a icon of the samurai culture. He started from nothing, as a hungry little boy in a small village called Miyamoto, and became one of the greatest warriors in Japan. Famous by using both swords during a embate, Musashi has won over 60 deadly duels during his live
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject:  

Ummm... death's give cannot be frozen, which lets you replace your shield to an ed/max paly shield since you don't need rhyme for cbf.

A robo naga is a naga with ed/max jewels and runes (usually shael, maybe an eth depending on ias bp).

If you can't hit the last ias bp, I recommend fana. If you're hitting the last ias bp, then conviction.

My avenger used convic, and my friends used fana and we came out to be pretty much the same.
Barbask

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject:  

yea ive already replaced my sheild i have a 119/63 spirit akaran rondache, and i have cannot be frozen on m spirit shroud so the deaths cannot be frozen is useless
Although not recognized as a true bushi by some japanese experts, Musashi is a icon of the samurai culture. He started from nothing, as a hungry little boy in a small village called Miyamoto, and became one of the greatest warriors in Japan. Famous by using both swords during a embate, Musashi has won over 60 deadly duels during his live
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject:  

Barbask wrote:
yea ive already replaced my sheild i have a 119/63 spirit akaran rondache, and i have cannot be frozen on m spirit shroud so the deaths cannot be frozen is useless

Get rid of spirit shroud...

Get +max damage armor. The +1 skills isn't worth the lack of damage.

If you need ias, you can check twitch because I believe I might have used twitch to hit the last ias bp w/o fana...

Not sure, it's been awhile.
Page 3 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: