LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:52 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
question of all time
Page 3 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3

Who is the best PvP character?
Barbarian
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Assassin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Necromancer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Amazon
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Sorceress
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paladin
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Druid
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject:  

i think i dueled your bowazon a few hours ago...Your account name here is the same as your bnet account right?

Anyway, try not running around without a shield when facing a paladin with charge. Our duel ended in seconds, but from that i can pretty safely say your zon needs A LOT of work. Id suggest posting your build/gear in a seperate thread, asking for advice. Bowies are easily one of the top lld builds in made/used correctly.

kaniff

BNet Acct/Realm: kaniff/USEast
4.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject:  

MortisNostre wrote:
i think i dueled your bowazon a few hours ago...Your account name here is the same as your bnet account right?

Anyway, try not running around without a shield when facing a paladin with charge. Our duel ended in seconds, but from that i can pretty safely say your zon needs A LOT of work. Id suggest posting your build/gear in a seperate thread, asking for advice. Bowies are easily one of the top lld builds in made/used correctly.

yea i have the same bnet acc *kaniff. Yea zons suck against pallys, specially chargers.

Waramp wrote:
the best chars in lld are the ones who kill slowly, but are very difficult to kill themselves, including bowzons. yes everyone has max block, but if you play right it should be hard for them to hit you, and eventually they'll die. high frw/rep chars are also good, but lame of course. thats why paladins are usually considered the best lld char. what you should do is make a FUN char, make one dishes out a lot of damage, but can still take a hit. these chars are what make llding fun imo, even if all the lame super high-rep chars beat you.

Ok, how can bowzon deal with max block? More dmg?

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject:  

kaniff wrote:
man, just can't find ultimate lld pvp char! Made bowzon thought rangers rule, but it suck, everyone have max block, just can't hit anybody with GA. Zealer also wasn't the best idea. Just don't know what to make. Thinking of PnB Necro, only they require godly items Sad , or charger, they rock, as i see.

If your zon died that easily... either you didn't make her correctly or you don't know how to use her. Trust me... knowing how to duel = 75% of your win... items = the other 25% IMHO.

Zons rule the dueling rooms. I'll tell you the dirty secret about zons... FASTER RUN WALK is the key to their build... not damage!!! I made that mistake also of focusing so hard on damage or mana that she died easily... once I got her up to charging speed (120frw) people couldn't catch me to kill me Wink. My dmg was a bit less but GA automatically hits which means they can't block them all!

Zons rule for sure except vs. other ranged like tele sorcs or chargers. Otherwise very few chars can touch them.

You need to figure out the "KEY" to dueling each character or you will become very frustrated and quit. For LLD speed in many cases > damage... with the exception of toe to toe fighters. And, if you made a zealot that got owned I'm guessing you had shit charms/gear or forgot to figure out blocking or something. Zealots are the easiest chars to make on BNET and are top three in melee toe to toe. The only chars that beat a zealot quite often are fury druids and whirlwind barbs.

re-read the guides... perhaps you missed something. Make friends with the GREAT duelers here that have been around for a long time and you will begin to build MUCH more potent duelers.

Good Luck

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject:  

Even vs chargers a bowazon can win consistantly, all things being equal, with a high damage jav/shield on switch (mainly for LBing/LFing). With kb on said javs, chargers become even less formidable.

Gear is most important up until a point. Once you've managed a set up that allows you to compete with real LLDers, skill becomes more important. Im really interested in hearing what your zon wears, i really think there are some critical flaws.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject:  

kaniff wrote:
Waramp wrote:
the best chars in lld are the ones who kill slowly, but are very difficult to kill themselves, including bowzons. yes everyone has max block, but if you play right it should be hard for them to hit you, and eventually they'll die. high frw/rep chars are also good, but lame of course. thats why paladins are usually considered the best lld char. what you should do is make a FUN char, make one dishes out a lot of damage, but can still take a hit. these chars are what make llding fun imo, even if all the lame super high-rep chars beat you.

just keep running and shooting. you'll still hit them every 1 in 4 shots if they're walking, and every 3 in 4 shots if they're running.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
kaniff wrote:
Waramp wrote:

just keep running and shooting. you'll still hit them every 1 in 4 shots if they're walking, and every 3 in 4 shots if they're running.
<-- simplistic numbers there but you get the point. Vs. my buddy Fuh with max block and holy shield (more fbr) he seemed to hit me CONSTANTLY... NON -STOP! I even posted a thread and asked if GA could be blocked ROFL... so you made some big mistakes as Mortis said.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
kaniff

BNet Acct/Realm: kaniff/USEast
4.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject:  

wow thanks guys! didn't expect that ppl would really reply on a some lame unknown newb's threat.

Hm.., so I should focus more on frw rather then dmg. Also I noticed one thing about zon, that when u fire arrows stamina decreasing?

p.s. yea zealer pally was pretty shitty, my first lld char (EVER).

MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject:  

kaniff wrote:

Hm.., so I should focus more on frw rather then dmg. .

ITs all about balance

Ill say it for the third time. Post your build, that is, your gear and your skill distribution, ideally in a new thread, and we can give you a proper critique.

Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject:  

kaniff wrote:
Also I noticed one thing about zon, that when u fire arrows stamina decreasing?

Your stamina does not decrease when fireing arrows, with all characters, when running, your stamina depletes, when walking it is regained, when using an attack your stamina does not deplete nor is it regained, it stays the same.

Page 3 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: